Rugby this weekend

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
Can't see a thread promoting the game at 'hoppers yet!

Armchair sports fans could do worse than Exeter v Munster on Saturday and Glasgow v Saracens on Sunday.

The documentary on BT Sport on Friday night, 'Shoulder to Shoulder', should be worth watching as it sets Irish rugby against the backdrop of the Troubles.

Ulster v Leicester Tigers for me. I'll be the one in shorts and a 'moon boot' on the East Terrace.

bigtallsi

Forum Patron
Patron

Armchair sports fans could do worse than Exeter v Munster on Saturday and Glasgow v Saracens on Sunday.

The documentary on BT Sport on Friday night, 'Shoulder to Shoulder', should be worth watching as it sets Irish rugby against the backdrop of the Troubles.

Ulster v Leicester Tigers for me. I'll be the one in shorts and a 'moon boot' on the East Terrace.

Grand Final at OT in an Exec Box for me......nice

Wrong thread I know but was a dinner with Geoff Miller the other night and didn't ask him the damned question!!!

Strongbow

Forum Patron
Patron

Rugby Union is followed by Tory supporting bellends .... end of !!!!

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
Spavin Stardust;n3358974 said:
Almost finished sniggering at Freddy Burns what a cockwomble, warming up for the grand final this evening.

When I was about ten, along with all other ten-year-olds, I was told NEVER to do anything fancy when putting the ball into an empty net. You'd still see some kid occasionally blast one over the bar when trying to break the back of the net... but hey, it's not professional football.

I've never understood how coaches allowed rugby players to routinely go in one-handed... or worse, those swallow dive antics like Chris Ashton used to do. It is just SO unprofessional, pointless (literally in this case) and unnecessary.

OP
J

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
How times change.

A few years ago, it would have been Kings Cross to Hull and a trip to the Flying Scotsman on the way home.

These days, it’s St Pancras to Paris for Racing 92 v Ulster.

The sacrifices I have had to make for the sake of my marriage.

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
justinr73;n3395543 said:
How times change.

A few years ago, it would have been Kings Cross to Hull and a trip to the Flying Scotsman on the way home.

These days, it’s St Pancras to Paris for Racing 92 v Ulster.

The sacrifices I have had to make for the sake of my marriage.

Hull or Paris for the weekend.....not exactly a difficult choice.

OP
J

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
Well one of my trains has bitten the dust due to the French transport strikes but it’s Clermont v Ulster for me this weekend.

The novelty of being treated like a welcome guest at an away match does not wear off.

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Well one of my trains has bitten the dust due to the French transport strikes but it’s Clermont v Ulster for me this weekend.

The novelty of being treated like a welcome guest at an away match does not wear off.
Shush youre not supposed to mention the French strikes over here.

Theyre not happening

OP
J

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
So, four games tomorrow starting with the Wallabies against the ABs and culminating with the French and the Irish trying to stop England winning the 6N.

OP
J

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
With Scotland being on at 2.15, that’ll mean starting with the bottle of Bowmore, switching to Lakes gin when England are on and winding down with a few Guinness later.