PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Sack him now

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you don't think that the better ones won't want to wait a few weeks to see what the best offers are?
The better ones will enter talks with interested clubs a month before their contracts expire, then there's the summer break before preseason too where negotiations can continue. Sure there may be some players who want to take some time, but there isn't much stopping any club having ooc targets sewn up before they come back for training.

The better ones will enter talks with interested clubs a month before their contracts expire, then there's the summer break before preseason too where negotiations can continue. Sure there may be some players who want to take some time, but there isn't much stopping any club having ooc targets sewn up before they come back for training.

There are probably more players out of contract this summer than ever before and with the financial situation at many clubs I suspect players will want to get clubs sorted sooner rather than later this summer.

I suspect most will even have clubs lined up way before their contracts even expire.

And ability?

Lampard is an awful manager

Not sure that’s entirely fair. Chelsea played some good stuff this year and last. He was just unlucky in the fact that he spent big and Werner and Havertz didn’t start well.

Definitely isn’t an awful manager.

Not sure that’s entirely fair. Chelsea played some good stuff this year and last. He was just unlucky in the fact that he spent big and Werner and Havertz didn’t start well.

Yeah he clearly isn't an awful coach. Did okay at Derby and did a decent job at Chelsea last season but it just proved to be too soon for him to manage a massive club like that. You have to be elite tactically to manage a top 6 team and be successful, and you have to be an excellent man manager at Chelsea with all the big signings and experienced players in the dressing room. He was too inexperienced.

Got away with it last year at Chelsea due to the lack of expectations with no transfer window, and were shown up as having a soft centre and no real plan b when things weren’t working out, and at Derby they only scraped the play offs despite having a team of some of the most promising young players around and some experienced quality like Cole and Lawrence

Maybe awful is harsh, inexperienced and naive is probably a better way of putting it, but definitely not someone I’d fancy at north end

For all of these people crying for change - and they really are crying - who would you get in?

Be realistic.

Here are a few of the usual recent names touted on here.

Cook gone to Ipswich Town.
Pearson gone to Bristol City.
Appleton signed a new 4 year deal.

Be careful what and whom you wish for.

Cowleys will be the favourites. See my line above.

Not a chance that Hemmings pays AN off to the tune of £1m and then poaches a manager under contract.

It will be the Cowleys, I can feel it. Cheap, available and have (fleeting) Championship experience.

You "Alex Neil Outers" have been warned.

It won't be the Cowleys.

No, I don't know who it will be, but definitely not them.

They did a temporary job for a half season. Whiteman is the only long term signing. This summer is enormous because long term signings need making when the sticking plaster falls off.
Evans, Cunningham and VDB all likely to be here next season if we want them. Decent chance Iversen available on loan too. Molumby possibly available on a permanent. Be lucky if we can keep Gordon.

Evans, Cunningham and VDB all likely to be here next season if we want them. Decent chance Iversen available on loan too. Molumby possibly available on a permanent. Be lucky if we can keep Gordon.
Molumby may be available but I'm not sure he's a player we should be signing - based on what I've seen of him so far.

None really, which is why it probably won't last when it matters.

Swansea had the extra quality we lacked.

It’s lasted 12 months, at this stage last season we went on a good run of form, the sort of run that would see us into the playoffs no problem, did the same the year before too, it’s a brave man who bets against these fearless lads, we’ve got the youngest squad in the league, but they’ve got plenty of experience of getting over the line and achieving their goals. They’ve got a better head coach this time too.

Sorry but I really don't think Karl Robinson is the answer. Unless the question is 'what's the quickest route back to league one?'
Just a less successful Darren Ferguson. Hopefully our recruitment will be more robust than 'he once said something nice about us in a studio.'

It’s lasted 12 months, at this stage last season we went on a good run of form, the sort of run that would see us into the playoffs no problem, did the same the year before too, it’s a brave man who bets against these fearless lads, we’ve got the youngest squad in the league, but they’ve got plenty of experience of getting over the line and achieving their goals. They’ve got a better head coach this time too.
You should have gone down last season and as it stands being 6th in March means fuck all, as we can attest.

Status
Not open for further replies.