River Ribble about to burst.

LostinSpace

Red Rose in Yorkshire
Staff member
Patron
So what do mean about the Bridge Inn at Walton-Le-Dale, has it been closed down completely? I used to live in the Brig but haven’t been there for some 3 years.
Just realised, I’ve got the the Bridge Inn and Shawes Arms the wrong way round. Was the Bridge Inn on the lhs driving towards Preston on London Road?

Schemer

Forum Patron
Patron
Just realised, I’ve got the the Bridge Inn and Shawes Arms the wrong way round. Was the Bridge Inn on the lhs driving towards Preston on London Road?
As europne say, Bridge was demolished some years ago and there's a huge nursery on site. The Shawes Arms has been derelict for years but is finally being renovated. I've heard it's to be an Indian restaurant. Could never understand why it didn't succeed as a pub, certainly a dining pub - the location, looking up the river, is as good as you'll find.

unconvinced

Manager
As europne say, Bridge was demolished some years ago and there's a huge nursery on site. The Shawes Arms has been derelict for years but is finally being renovated. I've heard it's to be an Indian restaurant. Could never understand why it didn't succeed as a pub, certainly a dining pub - the location, looking up the river, is as good as you'll find.
They always seemed packed when I was a kid. Or maybe that was just for the raft race. I dunno.

europne

Advisor to the Owner
Then there was the other Bridge Inn at lower Penwortham by the old bridge, which of course is also closed and last time I looked was another nursery......

northender0602

Forum Patron
Patron
It’s a kids nursery.
Was completely rebuilt, surprised the old building wasn’t listed and protected.
I think it might have been listed but when it was sold the first thing that went were the slates from the roof allowing water in which I turn makes the building “dangerous”