PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Scumbags Rock Up Again

And still people will defend them.

I'm not sure labelling them as scumbags helps the argument tbh. I do agree however that this kind of behaviour is disgraceful. Nearly 20 years ago, a company I ran had travellers annexe our car park (around 20 caravans and other assorted vehicles). It took 48 hours to get rid of them, created massive inconvenience and forced me to spend money on lockable barriers and upgraded fencing: I was less than amused. One of the very few times in my working life that I completely lost my shit ;-)

I'm not sure labelling them as scumbags helps the argument tbh. I do agree however that this kind of behaviour is disgraceful. Nearly 20 years ago, a company I ran had travellers annexe our car park (around 20 caravans and other assorted vehicles). It took 48 hours to get rid of them, created massive inconvenience and forced me to spend money on lockable barriers and upgraded fencing: I was less than amused. One of the very few times in my working life that I completely lost my shit ;-)
Tut Tut you will have Phil on here in a minute saying he only sees people .

Booths made the right decision to shut up shop.

A few years back when that lot moved into Longsands area they ransacked the Tesco Express next to the Anderton Arms then moved on to Asda. The trade Booths will be losing due to being shut is nothing compared to the stock loss they'd suffer if they had tried to continue trading.

Hope they're don't suffer any damage or break-in attempts.

Having had a similar experience to you when a small tribe of these creatures pitched up on the car park of a company that I was working for, I'm fine with labeling them.
I've also had to endure them when they turned up in Leyland on the old BTR clubhouse land. They left God knows how much waste human and other, about a tonne of rubble and ruined the cricket and football pitches.
The police just move them on to cause misery for another community when what they should be doing is pressing charges.

I wonder how many have ever looked up the history of why these people are here, it makes interesting reading and has many paralells with what we see happening today.

It certainly goes back centuries.

I wonder how many have ever looked up the history of why these people are here, it makes interesting reading and has many paralells with what we see happening today.

It certainly goes back centuries.

Can you send me a link please Phil? If it justifies why in the 21st century I had to arrive at work to find used toilet paper blowing around the car park I'll hold my hand up and say they aren't scumbags.

They cause nothing but trouble - needs to not just be made illegal (if not already) but serious punishments for those who try it, and proper force used to get them off if they refuse.
All vehicles, caravans and their contents seized and auctioned off to pay the legal fees, security fees, damage and compensation to the land owner / business owners affected.

Can you send me a link please Phil? If it justifies why in the 21st century I had to arrive at work to find used toilet paper blowing around the car park I'll hold my hand up and say they aren't scumbags.
I am sure anyone associated with Thwaites brewery will be interested to find out why as well....

I am sure anyone associated with Thwaites brewery will be interested to find out why as well....
Pretty much the same reasons that in latter years we invited the windrush generation here, and of course in our present times we invited EU residents here.

Pretty much the same reasons that in latter years we invited the windrush generation here, and of course in our present times we invited EU residents here.
Well that makes it ok then.