PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Rum & Coke

They had a Cockspur rum stand at Lord’s once when the Windies were in town.

Think I was there for the entire afternoon session (there’s a big screen on the Nursery Ground) and fell asleep on the train home.

Just back from a family bbq. First time we've all been together in over a year.

We managed 2 x 1 litre bottles of captain morgan's, amongst other things 🥃😇. Keyboard is a bit blurred.

Mount Gay is a good one. My aim is to try to produce a rum and banana liqueur. Using bananas, rum and a mason jar.

May need some water, a sweeting agent and some trial and error too.

I’m using maple syrup in cocktails quite a bit, if that’s of any assistance.

Good luck with the experiments.

May need some water, a sweeting agent and some trial and error too.

I’m using maple syrup in cocktails quite a bit, if that’s of any assistance.

Good luck with the experiments.
The bunging of the fruit in the alcohol isn't really the issue. British strawberries soaked in vodka for two weeks then strained and the vodka chilled will make angels weep. My problem is the flavours. I love Small forest rum, but that is the HP sauce of the rum world. I imagined using over proof white rum, but that is scary and lacks imagination...!!!

The bunging of the fruit in the alcohol isn't really the issue. British strawberries soaked in vodka for two weeks then strained and the vodka chilled will make angels weep. My problem is the flavours. I love Small forest rum, but that is the HP sauce of the rum world. I imagined using over proof white rum, but that is scary and lacks imagination...!!!
Get a watermelon and stick a funnel into the top of it. Pour either a mild rum or vodka into the funnel a couple of times. The booze will eventually seep its way into the whole watermelon. You then get lovely rum or vodka flavoured watermelon.

Get a watermelon and stick a funnel into the top of it. Pour either a mild rum or vodka into the funnel a couple of times. The booze will eventually seep its way into the whole watermelon. You then get lovely rum or vodka flavoured watermelon.
This works a treat. Especially good at bbqs. Another summer party trick is learning how to 'shotgun' a can of beer.

I have abandoned the rum/banana thing. Now is not the time for experiments. Make strawberry vodka while you still can.

Yes it's absolutely a thing. Pepsi Max Cherry in our case. Adds a fruity twist (y)
My local landlord has a cracking rum selection. I have been trying to get him to stock cherry coke, but to no avail. He also has no idea which rum works best with banana. Sometimes its all about the long game.....