PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

CONFIRMED Robbie Brady signs New 2 Year Contract.

Blimey, it's a good job being worried about the impact that dishing out dogs abuse could have on someone's mental health was just a passing fad.
Mmmm -
But if you can't stand the heat you stay out of the kitchen, whether its right or not a professional Footballer on circa 10k per week (& he has earned more in his career) has to have a strong personality and be able to take personal criticism, otherwise find another career/job and just play Saturday/Sunday League stuff, just for the love of the game and walk away after every match with not much further thought or comeback (like 99% of us do/did)

I noticed how pally he seemed with a few of their players.
One instance with their goalkeeper in the second half seemed very strange.
I texted my Mrs halfway through the second half saying it would be a late one, whilst I agree with the sending off, the ref was very one sided IMO.
I want consistency in a ref, and we did not get that today

YOU.......could put him in the same bag as with Brad Potts-at-the-time of that Notts. Forest away game.
BUT you'd be missing the point by a Country Mile....
Brad - Knuckled down , possibly took advice, changed his mindset, had Youth on his side & is willing to adapt , has the skills then & uses them better now than then, and for me is on the shortlist for Player of the Season.

Robbie Brady - Not changed his attitude, possibly hasn't changed his mindset, is the wrong side of 30, does not seem willing to adapt, has the skills but is now short of pace & stamina - and for me can go and play for Blackpool.

What more contrasts are there, that I've missed? Any ?

Mental Health..... Q. Is arrogance an indicator of " Mental Health issues" ? Because it seems he sure is arrogant & entitled. At least that's what comes over to me & from what I've heard.

His play does reflect arrogance. The risk taking he does in terms of retaining possession is just amazing. I find it really hard to get my head around Lowe liking him. Lowe is one of the most conservative and cautious tactically we've ever had, he puts the wrecking ball in to start. Mental.

Sadly Brady will probably be back in for QPR as can’t see Millar being available for next 2 games. I’d play Hughes lwb at Boro and see how he does.

We need to bring someone in there in January, even if it’s just a loan.

I noticed how pally he seemed with a few of their players.
One instance with their goalkeeper in the second half seemed very strange.
I texted my Mrs halfway through the second half saying it would be a late one, whilst I agree with the sending off, the ref was very one sided IMO.
I want consistency in a ref, and we did not get that today
My take exactly, which i've made in a couple of other posts.
Second half kick off, laughing and joking with a Cardiff Player(s) & did i imagine a thumbs up?
Also when they scored the first he definitely and obviously had a BIG smile.
Cheating is a big call but definitely unprofessional in the extreme!

Sadly Brady will probably be back in for QPR as can’t see Millar being available for next 2 games. I’d play Hughes lwb at Boro and see how he does.

We need to bring someone in there in January, even if it’s just a loan.
Hughes at LB, Mads at LW

But Lowe will probably roll out the red carpet for Brady’s return

Technically Brady is far from our worst player, but there’s just something about him that I despise and I can’t quite place why.

I think it’s probably a combination of:

1. If he actually gave a shit we would have a quality player on our hands; and

2. He reminds me of the Phil Brown years where we signed dreadful mercenaries.

Technically Brady is far from our worst player, but there’s just something about him that I despise and I can’t quite place why.

Nail on head.

Clearly thinks he's doing us a favour by being here rather than the other way round. This is exactly what he reminds me of.

He probably does give a shit, but only sort of, the real hunger and desire to be a Player has gone and yes, he's one of those at the end of a career just looking to prolong it and earn as much as they still can, whilst sort of still thinking they are giving their all - but deep down, not really, and whilst we might give these sort of Players a 12 Month contract to see if they still have something to offer.
What we don't do is then give them a 2 year one.
Give them another 12 months if we think they can still produce but let them walk away if they think they can do better.

RL said he’s going to have a word with him…no RL he’s an experienced pro and should know better…he needs to be disciplined and dropped as it’s not the first time he’s let the team and fans down and TBH he does not add much to the team and one of our younger players could probably add a lot more.

Think it would help the fans out with him being dropped aswell as the results. When it was 1-1 I turned to my mate and said any dropped points are down to Brady doing what he did. I random guy, probably in his 40s or 50s turned to me having a go at me for saying it's not his fault and I should get behind him rather than criticise, which is fair enough, but the fact (that he could probably tell) that I was way too young to be having a go at says a lot about our opinions of Brady. Presuming there was more arguments between fans about this, think it would help all if we never saw him in a North End shirt again (which he unfortunately will be), for both on and off the pitch reasons. My point is you can tell no one wants him to play when fans are arguing over it!

RL said he’s going to have a word with him…no RL he’s an experienced pro and should know better…he needs to be disciplined and dropped as it’s not the first time he’s let the team and fans down and TBH he does not add much to the team and one of our younger players could probably add a lot more.
As you say the guy is a VERY experienced pro and not for the first time cost us points.
How significant they could be at the end of the Season is anybody's guess at this stage but not withstanding that how do you say to your young Players 'you need to keep your heads' when the so called seasoned pro's are unable to do it - he really needs releasing in January if he can find a Club, or at the very least a large Club fine to at least send a message to the young Pro's, that this is not the way you transact your business as a Professional Football Player.

Going back to my earlier comments, I must stress it certainly wasn't knee-jerk.

He had an excellent first half of the season last season but then his form dipped alarmingly and he looked disinterested. Bizarrely he was handed a new contract - despite my reservations I had hopes he would re-find his earlier form.
Well he certainly hasn't and IMO he's regressed even further.

My comments aren't just down to today's game - the majority of games he's involved in, he contributes fuck all. When he does contribute something, it's usually dropping a major bollock.

He's just not good enough and that's putting it mildly.

Going back to my earlier comments, I must stress it certainly wasn't knee-jerk.

He had an excellent first half of the season last season but then his form dipped alarmingly and he looked disinterested. Bizarrely he was handed a new contract - despite my reservations I had hopes he would re-find his earlier form.
Well he certainly hasn't and IMO he's regressed even further.

My comments aren't just down to today's game - the majority of games he's involved in, he contributes fuck all. When he does contribute something, it's usually dropping a major bollock.

He's just not good enough and that's putting it mildly.

The thing is, people can say things like sack him, never play him again, stick in the central league etc until the cows come home.

The fact is, we can't afford to do that. Its very unlikely someone would come in for him, so he's here for another 18 months. Lowe needs to get to grips with him. I'd have him in the office Monday after training and read him the riot act.

Remind him he is not on some end of career half arsed jolly, he's playing for Preston North End. We're challenging for the play offs and he needs to realise his actions when relied upon have consequences. Mistakes happen, but to me he doesn't look fully committed. Its not acceptable. He should be leading by example with other senior pro's, I bet Alan Browne was absolutely fucking livid with him today & I hope he told him as much.

It's not too late for him to turn things round, we have seen it before, but he needs to sort himself out.

I think it’s a difficult one.

I know people say ‘he doesn’t care’, but I simply don’t think that’s true. His celebration against Rovers was genuine and you could see that.

The issue is he’s not being deliberately shit. He’s simply not up to it anymore. I just think he’s lost a yard, lost a bit of composure and it’s all just going wrong for him at the moment. He was trying to make up for his mistake today and that caused him the issue.

I think, if anything, Lowe needs to be questioned as to why he keeps playing him? I get that Millar will have only arrived back in the UK on Thursday (maybe even Friday) but that still doesn’t confirm why Hughes couldn’t play at LCB and push Best into LWB (or vice versa).

As good as our business was in the summer, Brady and Woodburn’s new deals were a real dampener. To me, it seems as a quick fix so that money could be spent elsewhere. Doesn’t surprise me though with the awful contracts we’ve handed out in the past.

I don’t think going at Brady is going to help anyone. Big issue now is if he finds himself back in the team after his suspension. Questions then need to be asked of Lowe if he struggles once again.

Personally, I think that Brady will be ‘paid off’ in the summer anyway.