PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Sack him now

Status
Not open for further replies.
AN: “I think the onus falls on the guys who have been here a while to stand up and play as well as they can. They understand the club and how we play as well as anyone.”

Because we only have one way of playing and that way shall change for no-one or in any circumstances.

The game plan is simple
IF THEY DON'T SCORE WE CAN'T LOSE
Sadly the opposition have a different plan.
What you have put in bold very seldom happens of course.
More importantly we need to find a way of scoring particularly at home.
Hopefully the players will adopt a siege mentality and show they are better than the play they have been producing in most recent games.
If they are unable to do that it's going to be a difficult final 15 games of the season.

AN: “I think the onus falls on the guys who have been here a while to stand up and play as well as they can. They understand the club and how we play as well as anyone.”

Because we only have one way of playing and that way shall change for no-one or in any circumstances.
Yeah I think that's a fair point!

Believe that if you wish, but I think it’s like someone else said earlier today, that PR has been throwing his weight about more than usual.

That’s as maybe but I don’t believe he does anything unless TH says so particularly in terms of decision making.

It can’t possibly be true, unless there’s some gardening leave involved. Otherwise it would be complete suicide. As others have said, if it’s true, there’s no way he’d be able to motivate the players and relegation or a close call would result.
All of the above makes perfect sense but remember, this is PNE.

Until the manager inevitably leaves the club, this narrative he is pushing is not going to be going away.

He is clearly completely pissed off.
When you’re paid 20k plus a week you need to just get on with the job, the constant moaning is completely unprofessional.

He signed his contract extension knowing how the club operated and I’ve no sympathy with him. If he didn’t like it he shouldn’t have signed, but he did knowing full well he’ll pocket 1 million plus if he’s sacked.

Who is they? The players that have left?

Points per game wise, we were better with them over the past two seasons than without. Our drop off without Darnell in the team last year for example was alarming, picked up on average an extra point for every 4 games he played. If he'd played the full 46 at the PPG he got, we'd have been 11 points better off in theory (it could have evened itself out and been 0 points better off, but we'll never know!)

And whilst Alan Browne has potential at full back, he's "doing a job" there as the manager had his best right back sold from under his nose and not replaced.

Until the manager inevitably leaves the club, this narrative he is pushing is not going to be going away.

He is clearly completely pissed off.

Why did the manager leave him on the bench for 8 of them when fully fit

He dropped him for two games (Birmingham A & Reading H), other than that if he was available he played.

I'm as pissed off as anyone at our form, but I am totally unconvinced that sacking the manager alleviates us of all the problems we have and doesn't guarantee an instant bounce in form.

I think he's got until the international break to salvage the situation or he'll be shown the door. Seven games, we're back to back for the next four games so even if we parted ways a "new man" would get no time to implement a new idea or way of playing - would probably merely take the shackles off if they're even on to start with.
All about opinions pal👍🏻

Respect yours but for me, the thought of him having another 7 games is a scary one.

I just don’t see him turning our form around given his stubborn attitude.

I'm 99% certain Fisher leaving is down to Ridsdale.

In the summer we heard rumours that two players had both told him to fuck off; Nugent, who let's be honest had been poor in his first season, was put on gardening leave and Fisher was sold at the first opportunity.

Had we an anywhere near competent right back at the club for cover I honestly believe we would have seen the same done to Fisher as happened with Nugent.

Ridsdale is playing his own version of Football Manager at the moment. What's the betting the 3 mentioned by @llanroc are all because of Ridsdale too.

I'm 99% certain Fisher leaving is down to Ridsdale.

In the summer we heard rumours that two players had both told him to fuck off; Nugent, who let's be honest had been poor in his first season, was put on gardening leave and Fisher was sold at the first opportunity.

Had we an anywhere near competent right back at the club for cover I honestly believe we would have seen the same done to Fisher as happened with Nugent.

Ridsdale is playing his own version of Football Manager at the moment. What's the betting the 3 mentioned by @llanroc are all because of Ridsdale too.

I'll raise you 1% there.

He dropped him for two games (Birmingham A & Reading H), other than that if he was available he played.

I'm as pissed off as anyone at our form, but I am totally unconvinced that sacking the manager alleviates us of all the problems we have and doesn't guarantee an instant bounce in form.

I think he's got until the international break to salvage the situation or he'll be shown the door. Seven games, we're back to back for the next four games so even if we parted ways a "new man" would get no time to implement a new idea or way of playing - would probably merely take the shackles off if they're even on to start with.
Absolute nonsense Neil dropped him for 6 of the last 7 games at the end of last season and the one he did play in was when someone got injured in the pre match warm up. He was an unused sub in all of them. Why would the powers that be offer a player a new contract in the summer when the manager benched him and played Rafferty ahead of him in effectively the last 7 games. Pretty sure he was on the bench for a couple early this season as well. Neil didn't particularly rate him and certainly didn't trust him towards the end, thinking he could turn Browne into a better right back than Fisher. Now it hasn't panned out, he wants to pretend he wanted him to stay and blame those above.

Some strong posting and level headed debate going on today, it's a fucking miracle 🤣

But in all seriousness, so much of this situation lies at the door of the mouthpiece and the owner, that frankly, replacing Neil alone will not change anything.

What we need is a new and clear philosophy ala Brentford, doesn't have to be financially the same but give us a identity again.

A style of playing, a philosophy on recruitment, breeding in youth players, a manager or coach who isn't fixated that he is right who will give players a fair chance.

Most of all we need to plough some positively around the club and fans.

This summer is huge and we need to get it right, if Alex things its difficult now it will be even more so then.

Both on and off the pitch we have become stale albeit at a new training ground. We need something to give us hope that we're not going to have to put up with this negative dour excuse making mindset we have at the moment.

I miss the social aspect of North End, I miss the chance to forget about my week and back the club I love. I want to go back to watching us with a sense of excitement and the thought of another season of this doesn't do that.

Sadly non of that involves Alex Neil and we part ways.

Id sack him now but understand why they are hesitant and may want to wait till the summer but personally I think we need to risk even a caretaker until then to get a different feel about the place.

By and large, I can't really disagree too much with that he's said here.

Sacking the manager doesn't absolve the club of the problems it faces. Merely moves the problem

Just Devil's advocate on this Bayside;

- our first choice GK has been replaced by a future Prem player (already of great quality);

-our holding midfielder has been replaced by two players, one with solid Championship experience and the other who's been playing at that level (according to his stats);

- the right back situation has made (no pun intended) a rod for our back, but AN himself didn't use Fisher more than 50% of the time (not to mention the belief that Browne, a solid MF, is apparently now a RB)

The only thing I agree with is losing our two CBs and replacing them with unknown quality. Hunts filled in admirably though, and he's got two options to pick from with Lindsay and SVDB (who's clearly not going to get any game time).

Frankly, he's run out of road, and should be replaced for the good of everyone (himself included).

To be fair we do need to be patient given the goings on in January. However, the players need to be professional too and they looked the most unprofessional bunch of players I have seen in a very long time. Patience only works when there is hope and they were bloody hopeless last Saturday.
You can have a class full of A* pupils but without good guidance all you have is a bunch of individuals following their own path

Status
Not open for further replies.