Season Tickets 2020/21 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK

The Big Boss
Staff member
Patron

The club are aware that supporters are keen to know season ticket details for the upcoming season, and so we wanted to provide an update on the current situation.
While we look forward to welcoming supporters back to Deepdale as soon as possible, we are currently awaiting clarity from the government and the EFL with regards to when supporters will be able to return to stadiums and in what capacity.

As a club we feel it is important to know further details on this before going on sale with season tickets for the 2020/21 campaign as we do not want to sell something to our fans that we cannot deliver on.

biggsy

Forum Patron
Patron
As a club we feel it is important to know further details on this before going on sale with season tickets for the 2020/21 campaign as we do not want to sell something to our fans that we cannot deliver on.

L M A O.

northender0602

Forum Patron
Patron

L M A O.
They’ve been doing that for years !🤣

pne1881

Advisor to the Owner
The government & the EFL have literally no idea when supporters will be allowed to return.

The Club have never bothered about failing to deliver on something before so don't know why they'd start now.

If they do want to sell some sort of ST they need to start looking at alternative ways as mentioned on here & quick.

pne1881

Advisor to the Owner
Perhaps a deposit to guarantee your seat for when the ground does re-open again?
I think they need to do something cos if they're waiting for the EFL & particularly the government to make a decision & stick to it they're in for a long wait.

The deposit would guarantee your seat & then refunded when you purchase your ST? Online only ST for all year?

pne1881

Advisor to the Owner
I don't see what else they could do to be fair.
There's not much they can do in terms of that but there's still plenty of options for them to at least try & get some funds in.

As usual there just doesn't seem to be any thought behind it.

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
Perhaps a deposit to guarantee your seat for when the ground does re-open again?
I would definitely do this, if I was pne. Lots of people are in the habit of renewing and pne should be gently tying them down before it gets pushed to one side. Also need to capture some people whilst still in the pre-season over-optimistic mindset.
If we get a few ropey results, sales of best players and if the covid restrictions turn out to be not great, we’ll lose custom from people who would have otherwise have kept the ST habit going.

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
Why a deposit though?

Who's going to be able to buy a ticket for your existing seat without you getting the chance to do so first?
I wonder if people will actually be able to retain their seats next season? I can foresee the club asking households/bubble members to buy together and be allocated seats together - with current allocated seats being retained for 2021/22.

raefil

Shit Fan
Patron
Why a deposit though?

Who's going to be able to buy a ticket for your existing seat without you getting the chance to do so first?
Id suggest if the capacity is going to be very limited the ST holders get the first initial choice of their own seat, for a period. After that they would let them go on general sale to new ST holder purchasers.

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
Id suggest if the capacity is going to be very limited the ST holders get the first initial choice of their own seat, for a period. After that they would let them go on general sale to new ST holder purchasers.
I was assuming any special Covid-safe/socially-distanced ST would dispense with the idea of an allocated seat entirely - otherwise, the socially-distanced part might be very hard for staff/stewards to police.

I was assuming it'd just be a simple first-come/first-served thing, and you basically get the seat you're given, minimising any time spent milling around on the concourse, squeezing past other punters, etc.

Then I was assuming all the ST seat number allocations from 19/20 would be kept on file and would still apply the next time full stadium access was restored, hopefully 21/22.

But maybe they plan on doing something much more sophisticated than that. I guess we'll see.

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron

L M A O.
The difference is is that last June, nobody had even heard of Covid 19 as it didn't actually, in name at least, exist. It's a bit harsh and unfair to criticise the club here.

This June/July/August, the club is fully aware of its existence hence the line "we do not want to sell something to our fans that we cannot deliver on".

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
I wonder if people will actually be able to retain their seats next season? I can foresee the club asking households/bubble members to buy together and be allocated seats together - with current allocated seats being retained for 2021/22.
I attend the match and there are 12 of us with ST. All but two of us including myself have family with them (5 family groups of 2).

Are you suggesting that I give up my individual seat, away from my friends, for good?

Screw that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.