Sack him now

llanroc

Forum Patron
Patron
Some strong posting and level headed debate going on today, it's a fucking miracle 🤣

But in all seriousness, so much of this situation lies at the door of the mouthpiece and the owner, that frankly, replacing Neil alone will not change anything.
We have to be careful what is posted on here for legal reasons not only as an individual but for the forum. I have said my piece for today on the matter and will now sit back and enjoy others comments.👍

Walton

Advisor to the Owner
Not arguing one way or the other about Fisher but he did get hooked a few times also.

Sacking the manager is a gambol either way, if he is given another five games we could be in the bottom three by then and then a new guy would have less of a chance to “save”us.

I suppose swapping now could move us up or down, I know that I am glad I don’t have to make that decision.

Although thinking about it, if I was in a position to make the decision I would be almost as rich as Lord Edgington!

Aqueous

Manager
Time for him to go in my opinion but I don't think he will be shown the door unless we are on the brink of relegation. Whether that changes in the summer, who knows. I agree with a lot of the previous posts about there needing to be more of a clear identity/plan to where the club is going. As was said, that doesn't mean spending big, it just means having an actual philosophy for the club (playing style, trying to bring younger players through, etc) so that there is something for the fans to hang on to.

I truly believe that if there had been fans in the stadium this season, AN would be a lot closer to being sacked or perhaps would already have gone. He doesn't strike me as the type to take fan criticism (and potential booing or aggro from the stands) very well.

Time for him to go in my opinion but I don't think he will be shown the door unless we are on the brink of relegation. Whether that changes in the summer, who knows. I agree with a lot of the previous posts about there needing to be more of a clear identity/plan to where the club is going. As was said, that doesn't mean spending big, it just means having an actual philosophy for the club (playing style, trying to bring younger players through, etc) so that there is something for the fans to hang on to.

I truly believe that if there had been fans in the stadium this season, AN would be a lot closer to being sacked or perhaps would already have gone. He doesn't strike me as the type to take fan criticism (and potential booing or aggro from the stands) very well.
Absolutely, with fans booing the current games, Neil would either be gone, or would be very close to it!
In an ideal world we will have a new manager before the end of the season, but at a minimum by start of the new season.
Then, and I might be alone on this opinion, once we are back in the ground we need to start a “get out of our club” chant for Ridsdale, he’s proven to be incompetent, he’s clearly out of his deth, treading water and isn’t good at running a club! Just ask his previous clubs.

We need a new chairman with a vision that he can sell to hemmings (keep things cheap) but also that satisfies us the fans. I don’t think we are even being that demanding with what we want, a clear philosophy regarding playing style and for that to flow through the entire club, right through the youth teams.

As an example, look at the England national team, they decided on a philosophy and standardised that’s across all ages, we’re already seeing the benefits of that with the quality of youth players reaching the national team. (I appreciate this is a weird comparison to a national team, but the sentiment for a identity and consistency remains)

WADSH

First Team
As are the fans.

He’s moaning about losing his first choice RB yet he’d dropped him a number of times before.

He’s had Rudd replaced with Iverson who’s looking better than him though it’s early days still.

Neil himself made it sound like losing Pearson was no biggy either saying he’d hardly featured recently anyway.

Bauer was nowhere near the form he’d shown after first signing

Add all of this to bringing in Molumby, Gordon, Whiteman, Iverson and Cunningham, Riis last season as well, all decent players yet he still has us setup the same way, creating nothing, scoring little and losing lots of games.

His system isn’t working nor has it worked for a long, long time.

Does he change it, no.
I've adapted, through omission, some of your points, not for any obtuse reason but which illustrate the problem with AN better in my view. Riis actually is a late signing this present season, is a good player, and yet he hasn't been anything like an automatic choice since signing. I'm sure also that there'd be general agreement that Huntington, despite his age, is more than a capable Championship CH, and Storey has not been disastrous, certainly recently, although improvement could maybe be expected from him in general. The players you mention all range in ability and expertise, from very capable through to more than competent at the level PNE aspire to. So, adding in (agreed by many, AN included) the expertise of Browne, Johnson, and Ledson, that is not a bad group of players that any any perceptive manager (and his coaching team) could surely, as the pundits often say, "get a respectable tune out of"?

pne1881

Advisor to the Owner
When you’re paid 20k plus a week you need to just get on with the job, the constant moaning is completely unprofessional.

He signed his contract extension knowing how the club operated and I’ve no sympathy with him. If he didn’t like it he shouldn’t have signed, but he did knowing full well he’ll pocket 1 million plus if he’s sacked.

100% ^^^this^^^

He knew the score before, he knows the score now, if he doesn't like it he should walk.

Mortis

Forum Patron
Patron
When you’re paid 20k plus a week you need to just get on with the job, the constant moaning is completely unprofessional.

He signed his contract extension knowing how the club operated and I’ve no sympathy with him. If he didn’t like it he shouldn’t have signed, but he did knowing full well he’ll pocket 1 million plus if he’s sacked.
Well said

Mortis

Forum Patron
Patron
No way back for me with AN , need a change and hoping it comes sooner rather than later for all parties involved I think we need a change of Manager ... the last sixteen months at home have results wise been rubbish and performance even worse .... quite sad when I cannot be excited for the game v QPR knowing how we will set up ... and we all know QPR score first we will lose / draw over 80 per cent of the time .... negative ? nope just realistic , would love to see us have a go at QPR from the start with a high tempo but we won’t .... time for AN to go

baysidepne

Living the dream
Patron
Why did the manager leave him on the bench for 8 of them when fully fit
Just finished work (well I've not but that's another story) so can catch up on these.

Back end of last season I guess you mean pbc? Wasn't Darnell not fully fit from what I remember and that part of the reason he didn't play? Think he came on against Luton, started the next game and came off but then didn't play again for a couple of weeks and I'm sure it was a fitness related issue.

If I'm wrong then I hold my hands up on that by the way.

All about opinions pal👍🏻

Respect yours but for me, the thought of him having another 7 games is a scary one.

I just don’t see him turning our form around given his stubborn attitude.
Absolutely! Yeah it's one of them really, if they do sack him (which I think is inevitable) then I just hope that the form does improve. I'm just not sure it's as black and white as "sack him and we'll 100% improve"

Just Devil's advocate on this Bayside;.....
Good post.

I think something I've touched on a lot on the pod and the manager has mentioned it today is relationships especially in the defence.

I looked at Iversens back 4/5 since he's been here and he's had 6 different defences in front of him in his 8 games. I mean, for a keeper of his ability (because he's a big improvement on Dec and that's no disrespect intended) he's doing well but imagine if we let a back 4/5 gel properly together and I think those Lindsay mistakes for the 3rd and 4th goal don't happen if it was later in the season and they've developed a better understanding.

At the minute we're leaking goals (=3rd worst in the league) and trying to find the right formula but it's just not happening at either end of the pitch at the minute and that's a massive concern.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
That's not how Pilchard described it. And, with due respect, I'd take his view over yours 100% of the time.
Well considering the manager has complained about him being sold in almost every press conference since I find it very unlikely it was the manager's decision

diggerb

Forum Patron
Patron
The only way out of the compensation payment (£1m) problem is to put AN on gardening leave and put Tommo in charge with Gallagher as assistant {on current pay) until end of season. Problem solved.
While neither of them has the relevant experience, i would take that tomorrow because i can see absolutely no prospect of Neil getting us out of this downward spiral, he does not even think we have a problem !!

KeithLard

Advisor to the Owner

By and large, I can't really disagree too much with that he's said here.

Sacking the manager doesn't absolve the club of the problems it faces. Merely moves the problem
Incredibly salty interview. He had his excuses in before the first question was asked.

I was on the fence after Blackburn, but after the last two games I'm 100% of the opinion that we need fresh ideas from a new manager.

There are so many holes in his logic that it makes any decent points he manages to make untenable.

SuffolknWhat

Advisor to the Owner
Whilst being let down from above re players so there's so.e mitigating circumstances:
It's the same old story, everyone fault but his.

HE picks the team from whats available
HE orders the tactics
HE is responsible for MOTIVATING players, not reducing them to shadows of their former selves.
HE IS TO BLAME
Plus IF he's agreed to go at the end of the season, nothing is likely to improve under him.
HE HAS TO GO AND THE SOONER THE BETTER FOR ALL CONCERNED.

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
Whilst being let down from above re players so there's so.e mitigating circumstances:
It's the same old story, everyone fault but his.

HE picks the team from whats available
HE orders the tactics
HE is responsible for MOTIVATING players, not reducing them to shadows of their former selves.
HE IS TO BLAME
Plus IF he's agreed to go at the end of the season, nothing is likely to improve under him.
HE HAS TO GO AND THE SOONER THE BETTER FOR ALL CONCERNED.
Amazing passion Suffolk, as always.
Know I'm in a minority, there's a good manager in there, battered and bruised, as we all are, by the circumstances. But I get it, and he probs should go, but it'll solve nowt if it isn't matched with a new clear direction.