What's new
PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Sell the club and take Ridsdale with you.

65on

Manager
It’s not for him or anyone one of us to buy it though. Mr Hemmings Snr insisted on buying the club and paid peanuts for it leaving a lot of shareholders losing out massively. Now as far as I understand it, the family have to deal with the club like any other asset or debt of their late Father, and deal with it in a fit and proper manner. Demanding an excessive price but, not getting any offers, so running the club into the ground and calling it self sufficiency is both unethical and shameful.
Sorry Joan, suggesting he or any of us buy the club was said tongue in cheek. I was merely pointing out there isn't a queue waiting to buy us.Sure, the asking price is probably too high but neither should they give it away. Who's to know if they sold out the potential new owners may turn out to be even more frugal with their money. Is it not a case of " better the devil you know" or take a leap into the unknown and gamble? Now that would be unethical.

Joanpne

Forum Patron
Patron
Sorry Joan, suggesting he or any of us buy the club was said tongue in cheek. I was merely pointing out there isn't a queue waiting to buy us.Sure, the asking price is probably too high but neither should they give it away. Who's to know if they sold out the potential new owners may turn out to be even more frugal with their money. Is it not a case of " better the devil you know" or take a leap into the unknown and gamble? Now that would be unethical.
I don’t want to be pedantic or argumentative but withdrawing finance will lead to the same thing anyway, won’t it?

Walton

Advisor to the Owner

Could you tell us how you know how many people have made offers for the club?

Maybe you could also inform us what exactly is the asking price and if there is any haggling allowed in it?

bazza

Youth Team
I genuinely think Ridsdale knows the game is up and people are finally - FINALLY - beginning to see him for the fake he is.

I bet he can’t believe he’s actually milked us for 11 years without much of a murmur because he somehow convinced so many that we were lucky to have a club at all.

He’s got away with it for 11 years and whatever happens he will leave with his pockets well lined, a chuckle to himself and not a single fuck given about North End.

Just hope the day comes soon, before he lands us back where he came in - League 1. 😡
Ridsdale is a shrewd cookie .The Hemmings give him the control of the club affairs so do you honestly think He will be trying hard for a buyer for the hemmings knowing He would be gone And when the Yank came forward months ago Ridsdale was then shunted to one side while The Hemmings Lawyers looked into it .And ok The yank failed but I bet Ridsdale was a relived man ...And TBH if The Hemmings had sold the club They wouldn't have given A Toss about R idsdale

And hearts.
exactly there are good and bad for all ownership types however it should not be totally written off going forward,if the fans can unite & i fear pne fans are to tribal to do that, after all the majority of fans have loved the comforting lies broken promises over the previous years new training ground etc, even those who spoke out still turned up to swell the hemmings gate receipts, anyway go and send gary brazil a 60th birthday card !

nigelscamelcoat

Advisor to the Owner
exactly there are good and bad for all ownership types however it should not be totally written off going forward,if the fans can unite & i fear pne fans are to tribal to do that, after all the majority of fans have loved the comforting lies broken promises over the previous years new training ground etc, even those who spoke out still turned up to swell the hemmings gate receipts, anyway go and send gary brazil a 60th birthday card !
60 today? That makes me feel old.

NG White

Forum Patron
Patron
I don't think its true that there are not people out there that would want to buy North End.

I am probably biased I admit, but I think we're an attractive proposition for a wealthy individual or consortium who want to buy a football club. We have a long history which doesn't count for much in a business sense granted but its there. Deepdale is an impressive stadium, visiting fans often comment about how unique it is, it needs a little bit of investment to finish it and tidy it up a little but never the less, its not like we need massive investment there.

The only major thing that a new owner would need to invest in infrastructure wise would be the academy, if they wanted to that is.

I think the major stumbling block is likely the price. You've got to have a hell of a lot of spare money to pay £30m and then walk in the door knowing that until you've improved this shambolic business, which won't happen overnight, you need to pump £8m or so per season in to keep it going. Slash that asking price in half (if it is that) and the new owner has two years funding spare straight away to try and turn the business round and get us on that gravy train.

Meldrew's Ghost

Forum Patron
Patron
How much did Hemmings pay out when he forced his take-over of the club? Less than £200k? In that case, set the asking price at £5m (including the cost of Ridsdale's redundancy), with a stipulation that the new owners have at least £25m on top to invest in the club.

IanBogie9

Advisor to the Owner
Sea Change after Sheffield. Something is required to explain the sudden change in budget, in strategy. We’re going nowhere with these four malfunctioning strikers.

When’s the next Fans Forum?

Mr.T

Manager
Zero communication from Grovemoore.

Zero communication from the Chairman.

Why did they try for players and then that money disappeared.

It's got to the point that even the director doesn't bother to come out & start patronising us.

What's the plan?
There isn’t one. That’s the problem

baypne

Reserve
It winds me up that the club act like they're skint all the time... "We have a small budget that we have to stick to"... "we can't afford x or y".. it doesn't wash.. the owners are billionaires FFS, some of thw wealthiest in the league and were acting like poorpers... we'd have a higher income if you give the fans something for them to invest in. Why should we if you won't!

There are many fans who are genuinely skint but still have invested when they probably shouldn't have. That is what skint is, they have a budget to be very aware of otherwise the family won't get fed... your talk of budget is pathetic in comparison.
Either up your budget you tight gits or find a way to generate some income from player sales... take a punt on young prospects, get them in our ranks and in a season or 2 sell on for decent money.
Not every player purchase has to go into the starting 11... think longer term for a change.

I'm sick of the billionaires playing the poor act.. invest or get out!

We as fans should start crowd funding some 'Hemmings family out', and 'club for sale to owners who give a sh1t' banners.. I'd invest in them never mind flags.

If we can't find 1.5 mil for Robbo who would have fit in so well and isn't a knob head then we really are run on a shoestring. He would have been our striker problem sorted for 3 years, but nope... loan again next year... and one after...

Of the record season ticket sales, how many over the core 7000 will renew...? Hardly any... All that good feeling has gone already and the 1.5 mill which could have been spent on robbo for eg will be lost and then some in low season ticket sales next year...if they'd invested in the summer gone then next summer would have equally decent sales as we'd have had a reason and seen ambition from the club..
If they do a season ticket early bird sale next year... even on the same terms I doubt we'll clear 10k...
Hemmings family, you screwed up by being tight.
Riddler, you screwed up by being so short term in your thinking for years...
Both need to go now... I want OUR club run by people who share the same love for the club as we do and they obviously don't...