PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Robinson or Archer

We could quite easily end up with neither

If so then what ? Who else is there on the radar if these don’t come off ?

Have we been linked with any other strikers ?

I don't see where the notion that Robinson wouldn't fit our system comes from. Personally think he'd compliment Riis perfectly in a front two. He's perfect at dropping into pockets of space, the opposite of what Riis strengths are. In fact I think that position suits him much more than being a wide man in a three.

Agreed, Steve Gerrard and Cameron Archer will decide where he is going NOT Steve Bruce….
Not even Gerrard. They'll have a dedicated loan manager who will work out where is most suitable for Archer. Him rocking up at QPR wouldn't be a surprise because of the manager.

I think that is part of James Beet's current role at PNE too. Hopefully he can arrange loans above the 6th tier.

I think it may be only obvious to you to be honest. Steve Bruce cannot dictate to us who we can and can’t loan and, even if that was the case and we pulled out of the race for Archer on loan, there is still no guarantee he would go to WBA.
I think you are being somewhat naive as to just what goes on behind the scenes at clubs who haggle For players. If both clubs want archer and we are trying to get Robinson, there will be strategists at WBA who are informing Steve Bruce. If you think it’s all sunshine and rainbows between the two parties then I think you’re wrong.

I don't see where the notion that Robinson wouldn't fit our system comes from. Personally think he'd compliment Riis perfectly in a front two. He's perfect at dropping into pockets of space, the opposite of what Riis strengths are. In fact I think that position suits him much more than being a wide man in a three.
I think the reason it didn’t work out for him at SheffU was because they played him in a more central role . Not sure where he played at WBA.

I think you are being somewhat naive as to just what goes on behind the scenes at clubs who haggle For players. If both clubs want archer and we are trying to get Robinson, there will be strategists at WBA who are informing Steve Bruce. If you think it’s all sunshine and rainbows between the two parties then I think you’re wrong.
So how do you reckon they will get rid of other clubs going in for him? What if Gerrard doesn’t like the way Bruce operates and treats his player. I’m not naive at all I think you are talking wet. The strategist works for WBA NOT Villa dear me.

Robinson, a permanent over a very talented loanee in this case. Archer is a fantastic player and if we could get him along with CR fantastic, if not there are other loanees.

Got to try to get a permanent striker signed and hope that O'Neil develops into a first team regular.

I think the reason it didn’t work out for him at SheffU was because they played him in a more central role . Not sure where he played at WBA.

That was in the Prem, where he was a foil for Olly McBurnie, which let's be honest is a tough gig!

I think West Brom played him either centrally in a 3 or wide, not in a 2 but not 100% sure.

Robbo now, give Villa a few months to sit Archer on the bench and realise he's better getting game time then second half of season get another loan of him and really push on..

We know Cam can do half a season In a tough league... did he have a few games he seemed fatigued? I thought so slightly... can he do a full season or is it better half again at full tilt?

There is another thread asking the same question, started about a week ago….

I will give the same answer on here as I did on that - Robinson on a permanent because he would be our player.

Villa could take Archer back at very short notice……
There’s usually only a one week window during loans (a week in Jan) where they could recall him. You’d hope PNE would plan for all eventualities either way.

I’m surprised now one has figured out that a Mexican stand off is ensuing between us, WBA, Robinson and Archer. We are all moaning about Robinson taking so long, all the while, Steve Bruce is confirmed to be chasing for Cameron archer on loan from Aston Villa. If I was Steve Bruce I’d be holding us to ransom on this. I.e - “you can have Robinson but only after we’re guaranteed to get archer and not you”.
If this is true, the following question becomes important: who would you rather, Robinson on a 3 year permanent, or archer on a years loan?
Personally, I’d take Cameron Archer. The guy is clearly going to be a world class striker and although he will Never be ours totally, he could (over the course of a season) mean promotion.
Robinson is good but he doesn’t perfectly slot into our 3-5-2 system and is less effective as an out and out striker. Therefore, if my suspicion is accurate and Bruce is trying to blackmail us, I’d be telling the money grabbing fat head Bruce to f-off and keep Robinson because we’re having super Cam!
You are presuming Gerrard will let Archer go out on loan again, with the way he is apparently performing and scoring in Villa's pre-season friendlies you would think there is a good possibility that Gerrard will want him at Villa challenging for a starting position.🤔