Season Card 20/21 Details (Confirmed) - Latest Club Update Refund Options 24/09(Page 99)

Are you buying a Season Ticket?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deepdale roar

Forum Patron
Patron
Having slept on it I will not renew for the first time in 30 plus years under that dreadful offer. They are not even trying to sell it. It feels like pay up or piss off. You should be grateful you bastards.

Be interested to get a Trading Standards or a legal view on the no refund policy.

Appalling lack of care and consideration in what is has and continues to be a very difficult period for everyone.

PNE and football in general was part of my release mechanism in life to break from some of the difficulties of work and life. The current normal in football does not achieve that so there is no incentive right now.

It would have been helpful if the club had acknowledged that but they have decided to stick two ✌ fingers up at their supporters.

It actually makes me very sad 😔 I guess I am just a pathetic bastard who needs to grow a pair 😬

pnewortham

Advisor to the Owner
It's hard to say anything that hasn't already been said in the last few hours, but jesus.... they haven't even pretended to throw in a sweetener.

Marketing 101.

Chuck in a £25 voucher for the shop, offer a discount against neat year, a thin promise of iFollow for when Preston goes deeper into lockdown (acknowledge the prevailing conditions for god's sake, this is a Preston club for Preston people). A free bloody curly wurly.

But to offer absolutely nothing, and not even pretend to, is just stunning of the highest order.

pne1881

Advisor to the Owner
It isn't just the poor season ticket plans though is it..

The lack of ambition has been amplified these past few years selling key players for decent money (for PNE) and not replacing them.

Our transfer windows seem to be getting worse, many players unwilling to commit their futures here.

Feels like the start of a downward spiral to me. A shame too as if we had backed Neil, even slightly, he could have been the man to give it a real go.

Wanting to keep the faith but something needs to happen to get the supporters back on board

I think most folk (but certainly not all) accept the lack of ambition, selling key players etc etc as it's been that way for years. That doesn't make it right of course but that's the way it is.

The ST stuff however is a whole new ball game. It just shows blatant disregard for the fans & is taking them for mugs IMHO.

FredElseFlyer

Forum Patron
Patron
They will be fully aware of how people feel. Although not as serious the club changed their stance on last years away kit, signing Healy and that orange advertisement at deepdale so they do see what’s said online.

But boycotts are for Lashers and Plastics, I bet loads of you criticised their fans for that stance. It’s shit being a PNE fan at the moment but rise above it and keep the faith.
How many more times do you need telling. It is not a boycott. People have decided that the offer is not only not suitable but is rather insulting and so are not taking up the offer. Your childish nonsense about boycotts impresses nobody and will certainly not change anyone's mind. 🙄

From91

Forum Patron
Patron
Tell you what, you confuse boycotting with not buying. No one has suggested we boycott the club but you. People are simply saying they are not spending hundreds of pounds on those terms and conditions, it’s not hard to grasp. Stop the boycotting tripe it’s not working, unless of course YOU want to guarantee refunds.
Of course I’m not going to guarantee refunds that’s ridiculous, and nowhere have I suggested I agree with that stance, I’m taking the same risk losing out also. But if performance on the pitch was better and we showed more intent in the transfer market people wouldn’t be complaining. So it’s not really about season tickets it’s about us being a bang average championship team.

jonboy

First Team
I am certain you had to hold it continuously. But as we aren’t going to get promoted it’s an irrelevance
My thoughts are the obvious benefit of the Premiership Scheme was if we get into the top flight you get last season's ST price deducted from your 1st premiership ST. If you don't renew this season, then you've already got that money "in the bank"?

From91

Forum Patron
Patron
How many more times do you need telling. It is not a boycott. People have decided that the offer is not only not suitable but is rather insulting and so are not taking up the offer. Your childish nonsense about boycotts impresses nobody and will certainly not change anyone's mind. 🙄
Again a previous poster insinuated anyone buying a ticket is part of the problem.

BPIG - GBNF

Forum Patron
Patron
It isn't just the poor season ticket plans though is it..

The lack of ambition has been amplified these past few years selling key players for decent money (for PNE) and not replacing them.

Our transfer windows seem to be getting worse, many players unwilling to commit their futures here.

Feels like the start of a downward spiral to me. A shame too as if we had backed Neil, even slightly, he could have been the man to give it a real go.

Wanting to keep the faith but something needs to happen to get the supporters back on board
That other stuff really doesn’t bother me and wouldn’t stop me buying a season ticket. I can’t justify spending £475 for something that can’t be guaranteed.

If they offered a refund policy then I’d absolutely get one even if it meant sitting on my own because none of my family got a season ticket last year.

Atmosphere will be like a pre-season friendly/youth team game without away fans too, will probably be shite.

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Boycotts tend to be organised as a collective and thought out prior to becoming enabled and then becoming active.

This, however, is a spontaneous act based upon last nights shambles from the club where the fans have rightly individually vented their fury.

Difference.
Exactly this, Ive made my own decision but ive seen very few disparaging those who dont make the same decisions. In fact Ive helped another supporter, in a very small way, who didnt quite know how to go about finding whether they qualified as an ambassador or not.

pne1881

Advisor to the Owner
Of course I’m not going to guarantee refunds that’s ridiculous, and nowhere have I suggested I agree with that stance, I’m taking the same risk losing out also. But if performance on the pitch was better and we showed more intent in the transfer market people wouldn’t be complaining. So it’s not really about season tickets it’s about us being a bang average championship team.

Read the thread. It really is.

pne1881

Advisor to the Owner
That other stuff really doesn’t bother me and wouldn’t stop me buying a season ticket. I can’t justify spending £475 for something that can’t be guaranteed.

If they offered a refund policy then I’d absolutely get one even if it meant sitting on my own because none of my family got a season ticket last year.

Atmosphere will be like a pre-season friendly/youth team game without sway fans too, will probably be shite.

Exactly the same for me.

I go on my own anyway although have got to know & speak to the people sat around me. That wouldn't stop me going however.

Being plonked anywhere doesn't particularly appeal but in these difficult times you've got to have a wee bit of flexibility if you want to go & support the team.

There's flexibility & there's taking the p**s though.