Rum & Coke

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
They had a Cockspur rum stand at Lord’s once when the Windies were in town.

Think I was there for the entire afternoon session (there’s a big screen on the Nursery Ground) and fell asleep on the train home.

OP
pnewortham

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
Just back from a family bbq. First time we've all been together in over a year.

We managed 2 x 1 litre bottles of captain morgan's, amongst other things 🥃😇. Keyboard is a bit blurred.

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
Mount Gay is a good one. My aim is to try to produce a rum and banana liqueur. Using bananas, rum and a mason jar.

May need some water, a sweeting agent and some trial and error too.

I’m using maple syrup in cocktails quite a bit, if that’s of any assistance.

Good luck with the experiments.

riverkiller

Forum Patron
Patron
May need some water, a sweeting agent and some trial and error too.

I’m using maple syrup in cocktails quite a bit, if that’s of any assistance.

Good luck with the experiments.
The bunging of the fruit in the alcohol isn't really the issue. British strawberries soaked in vodka for two weeks then strained and the vodka chilled will make angels weep. My problem is the flavours. I love Woods rum, but that is the HP sauce of the rum world. I imagined using over proof white rum, but that is scary and lacks imagination...!!!

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner
The bunging of the fruit in the alcohol isn't really the issue. British strawberries soaked in vodka for two weeks then strained and the vodka chilled will make angels weep. My problem is the flavours. I love Woods rum, but that is the HP sauce of the rum world. I imagined using over proof white rum, but that is scary and lacks imagination...!!!
Get a watermelon and stick a funnel into the top of it. Pour either a mild rum or vodka into the funnel a couple of times. The booze will eventually seep its way into the whole watermelon. You then get lovely rum or vodka flavoured watermelon.

riverkiller

Forum Patron
Patron
Get a watermelon and stick a funnel into the top of it. Pour either a mild rum or vodka into the funnel a couple of times. The booze will eventually seep its way into the whole watermelon. You then get lovely rum or vodka flavoured watermelon.
This works a treat. Especially good at bbqs. Another summer party trick is learning how to 'shotgun' a can of beer.