PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ryan Lowe's comments on Riis

'We know what it is don't we?" he said. "Let's not beat around the bush. Until January comes and we can help the group, then we know. Lads are doing different jobs up there fantastically well, in different ways, but we haven't got a 20-goal-a-season striker just yet. Emil did it last season obviously. We know what we need. That is just me talking as I have done for ages. We're playing some good football, I think you can see that, but it's just that final pass or cross. I was disappointed with the final third quality but we've just got to keep working to get better'

I think if my employer came out and said 'we don't have a decent enough ............. Obviously Durutti did pretty well last year...' I would want a meeting to discuss leaving the company because the words there just show how my face doesn't really fit and you don't think I am good enough.

I don't get what this achieves. Riis has been poor this season by his own standards but that's been made worse by the football and the approach used by the manager. I want Lowe to work as a manager here but some of the man management of Riis has been bizarre.

Ryan low confirmed he was happy with his squad during the last transfer window, despite the fact it was obvious and clear the squad lacked depth and quality (especially in the final 3rd). Easy excuse for him now.

Not backed I agree, but you can’t keep changing your tune.

Which again, was a bizarre thing to say at the time isn't it?. I can't help but think he needs to say less and do more. He just babbles on with stuff but it can be damaging and wind people up more.

Also, stop saying the football is 'good' or 'attractive'. I preferred watching Darren Ferguson ball through my hands to this dirge.

He’s handled Riis poorly it seems.

For the most part he’s looked a shadow of the player he was under AN.

Thing is, even if he improves just a bit he will get to 12-15 goals based on the fact he has got 4 already in 15 games (some off the bench). The problem is also that literally nobody else is looking like scoring. The midfielders don't, the defenders don't from set plays. It's just totally weird that you would keep publicly moaning about this one position when the whole squad looks so weak.

Hopefully he's making the point about the lack of options as opposed to Emil

I don't know how you can read the comments in that way. Out of all of the managers at this level currently, he's actually one of the few that does have a 20 goal a season striker based on past records. Just start showing some belief in him and work out how to manage that again than moaning about what you don't have after being 'happy with the squad'.

'We definitely need another striker to play up top with Riis because we know that Riis can be amazing at this level' is what you say, not this shite.

Not being able to get anywhere near the best out of Riis and waffling contradictory nonsense each week are two of the big reasons I don't like RL. I wish he would stop publicly criticising Riis and claiming we play brilliant, entertaining football. Yes, we do show occasional brief flashes and pick up random good results but we're just as likely to lose without a shot on goal. Obviously a lot of what is wrong at the club is down to the owners but RL really doesn't help himself sometimes.

Thought the same yesterday. His comments after the game effectively said the squad isn’t good enough and he needs more in January. It’s all bluff and diverts the attention away from him. Let it sink in we lost 4-2 at Blackpool and he takes no blame. Another interview goes on about Bambo. He’s got Teflon shoulders. It’s all smoke and mirrors.

It can’t be doing anything for morale in the changing room. I think he will lose the changing room if he hasn’t already.

Yesterday was shit. Start of the second half we had a lot of the ball but didn’t create anything like a decent chance.

He does have a 20 goal a season striker but doesn’t know how to play him. With Risse being quoted as around 10-12 million how are we going to be able to afford another one?

DJ on his day is one of the best 10’s in the league so we play him as an 8. I could go on.

He needs to play to players strengths and not this 352 or in reality 532.

PNE are currently 11/1 for relegation and with us now shipping goals and can’t score it’s not a bad price.

He’s handled Riis poorly it seems.

For the most part he’s looked a shadow of the player he was under AN.

AN? He was crap under AN and other than his first few games (where he was running at players and creating opportunities) he managed to score something like 3 goals all season.

It was FM that got something out of him. Not sure what but he did. There is clearer talent there as you don’t score 20+ goals luckily, but I think he’s been overrated by our fanbase.

Said the same when I heard the comments. Not exactly protecting the players at all. Gambled aswell by not starting his captain in a derby that we've been beat in. Guys massively out of his depth. Won't be long before the senior players see through him, if they already haven't.

Square pegs in round holes. If you claim to be happy with the squad, you set the team up in such a way that maximises that perceived strength rather than try and make Riis play with his back to goal and provide crosses from deep expecting him to bang goals in. He scored one header! He loves running onto a through ball and blasting it. He hardly gets those now.

AN? He was crap under AN and other than his first few games (where he was running at players and creating opportunities) he managed to score something like 3 goals all season.

It was FM that got something out of him. Not sure what but he did. There is clearer talent there as you don’t score 20+ goals luckily, but I think he’s been overrated by our fanbase.
Well it's clear that Riis plays off the shoulder of the last defender so to speak which is probably why FM got so much out of him but for me it's clear as day that the service to him under RL just doesn't suit him.
The 20 goal a season striker comments from Lowe, I just don't know what road he's going down with that one??
We've got one who's capable of that Ryan. A striker with pace, strength, can run at defenders an a lethal finish.
Use as directed!

Players body language around Lowe says a lot. Probably as confused as all of us with his post match comments and flip flopping