PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Scumbags Rock Up Again

Fuzz visited at the start of the week, lifted two for theft and retrieved 5 stolen caravans. Also been a few incidents of their dogs attacking local dogs and owners who have intervened and of course the park's football pitches are a mess and will cost PCC money to repair.
Waverley Park was my home footy pitch as a schoolboy footballer many moons ago, have a lot of affection for the place because of that, but the last time I went (to watch another boys football match a couple of years ago) it was absolutely covered in dog shit - there must have been six turds every square metre) and condoms. Disgusting place even before the travellers moved in.
Was reading an interview with the creators of Viz comic recently, who said the only time they got in any bother was when they created the characters 'The thieving gypsy bastards'.

Fuzz visited at the start of the week, lifted two for theft and retrieved 5 stolen caravans. Also been a few incidents of their dogs attacking local dogs and owners who have intervened and of course the park's football pitches are a mess and will cost PCC money to repair.
They really are a bunch of ignorant tax dodgers……

Does it mean that in the future parks will have to be fitted with perimeter security measures to stop this sort of thing happening?

What a coincidence 100 caravans all arrived at the same time.

Maybe in future councils should allow this to happen but put up notices saying it’s £100 per night per caravan paid in advance, anyone not doing so will be towed off and have to pay towing charges.

There is a barrier on Haslam Park but it did not stop them getting on there a few weeks ago. About 20 caravans arrived over night and they used bolt cutters to cut through the lock on the barrier. They pitched up next to the children's play area and there were many reports of driving their cars along the foot paths at speed and across the grass cutting it up badly in places. There were also reports of dog walkers being intimidated and antisocial behaviour.

After a few days the police attended to recover stolen caravans and vehicles. Following that incident they moved on but for a few days they made the park a difficult place for people to enjoy themselves.

There is a barrier on Haslam Park but it did not stop them getting on there a few weeks ago. About 20 caravans arrived over night and they used bolt cutters to cut through the lock on the barrier. They pitched up next to the children's play area and there were many reports of driving their cars along the foot paths at speed and across the grass cutting it up badly in places. There were also reports of dog walkers being intimidated and antisocial behaviour.

After a few days the police attended to recover stolen caravans and vehicles. Following that incident they moved on but for a few days they made the park a difficult place for people to enjoy themselves.
It seems that this particular group have a penchant for stealing caravans.

Yet for others we have this?

Hundreds jailed for unpaid council tax​

England remains the only part of the UK where individuals can be sent to prison for not paying local tax bills.

Im sorry but im a believer that, "You do the crime, you do the time."

Its completely baffling that this particular group of travellers seem to be intent on a very specific crime yet the only sanction they seem to suffer is confiscation of the goods theyve stolen, they then move on to another area and the cycle starts again.

I dont believe that their lifestyle, travelling, should be taken away but I do believe that the groups that participate in criminal activity, just as in non travelling life, should face criminal courts and sanctions.

They are a total embarrasment to the vast majority of travellers who do abide by the laws of this country.

It seems that this particular group have a penchant for stealing caravans.

Yet for others we have this?

Hundreds jailed for unpaid council tax​

England remains the only part of the UK where individuals can be sent to prison for not paying local tax bills.

Im sorry but im a believer that, "You do the crime, you do the time."

Its completely baffling that this particular group of travellers seem to be intent on a very specific crime yet the only sanction they seem to suffer is confiscation of the goods theyve stolen, they then move on to another area and the cycle starts again.

I dont believe that their lifestyle, travelling, should be taken away but I do believe that the
groups that participate in criminal activity, just as in non travelling life, should face criminal courts and sanctions.

They are a total embarrasment to the vast majority of travellers who do abide by the laws of this country.
What the ??? ...did I just read what I thought I read. My head swivelled round twice with disbelief. It's a ten from Len and a ten from me !

Waverley Park was my home footy pitch as a schoolboy footballer many moons ago, have a lot of affection for the place because of that, but the last time I went (to watch another boys football match a couple of years ago) it was absolutely covered in dog shit - there must have been six turds every square metre) and condoms. Disgusting place even before the travellers moved in.
Was reading an interview with the creators of Viz comic recently, who said the only time they got in any bother was when they created the characters 'The thieving gypsy bastards'.
It’s a wonder they haven’t been done for biffa bacon, if that isn’t stereotyping geordies I don’t know what is.🤣