PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Rowan Vine

Tanny

Now that Birmingham are signing Garry O'Connor, Rowan Vine would be 4th choice striker behind Cameron Jerome and DJ Campbell.

I reckon he would be the perfect signing, he was useful at Luton (bagged about 12 I recollect?), is fairly big (target man) and probably wouldn't cost too much (£1mil max).

Thoughts? :cool:

Now that Birmingham are signing Garry O'Connor, Rowan Vine would be 4th choice striker behind Cameron Jerome and DJ Campbell.

I reckon he would be the perfect signing, he was useful at Luton (bagged about 12 I recollect?), is fairly big (target man) and probably wouldn't cost too much (£1mil max).

WE Cant afford him....

Firstly I think he'd be too expensive for us, given that Birmingham paid £2.5m in January I think they'd be looking to recoup most of that.

I'd also think that the clubs who showed interest in him back in January such as Cardiff, Norwich and West Brom would also be looking to sign him should he be made available.

I'd imagine that Birmingham would welcome interest from West Brom inparticular given that they've admitted their interest in a couple of their players over the summer so would be looking to use Vine as part of a player exchange if possible.

The only way he'd come here is if it was on loan, and even then Birmingham would have to have exhausted all their efforts to offload him elsewhere to a club who could afford to buy him permanently.

Firstly I think he'd be too expensive for us, given that Birmingham paid £2.5m in January I think they'd be looking to recoup most of that.

I'd also think that the clubs who showed interest in him back in January such as Cardiff, Norwich and West Brom would also be looking to sign him should he be made available.

I'd imagine that Birmingham would welcome interest from West Brom inparticular given that they've admitted their interest in a couple of their players over the summer so would be looking to use Vine as part of a player exchange if possible.

The only way he'd come here is if it was on loan, and even then Birmingham would have to have exhausted all their efforts to offload him elsewhere to a club who could afford to buy him permanently.
Wages out of our reach for a start, like the lad but we need midfielders.... as a priorty....

Something isn't right here.. Vine is way head of DJ Campbell, DJ Campbell is a poor excuse for a footballer dispite his 9 league goals, he has been living of that goal against Sunderland in the cup for Brentford.

Also Killer Cam is no better then Vine either..

Birmingham will finish bottom next season...

Would be good but not going to happen, everyone wants a start striker and when nugent goes we won't have one i think but we also need new a midfield much more. I think mellor can get us the goals if given a chance and when on form agyemang is as good as any striker in the division (apart from people like bent who are premiership bound). Vine would be a good signing yet he isn't desperately needed unlike new midfielders are.

Would like to see him here but I can't see it happening. Were not going to spend £1 million on one single player, if the rumours are true we are more likely to get free transfer Henrick Pederson, who has just been released from the trotters. :cool:

and someone could put a "Vine leaves" thread on a Birmingham message board

I think Vine would be a great sigining for us. His work rate is first class, he closes people down and holds the ball up well. I can't believe he's not a reguler in the Birmingham first team. When Nugent goes i think we should put in for him right away. He would do a great job for us.

I think Vine would be a great sigining for us. His work rate is first class, he closes people down and holds the ball up well. I can't believe he's not a reguler in the Birmingham first team. When Nugent goes i think we should put in for him right away. He would do a great job for us.
I agree Surf but can we really see us spending over 1 million pounds on 1 player because i cant.

the brums paid £2.5m for him in jan. whilst pne are expecting to possibly get close to £5m (after clauses, possible exchanges etc) to pay anything over £500k for a striker when there are other areas to strengthen first is simply ridiculous imo.

unless we are playing fantasy league football.

1 - No way could we afford his transfer fee, they will want the 2.5m they spent on him!

2 - No way could we afford his wages, he'd of been on good wages at Birmingham considering they pay high wages and there were a few teams in for him. And now he has got promoted with them, I'm sure they'll be a clause in that they improve if they get promoted.

3 - He is way ahead of DJ Campbell!!

4 - I'm sure he'd like to fight for his chances at Birmingham, personally, i'd put him ahead of Jermone as well!

They might let him go for less than they paid for him especailly if they don't see him as part of their future plans? I thinks he's definitly worth some sort of bid from us, you just never know they might go for it.

LOL i don;t think they would go for it but i remeber somebody once bought an entire football club for 2p as long as he took on all their debts as well. I can't remember what club that was can anybody help?

Something isn't right here.. Vine is way head of DJ Campbell, DJ Campbell is a poor excuse for a footballer dispite his 9 league goals, he has been living of that goal against Sunderland in the cup for Brentford.

Also Killer Cam is no better then Vine either..

Birmingham will finish bottom next season...

Haha killa Cam is as poor as his nickname which refers to pink clad hip hop impresario Camron.

Hunter loves him though, in no small part due to football manager I surmise.