PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Rugby this weekend

If you have relegation, then surely you need promotion and which other European nation is remotely close to being good enough to play in that competition?
I agree that the alternative is to revert back to the Five Nations tournament.
Have Italy ever won a game since their inauguration?
Italy havent won a 6 nations game since 2015.

If you have relegation, then surely you need promotion and which other European nation is remotely close to being good enough to play in that competition?
I agree that the alternative is to revert back to the Five Nations tournament.
Have Italy ever won a game since their inauguration?
As things stand, Georgia are actually ranked above Italy so could argue that they deserve a chance to enter the competition, but i still think a 5 nations tournament would be better than having a whipping boys like Italy in there just to make up the numbers

Very pleased to see the boys win the game yesterday, no cards, no scrapping and the truth of the matter was that even without the points the ref dubiously added Wales were still the best team on the day. Interestingly Farrell needs to learn to keep his mouth shut, he was close to a yellow, he needs to know how to work with a Frenchman. From the time he told Farrell to talk to his team, it was actually 20 seconds before he blew the whistle to restart and England were slow, no doubt about that. The try which was deemed a knock on, according to the rules it just wasn't. The final try showed again how England were slow to prepare in defence. England were just not at the races. Early part of the game they were very ill disciplined to the extent I think they gave 3 quick penalty's. Very pleased to win the Triple Crown, just a good job for England none of the boys were in the stadium, could have been 54 !! ;) Night match in Paris for the grand slam on the 20th.

The ref told Farrell to talk to his players but he didn’t invite him to set up a picnic. They’d assumed Biggar would go for the posts and got caught with their pants down. May had managed to get set on the other wing.

It was a knock-on for me and I’ve not seen anything convincing to the contrary. The boy knocked it forwards and didn’t regain control of it.

The worst decision of the weekend was not awarding a try when Henderson clearly grounded the ball against Italy. They didn’t even stop play to have a look.

The Italy situation is tricky. Georgia are the next best in Europe but got nilled by England and Wales in November.

Sticking Argentina or SA in there instead would raise standards. I’m not convinced by that despite SA sides competing in the Pro 14 and talk of the Jaguares joining that league too.

That first try isn’t just controversial it’s borderline conspiracy theory. Biggar asks him to tell him when time is back on, and the ref nods at him and blows the whistle! Absolute shambles!

Well he couldn’t take the kick unless time was back on.

Check this out if you think Farrell and his boys should have been allowed a group hug and a meal before they were ready to actually play.

Yes I remember that happening nearly fell off my bar stool laughing the surrounding Dutchmen weren't too impressed but it made my day.

The ref told Farrell to talk to his players but he didn’t invite him to set up a picnic. They’d assumed Biggar would go for the posts and got caught with their pants down. May had managed to get set on the other wing.

It was a knock-on for me and I’ve not seen anything convincing to the contrary. The boy knocked it forwards and didn’t regain control of it.

The worst decision of the weekend was not awarding a try when Henderson clearly grounded the ball against Italy. They didn’t even stop play to have a look.

The Italy situation is tricky. Georgia are the next best in Europe but got nilled by England and Wales in November.

Sticking Argentina or SA in there instead would raise standards. I’m not convinced by that despite SA sides competing in the Pro 14 and talk of the Jaguares joining that league too.

The jury is out on the first try. I think most Welsh TV pundits in Wales (where we have far more prime-time rugby discussion programmes on BBC1) was that it was not really a fair decision. The video you just posted of the Ireland-RSA game was clearly a ridiculous - but pertinent example. You simply cannot have a ref pointing a captain towards his players - telling him to have talk to them, and then letting the opposition to kick off behind their backs.

fantastic end to the game in Paris tonight, France 10 points down and a man sent off, then Wales go and shoot themselves in the foot by getting 2 players yellow carded

fantastic end to the game in Paris tonight, France 10 points down and a man sent off, then Wales go and shoot themselves in the foot by getting 2 players yellow carded
You’ve got to feel sorry for Wales, well, maybe not 😂😂😂😂

PS this is banter, before anyone gets offended 😳😳

Unbelievable rugby match tonight. One of the best I’ve seen. France were ignited by getting a red card - they were awesome for the last 20 minutes- and what a last 4 minutes.

Gutted. A North End loss will always be the biggest thing for me - but England’s cricket loss, the England rugby loss and now this. Not been a good day!

Unbelievable rugby match tonight. One of the best I’ve seen. France were ignited by getting a red card - they were awesome for the last 20 minutes- and what a last 4 minutes.

Gutted. A North End loss will always be the biggest thing for me - but England’s cricket loss, the England rugby loss and now this. Not been a good day!
And now this? In what way does this disappoint?

PS this is banter, before anyone gets offended.

And now this? In what way does this disappoint?

PS this is banter, before anyone gets offended.
Born and brought up in England and support England in all sports- but am rather split with rugby - I am half Welsh by blood and lived here for over 20 yrs - and it’s a great place to be when there’s rugby on.

When they play each nowadays, I generally err towards Wales in the build up but heart swings a bit to England once they kick off. Odd I know. But was very invested in a Wales victory tonight.

England have not done as bad as they have in this years 6 nations for a long time....

I didn’t realise that France had grabbed a late win until I just checked the score - I still think that Wales will win
this seasons 6 nations....

I’ve not done the maths but the French were camped in the Welsh half at the death.

I do find, these days, that rugby is more fun than footy.

Cricket will always be my favourite sport.

It’s about time Eddie Jones was moved on, especially after England’s negative Triple Crown this year!

Wales didn’t deserve a Slam.

Equally, not sure the French deserve the title now that their alleged COVID indiscipline has left them knowing exactly what they need to do against the Scots.

Cricket will always be my favourite sport.

It’s about time Eddie Jones was moved on, especially after England’s negative Triple Crown this year!

Wales didn’t deserve a Slam.

Equally, not sure the French deserve the title now that their alleged COVID indiscipline has left them knowing exactly what they need to do against the Scots.
Yep, me too... Cricket will always be my favourite sport.

Not a chance Wales deserved a Grand Slam.

It was an awful day with England cricket and rugby, another shambolic North End display, the Lashers winning, the plastics getting a draw at Norwich and Rotherham & Sheff Wed both winning.

That last minute French try put a smile on my face at the end of a very, very trying day 🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Small victories and all that......