PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Season Card 20/21 Details (Confirmed) - Latest Club Update Refund Options 24/09(Page 99)

Are you buying a Season Ticket?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's been inferred by some, that if you buy a season ticket and due to Covid Restrictions e.g. local lockdown or national approach to attending sports events, games have to be played behind close doors, then Season Ticket Holders would get free access to I-Follower for such home games. Have the club actually said that?

Yes you get access but it isn’t free it’s in place of attending in person.

The club also hasn't explained what happens with home games that are played behind closed doors but also shown on Sky Sports.

Maybe that "where possible..." is supposed to cover that?

Could be, yet on Huddersfield's site it says this:

"2020/21 Season Card holders will be allocated a code to watch all home league games on iFollow HTAFC, as well as the Club’s seven away league midweek games (excluding the Easter Monday game at Norwich). The code will work for all games, even those selected by broadcast for Sky Sports."

I’m so torn at the moment.

A suggestion I would make to the club if I could would be that if the rules change and fans can no longer attend, season ticket holders should then be given free access to all games on iFollow, home and away just like we were after the restart.

This would then soften the blow a bit more as you are getting access to more games and there is still an incentive to having one.

I will probably end up getting one and hating myself for it in all honesty. At least we know that we will never end up like the lashers, abusing our own fans for choosing to attend games.

Whilst not happy with things PNE at the moment, that would soften the blow.

Attend Deepdale with a ST whilst we can, ALL away games free to view on iFollow and in the event of a full lockdown, ALL home games then put onto iFollow.

For those whom don't have an online presence (oldies mainly), then a pro-rata discount on their next ST would seem fair in my eyes.

Time for the club to start re-building that bridge with less than 2 weeks to go to Swansea at home.

A massive week of positive fan friendly communications ahead.

Do the right thing PNE.

I’ve been going on Deepdale since I was born. Then pretty much every game since 1984. Season ticket every year since 1996. Been to most grounds in the country supporting the team.

Due to a bunch of millionaires using the furlough scheme for the lowest paid in the club, instead of moving budgets from the extremely wealthy. Then finding out that they were threatened with losing their free season ticket if they spoke about the situation.

Then add in the total disdain for long term supporters. Some who may not have any choice due to financial restraints or even illness brought on by this virus. Plus the bollocks spouted by Risdale yesterday on how tough the billionaire owner has it having to pay millionaire footballers with new contracts, signing on fees, bonuses. Plus the lack of signings. The sales of the past couple of seasons with little or no replacement. The constant feeling of under achievement in comparison to every club around us.

Then with a heavy heart I’m out.

I will never stop loving my club, but the current owner and advisors have lost the true identity of who we are, what a club is about in the community and what it means to the City of Preston. They chose to own the club, they weren’t forced to take control. I don’t demand success, I don’t even expect it, but when you lose sight of the real people from toddlers to pensioners, putting cash first, then you don’t deserve to be in control.

The current custodians are temporary, and there by choice, the supporters ARE the club.

For all the reasons above I and four others will not renew.

👏🏻

This is how it could be done. Monthly refunds if you want them, if grounds are closed the option to have money off your 2021/22 season ticket instead of a refund, access to 7 midweek ifollow away matches - and all said in a conciliatory and thankful manner. The lack of empathy in the statements our press team have put out is alarming and adds to my overall anger. They’ve also got little things like family fun days (not for everyone but a nice touch) and you’ll retain your seat whether or not you take a refund.

My interpretation of this is it reads like Swansea already have the money, so must have been sold in advance - if so, they’re not trying to entice people to buy, so in theory the tone of our communications should be even more ‘friendly’ than theirs.

I’m still not buying one. It’s on the grounds of no refunds or even any incentives that could mitigate your losses ie away games free on iFollow to st holders.

My view is the billionaire owner forced the fans to practically give him their shares at a huge loss to those shareholders. He had Derek Shaw telling us how we should all let TH have the shares. The cheeky sod now would like us all to gamble with our money again in case he needs to mitigate his losses! No, it isn’t happening for me that is using fans loyalty as his own personal insurance policy. It’s his business he knew what he was getting when he acquired it. We are regularly reminded how much the owner puts in, well sorry but you don’t get to be a billionaire by finding a business that swallows up your money instead of earning it and then consistently whine about it. The training ground debacle in itself has shown the owners utter contempt for the fans for the second time!

Forcing shareholders to sell = shame on him
Season ticket fiasco if I buy = shame on me

The thing is people won’t let him have a third shot and he would take the pee again in a heartbeat if money was involved he is ruthless.

thats not saying others should be the same it’s just how I personally see is all.

Last edited:
They answered a question on Twitter, they said it's free to season ticket holders if we go back behind closed doors but....in reality it wouldn't be because you have paid for you're season ticket.

As @Thracia pointed out earlier in the thread the wording in the T&C's is really ambiguous though.

Either way with a match pass being £10 you're still losing out.

I’m still not buying one. It’s on the grounds of no refunds or even any incentives that could mitigate your losses ie away games free on iFollow to st holders.

My view is the billionaire owner forced the fans to practically give him their shares at a huge loss to those shareholders. He had Derek Shaw telling us how we should all let TH have the shares. The cheeky sod now would like us all to gamble with our money again in case he needs to mitigate his losses! No, it isn’t happening for me that is using fans loyalty as his own personal insurance policy. It’s his business he knew what he was getting when he acquired it. We are regularly reminded how much the owner puts in, well sorry but you don’t get to be a billionaire by finding a business that swallows up your money instead of earning it and then consistently whine about it. The training ground debacle in itself has shown the owners utter contempt for the fans for the second time!

Forcing shareholders to sell = shame on him
Season ticket fiasco if I buy = shame on me

The thing is people won’t let him have a third shot and he would take the pee against again in a heartbeat if money was involved he is ruthless.

thats not saying others should be the same it’s just how I personally see is all.

Great post Joan, couldn't agree more.

I have renewed even when the product on offer was nearly the worst I've seen (Westley) so to my mind I've put up when the chips were really down.

This is the straw that broke the camels back though & I won't be renewing.

Even discounting everything else how on earth you can expect folk to part with hundreds or maybe thousands of pounds when there is a real possibility of maybe never getting into the ground this season with no refund is absolutely mind blowing.

I've gone on North End all my life, had a ST off & on for all that time & had the same seat in the AKTE since it opened.

I'm loathe to give it up but if PR, TH or anyone else thinks I'm paying £400 with no recourse if it goes pear shaped then they are sadly mistaken.

If the Club do read this forum, do the right thing & sort out this mess. You had a massive opportunity to get the fans to back the Club in these unprecedented times & you couldn't have got it more wrong if you tried.

I have a feeling the stewards will be instructed to stop people shouting, singing etc. Unfortunately I find it hard to keep my gob shut another reason I am reluctant to commit.

Also still think it's wrong that there is no consideration for this who are staying away in the current climate for health reasons.

I would happily pay a reasonable fee to retain my 30 years plus season ticket status.

Not hard to think of a deal such as a £50 retainer to include the first two games on IFollow for those nervous or unwilling to sign up in the current climate. Then maybe a commitment to buy a half season ticket after Christmas or lose your status. By then we should have a better idea of the way the outbreak is going in the UK.

One of the thing that grated on my nerves was the insistence that the no refunds policy has always been there. It’s a lie a refund policy was there but the current policy is completely different and new. Telling people they will have iFollow (well hopefully they will, but no guarantees there either) for free! How bloody stupid do they have us all down for? These things alone make me believe I’m being scammed by a greedy billionaire.

Do you know I have my senior moments but Trevor must have some serious moments if he thinks for a millisecond that people won’t know he is ripping them off.

Last edited:

The first ever fans peice in Lancs Live. Well done for being brave enough to publish it and @raefil for his emotive words.
Great words Phil and a very clever way of Lancs Live getting around the potential risks of publishing an editorial

Whilst not happy with things PNE at the moment, that would soften the blow.

Attend Deepdale with a ST whilst we can, ALL away games free to view on iFollow and in the event of a full lockdown, ALL home games then put onto iFollow.

For those whom don't have an online presence (oldies mainly), then a pro-rata discount on their next ST would seem fair in my eyes.

Time for the club to start re-building that bridge with less than 2 weeks to go to Swansea at home.

A massive week of positive fan friendly communications ahead.

Do the right thing PNE.

Sadly, I don't think that bridge is going to be built. Ridsdale could have made a start yesterday but, as is his won't, he chose instead to lecture us in his adversarial way. We're in the middle of a Bank Holiday weekend and tickets go on sale on Tuesday.

I can't see anything changing.

One of the biggest mistakes the club makes is that with the invention of the internet and the growth of marketing departments and their targeted campaigns we have been transformed from fans into customers and PNE as a company focus on sales and ignore customer retention and satisfaction.