Rum & Coke

OP
pnewortham

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
My local landlord has a cracking rum selection. I have been trying to get him to stock cherry coke, but to no avail. He also has no idea which rum works best with banana. Sometimes its all about the long game.....
Whereabouts are you ? Doesn't sound like a UK pub...

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
Had some of that Grand Kadoo pineapple rum from Barbados (via Sainsbury’s) last night.

Perfectly drinkable on the rocks.

Ginger beer is the recommended mixer and I’ve just spotted a can in the back of the drinks fridge for later!

Sid Snot

Manager - East Cheam FC
Patron
Had some of that Grand Kadoo pineapple rum from Barbados (via Sainsbury’s) last night.

Perfectly drinkable on the rocks.

Ginger beer is the recommended mixer and I’ve just spotted a can in the back of the drinks fridge for later!

Check the expiry date ;)

riverkiller

Forum Patron
Patron
Intrigued. Sounds like a fella selling moonshine from his pub.
Nah, not moonshine. Just a fruit infused vodka. All UK duty paid. You would be surprised what flavours are out there ready to be infused. The strawberry vodka was promenaded tonight with some encouraging reviews. Now I have to persuade him to buy a case of quality vodka and 5lb of strawberries. And some Scottish raspberries. And possibly a gooseberry or two.
If you know anybody with surplus fruit.....

OP
pnewortham

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
Nah, not moonshine. Just a fruit infused vodka. All UK duty paid. You would be surprised what flavours are out there ready to be infused. The strawberry vodka was promenaded tonight with some encouraging reviews. Now I have to persuade him to buy a case of quality vodka and 5lb of strawberries. And some Scottish raspberries. And possibly a gooseberry or two.
If you know anybody with surplus fruit.....
Mate of mine has a mini orchard out back. Plums, pears, apples, strawbs, rasps, the lot.

He's a lush too, so let us know when the next event is...

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner
National rum day tomorrow.
They did a feature on rum cocktails on Sunday brunch this morning, featuring Mount Gay and XO rums among others.