PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

River Ribble about to burst.

222Mark

"Clueless"
Staff member
Patron
Just driven by the Shaws Arms/Bridge Inn and the river is less than inches from bursting over,as it is still totally pissing down and with two more days of rain forecast.It aint looking good.

Summers here:rolleyes:

Just seen some of the pictures on twitter, looks nasty! When is high tide?

Mind you, you've got long to go before you match the Gloucestershire floods in 2008. Here's the Co-Op 100 yards from where I worked at the time. All the houses around ours for some reason had no electric or water for a week, so we provided baths for the rest of the cul-de-sac. There were fights in the Tesco car park where they were giving out bottled water - horrible times:

july_floods_31_470x300.jpg

Last edited:
Just seen some of the pictures on twitter, looks nasty! When is high tide?

Mind you, you've got long to go before you match the Gloucestershire floods in 2008. Here's the Co-Op 100 yards from where I worked at the time. All the houses around ours for some reason had no electric or water for a week, so we provided baths for the rest of the cul-de-sac. There were fights in the Tesco car park where they were giving out bottled water - horrible times:

july_floods_31_470x300.jpg
Low tide was at 7pm!!! High is at 0048 am

I recall the ribble flooding late 70s , roads closed everywhere - had to walk home Down the old tram road with water either side.

Ribble came over on Broadgate into Winckley Road in Oct. 77 - I remember we played Wrexham the next day at Deepdale - lost 1-3 - what a memory!!