PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Rovers (a)

They’ve just announced ticket prices in the home ends, £30 a pop.

12pm kick off live on Sky so think we’ll definitely struggle to sell out at that price but who knows, if we win Saturday and then a month away might swell the numbers.
£2 more than pay by the match for us on the town end / kop.

By current standards it’s not excessive (which isn’t to say that current standards are in any way equitable).

There’s a wider problem but Rovers aren’t a lot worse than we are.

Any Blackburn fans that pay on the day will have a members card and it will probably be £10 cheaper for people with a members card, is that how it works?

More like Southgate will still be calculating could we still go through with another nil nil!!
Boring hapless bastard!!
The same Southgate who’s taken England to their first World Cup semi final in 28 years, and to within a couple of penalties of their first ever European Championship?

Personally, I found watching those tournaments unfold anything but boring.

Fans have every right to complain, £30 a ticket is shocking pricing. Its live on sky, early kick off, just before Xmas and in a working non affluent town. Footballs hierarchy and some owners have no idea how working families live their lives. Pricing out fans proves it, as does increasing attendances in non league football.

A lot of non League Clubs Charge between £15 and £25 these days. Attendances at Non League is because No Stewards, no police and a good chance of a good old fashioned Fist fight. Football is Shocking, Referee's could give a Fuck, what else is there to do, pick a fight with the Prick in the corner thats just eaten the last Stale Burger.

The same Southgate who’s taken England to their first World Cup semi final in 28 years, and to within a couple of penalties of their first ever European Championship?

Personally, I found watching those tournaments unfold anything but boring.

I'm not Southgate's biggest fan and his tactical decisions in some of the big games is worrying. I felt had he made changes in the 2021 final a bit earlier then we possibly could have won it. 2018 I wasn't bothered about as the bench was pretty shit anyway.

But regardless of his in game decisions I have still had the best two summers of my life supporting England. I was too young in 1996. And in 1990 I was 1. I am a bit worried about this tournament but the others we have done better than expected. People as a counter argument say 'look at the teams we faced.' Yes I know! We faced Iceland in 2016 and lost and finished 2nd in a group containing Algeria, USA and Slovakia in 2010. We didn't qualify for 2008 despite having Russia and Croatia in our group. In 2004 and 2006 we lost on penalties to Portugal - on paper our team was a cut above. We should have won both.

I actually enjoy beating the teams we should be beating for once. Rather than the embarrassment of losing to Iceland or drawing 0-0 with Algeria or Slovenia or 1-1 with Russia in 2016. Personally I think this world cup will be his last and it should be his last. But I will be grateful for the two brilliant summers I had supporting England.

I'm not Southgate's biggest fan and his tactical decisions in some of the big games is worrying. I felt had he made changes in the 2021 final a bit earlier then we possibly could have won it. 2018 I wasn't bothered about as the bench was pretty shit anyway.

But regardless of his in game decisions I have still had the best two summers of my life supporting England. I was too young in 1996. And in 1990 I was 1. I am a bit worried about this tournament but the others we have done better than expected. People as a counter argument say 'look at the teams we faced.' Yes I know! We faced Iceland in 2016 and lost and finished 2nd in a group containing Algeria, USA and Slovakia in 2010. We didn't qualify for 2008 despite having Russia and Croatia in our group. In 2004 and 2006 we lost on penalties to Portugal - on paper our team was a cut above. We should have won both.

I actually enjoy beating the teams we should be beating for once. Rather than the embarrassment of losing to Iceland or drawing 0-0 with Algeria or Slovenia or 1-1 with Russia in 2016. Personally I think this world cup will be his last and it should be his last. But I will be grateful for the two brilliant summers I had supporting England.
FWIW 1990 (I was 12) and 1996 (I was 18) are memories that haven’t faded. I remember jumping around the living room with my dad when lineker scored and I often think of that when I’m home again watching footy in the same room.

Wherever you think of his abilities as a manager Southgate has deliversed two more amazing summers packed with memories for life (Pickfords save, that first goal against Germany and so on).

English football royalty without question.

A lot of non League Clubs Charge between £15 and £25 these days. Attendances at Non League is because No Stewards, no police and a good chance of a good old fashioned Fist fight. Football is Shocking, Referee's could give a Fuck, what else is there to do, pick a fight with the Prick in the corner thats just eaten the last Stale Burger.
I can only speak for my own experiences and the ticket price for my local town team is £9. The catering is first class and you can enjoy a beer in the stands. Finally, i've never seen any form of violence or aggressive behavior.

Is there a chance England could be playing at 3pm that day? If so that's another couple of thousand off the attendance.

Finish 2nd in group then win last 16 match = Friday December 9 at 7pm

Finish 1st in group then win last 16 match = Saturday December 10 at 7pm
Lancashire police have cancelled some leave on the 10th December.

They're expecting issues with Birmingham at the Lashers plus if England are playing at 7pm then the early kick off at Ewood might actually make things worse as it might encourage people who've been to that game to travel over to lasherland to watch the England game.

They're expecting issues with Birmingham at the Lashers plus if England are playing at 7pm then the early kick off at Ewood might actually make things worse as it might encourage people who've been to that game to travel over to lasherland to watch the England game.
Think Brum have got 3600 tickets

I would feel sorry for anyone that actively chooses to go to Blackpool to watch an England game.

Realistically, I find it difficult to give that view any credence whatsoever.

Realistically, I find it difficult to give that view any credence whatsoever.
I can understand how you and your social crowd would never entertain such a thing but you're not a coked up 21 year old wearing a stone Island jacket. Seen as though that crowd will be out in force for both sets of fans at Ewood - the probability of them travelling over to Blackpool whilst there's a game taking place where there's two more sets of like-minded individuals in town is high. Hence the police are making sure that they've got more officers than usual available.

What a load of absolute rubbish.

Southport v Chorley recently resulted in fisticuffs during and after the match between rival fans, there are videos out there showing punches thrown.