PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Rum & Coke

My local landlord has a cracking rum selection. I have been trying to get him to stock cherry coke, but to no avail. He also has no idea which rum works best with banana. Sometimes its all about the long game.....
Whereabouts are you ? Doesn't sound like a UK pub...

Had some of that Grand Kadoo pineapple rum from Barbados (via Sainsbury’s) last night.

Perfectly drinkable on the rocks.

Ginger beer is the recommended mixer and I’ve just spotted a can in the back of the drinks fridge for later!

Had some of that Grand Kadoo pineapple rum from Barbados (via Sainsbury’s) last night.

Perfectly drinkable on the rocks.

Ginger beer is the recommended mixer and I’ve just spotted a can in the back of the drinks fridge for later!

Check the expiry date ;)

Intrigued. Sounds like a fella selling moonshine from his pub.
Nah, not moonshine. Just a fruit infused vodka. All UK duty paid. You would be surprised what flavours are out there ready to be infused. The strawberry vodka was promenaded tonight with some encouraging reviews. Now I have to persuade him to buy a case of quality vodka and 5lb of strawberries. And some Scottish raspberries. And possibly a gooseberry or two.
If you know anybody with surplus fruit.....

Nah, not moonshine. Just a fruit infused vodka. All UK duty paid. You would be surprised what flavours are out there ready to be infused. The strawberry vodka was promenaded tonight with some encouraging reviews. Now I have to persuade him to buy a case of quality vodka and 5lb of strawberries. And some Scottish raspberries. And possibly a gooseberry or two.
If you know anybody with surplus fruit.....
Mate of mine has a mini orchard out back. Plums, pears, apples, strawbs, rasps, the lot.

He's a lush too, so let us know when the next event is...

Mate of mine has a mini orchard out back. Plums, pears, apples, strawbs, rasps, the lot.

He's a lush too, so let us know when the next event is...
Progress has been made. Strawberry vodka #1 has persuaded the landlord to invest in some Stolichnaya. Strawberry Stolly is about a week away.

Back on topic (ish), banana infused rum is next up followed by cherry infused rum as soon as cherries are in season.

National rum day tomorrow.
They did a feature on rum cocktails on Sunday brunch this morning, featuring Mount Gay and XO rums among others.