PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Sack him now (contd).

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’ll go, and another manager will come in and get hit with the same garbage from the higher ups Neil has

Which will hopefully be enough to show some of our fans the manager isn’t solely to blame
No one believes that the manager is solely to blame. Some of us have watched 60+ years of owners failing to support managers but Neil had gone beyond any hope of improvement. He actually said that he didn't have a scooby..... What the fuck!!

He’ll go, and another manager will come in and get hit with the same garbage from the higher ups Neil has

Which will hopefully be enough to show some of our fans the manager isn’t solely to blame

Totally agree AN not entirely to blame.
Budget, acquisition and other matters were outside his remit.
TH and PR both are culpable.
My issue with AN is that I feel he has for an extended period been found lacking with regards tactics, formations and desire.
His post match interview yesterday, after another turgid team display, sealed his fate.
You cannot be a manager of a professional (or any other) team for going on 4 years and not know your players sufficiently to be able to name your best team. Or define tactics.
Thanks for your early attitude AN, confidence and drive, which lately have been sadly lacking in both yourself and, by reflection, your players.
Good luck in your future but we remain as always, to get behind a new leader and our team, who I wish we could support in these crucial remaining matches.

Interesting they call McAvoy interim head coach rather than manager, perhaps this is a change in how the club operates?

He knew that when he took the job?

If he didn't, more fool him.

When was the last time we broke our transfer record?

Yes he knew he was working with certain constraints.

However that was before we sold hugil, Robinson and Cunningham for a combined 20 million and allowed contracts to run out without having a plan of sell and replace.

Alex has left the club - right decision. But there are still fans excusing the ones really at blame. I don’t know why - but this is a mess caused by the owner and his sidekick.

Status
Not open for further replies.