PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Rod Liddle compliment - Sunday Times

it's been posted before comparing North End's predicament compared to Bolton's. Piece today in Sunday Times -'Striking players, money woes + furious fans - will Bolton's turmoil ever end'... quite a read. But nice compliment towards end ... 'they should cast their eyes 20 odd or so miles northwest, to another famous old club - Preston North End - for the template of how to survive. Cut your cloth and build from the bottom up...' Thank you Trevor...

As a club we are doing things the right way, but until we've had a period of "success" in the Premier League then the majority of football fans will scoff at Preston North End because "doing things the right way" only gets you as far as mid table in the Championship. If anything, Burnley are a better example of cutting your clothing and building from the bottom. Five years in the top flight means they're now a world away from another Lancashire club.

As a club we are doing things the right way, but until we've had a period of "success" in the Premier League then the majority of football fans will scoff at Preston North End because "doing things the right way" only gets you as far as mid table in the Championship. If anything, Burnley are a better example of cutting your clothing and building from the bottom. Five years in the top flight means they're now a world away from another Lancashire club.
You have a point regarding Burnley(up to a point) lets not forget Burnley were on the verge of going bust when they got lucky ! Since their promotion to the premier , yes they have been sensible, but had they not got promotion when they did, they would have been up shit creek in a wire mesh canoe !!!

You have a point regarding Burnley(up to a point) lets not forget Burnley were on the verge of going bust when they got lucky ! Since their promotion to the premier , yes they have been sensible, but had they not got promotion when they did, they would have been up shit creek in a wire mesh canoe !!!
Thing is, though, yes they got lucky but after getting lucky they built on that, didnt go daft, came back down continued to build and now look where they are.

Take a look West at another club that also got lucky and the way they dealt with that luck. Chalk and Cheese.

it's been posted before comparing North End's predicament compared to Bolton's. Piece today in Sunday Times -'Striking players, money woes + furious fans - will Bolton's turmoil ever end'... quite a read. But nice compliment towards end ... 'they should cast their eyes 20 odd or so miles northwest, to another famous old club - Preston North End - for the template of how to survive. Cut your cloth and build from the bottom up...' Thank you Trevor...

Are we beginning to break that mould from the last four years or so thou,??? Signing younger players and bringing them through? Its going to be a punt starting to sign " more experienced players , with potentially less money coming in when they move on ... if it doesn't work I strongly suggest we go back to our recent policy of signing young , its the only way I can see us staying alive , as lets face it I can't see millions and millions being pumped in by our generous owner being sustainable for the future ...

Not at all. For example, I believe that your opinion, on many subjects, has merit. Just not this subject.

Very kind of you to say so but Mr Liddle isn't the ogre you paint him. He is irreverent not malicious and nothing he writes merits the epithet 'racist'. I even once had a bit of online banter with him about a Millwall vs PNE match and not all that many national newspaper journalists would do that sort of thing.

Very kind of you to say so but Mr Liddle isn't the ogre you paint him. He is irreverent not malicious and nothing he writes merits the epithet 'racist'. I even once had a bit of online banter with him about a Millwall vs PNE match and not all that many national newspaper journalists would do that sort of thing.

He has joined the modern SDP based purely on their mission statement. I can't find anything about them that would attract racists.

Prove it........ Where is your evidence ?

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ne...TMS5uAg9B0pWQwSQtDazJxOlQ2xRQ72RZlcn-z_FE7zdw.

Plenty here to suggest that Mr Liddle isn’t someone you’d introduce to your daughter. My favourite is the report that talks about the evidence that shows the Sun is still full of tits.

Seems obvious that whatever Liddle is, he’s playing the shock jock role to court presence for himself and his owner, that well known patriot, Rupert Murdoch, the Australian - American who tries to tell us Brits what we should do.

you can't deny he is columns are hilarious, has me in stitches every week , I think matic statement is quite accurate and its certainly how I read it.

Liddle shoots from the hip and slates officialdom PC nonsense

In addition to the already posted items, Liddle accepted a caution for common assault for punching his pregnant girlfriend. Do you need anymore?
No, I will accept that is very cowardly behaviour ..... no class at all !!