PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

See Paul Gallagher playing in a PNE shirt one more time

Spavin Stardust

Patron
https://www.pnefc.net/news/2021/jul...NoK7DgbJzOHOZREd15_Q0P2c4_Vre3mQGYrbR3z1lyrsA
Preston North End fans can watch Paul Gallagher back in action one more time, with the retired midfielder set to feature for a PNE Legends XI in a charity game.

He will be part of a team to take on the Bamber Bridge Vets on Sunday 1st August (1pm kick-off), as the two sides come together to raise money in aid of former Brig player George Melling and research into motor neurone disease.

Melling, a very popular figure in non-league football, was diagnosed in January 2021 at the age of 36. He played for the likes of Lancaster City and Clitheroe in the local area, and his former team-mates and friends have rallied together to fundraise for him and also MND

The team have also contributed to the creation of a kit for the Bamber Bridge side playing on the day, with the shirt consisting of strips of colour dedicated to the clubs George played for in his career.

Meanwhile, PNE will wear the current home kit featuring the club's principal partner PAR Group on the front of shirt.

Other players confirmed to be playing for the Lilywhites include Ross Wallace, Chris Lucketti and David Eyres.

Gates on the day will open from 12pm, with admissions being through donations on the gate, suggested at £5 per adult and free for children.

VIP tickets are also available for £35, with the package including:
- Access to the VIP Lounge and private bar
- Watch the game from the private balcony
- Complimentary 'free' bar*
- Half-time refreshments (hotpot, mushy peas & red cabbage)
- Nomination of man of the match
*Complimentary bar is open 30 minutes before kick-off to 30 mins after full-time. It includes beer, wine and soft drinks (spirits extra).

This sounds like it will be both a worthy and enjoyable event. I wonder if there will be any highlights. I notice one of the names is Chris Holland - wasn't he a young midfielder whose career somehow failed to take off with us - didn't he get some sort of injury? I never saw him play but I know there was a time when he was seen as one of the most exciting prospects we had seen in a long time. Also Warren Beattie - don't think I ever saw him play either but what a name.

This sounds like it will be both a worthy and enjoyable event. I wonder if there will be any highlights. I notice one of the names is Chris Holland - wasn't he a young midfielder whose career somehow failed to take off with us - didn't he get some sort of injury? I never saw him play but I know there was a time when he was seen as one of the most exciting prospects we had seen in a long time. Also Warren Beattie - don't think I ever saw him play either but what a name.
Chris Holland signed for Newcastle and sustained an eye injury in, I believe, a nightclub incident. His career never fully recovered although I think he spent some time at Birmingham City.

Edit: on checking, he did better than I thought after leaving Newcastle, playing 60 games for Birmingham and 120 for Huddersfield.

Excellent crowd on at Bamber Bridge around a 1000 , current score Bamber Bridge Select 1 PNE Legends 4 ( Wallace , Elliott 2 and Gallagher ) , hopefully a good sum raised for a superb cause , good to see ex players again 👍

Besides Gally, who played?

Preston North End FC
@pnefc
·
2h

Clipboard
Today’s North End legends line up… David Lucas Barry Nicholson David Buchanan John Welsh Chris Holland Paul Gallagher Chris Humphrey Ian Bryson Stephen Elliott Ross Wallace David Eyres Subs: Warren Beattie, Graeme Atkinson, Steve Wilkes, Jon Macken
Besides Gally, who played?

Very entertaining game and thoroughly enjoyed it. My first game for 18 months and I've certainly missed it!

Won a Bamber Bridge season ticket in the raffle too so a great day all round and I'm certain a fantastic amount will have been raised for the Motor Neuron Disease Foundation.