PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Scotland, Wales, England Decides - May 2021

Wales so far declared 3 seat and 2 have been gains 1 has been a gain for the Conservatives [EDITED - Montgomery was not a gain sorry. They increased their vote to 48% and that big stride forward was sticking in my brain].
But the general noise is that despite losing in the Vale of Clwyd (Wrexham), the overall picture for Labour might be pretty good. General feeling that Plaid and Conservatives might have falle short of what was expected.

Last edited:
Wales so far declared 3 seat and 2 have been gains for the Conservatives. But the general noise is that despite losing in the Vale of Clwyd (Wrexham), the overall picture for Labour might be pretty good. General feeling that Plaid and Conservatives might have falle short of what was expected.
Leanne Wood is apparently losing her seat to Labour.

I really thought after the money for mates and decorating and such things the country would have given the Tories a spanking... Don't get this at all. Maybe low turnout?

The everyday man on the street who doesn't watch the news through a microscope and scroll through twitter feeds of the BBC, Sky, etc - simply doesn't care about stuff like that as it doesn't resonate personally.

I didn't vote this time. Absolutely no one worth voting for.

You see - the tangible bits to everyday voters are on the left.

Vaccine rollout success now dwarfs the microscopic debate about whether the COVID deaths were avoidable/too high/didn't lockdown early enough etc - as it is in the past.

Brexit, whatever anybody tries to tell you, is sorted in terms of any negative effect on daily life. Price increases are marginal if any and life has carried on. And the EU fucked themselves over with their antics around the vaccines.

The stuff on the right here, a lot of that is general conjecture and opinion. Some of it is true but simply doesn't matter to everyday voters. That is the sad truth I'm afraid. Not everybody watches the news and reads the papers and takes in all sides of a debate.

The everyday man on the street who doesn't watch the news through a microscope and scroll through twitter feeds of the BBC, Sky, etc - simply doesn't care about stuff like that as it doesn't resonate personally.

I didn't vote this time. Absolutely no one worth voting for.
This was the exact stance my Dad took and one I almost took myself. It's not like him to 'not vote' but I think he's disillusioned with most politicians and councillors at national and local level.

We used to have some decent Labour councillors in our area who have since stepped down/retired, now it's just ones who show up at election time and you never hear from them again until the next election.