PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Sell the club and take Ridsdale with you.

T

TheFulwoodEnd

Today summed up everything that we all expected.

Once again the owners lack of interest combined with the directors lack of football knowledge has come back to bite us.

I plead for North End fans not to make the same mistake by blaming everything on the manager (yes he got it wrong today) but when you have Magurie and Evans on the bench what hope has he got.

We are going nowhere under this ownership or the prehistoric rhetoric of Ridsdale.

"Play your part"

What a piss take of every single supporter.

Turning point tonight I think.

I have wanted a change of ownership for as long as I can remember but tonight has felt toxic. Riddler probably delighted that we have two weeks off.

Agree with everything the OP said. Fans been taken for a ride, completely. Record season tickets sales and one cash purchase in Woodman. Horrific.

Nothing will change unless Craig decides to lower his asking price. We have been told he loves the club? If he does, he’d realise he can’t move this club on and needs it to go to someone who can.

Do it quick.

No businessman with a brain would pay £30m for PNE - a company that 'loses' £8m a year to boot. The Hemmings family need to give their collective heads a wobble and seriously re-consider their asking price for the club, if they are in fact wanting to sell it. Constantly spunking millions a season just to 'keep the ship steady' isn't going to get them their money back. Perhaps they should have employed someone better than Mr Ridsdale to manage the contracts of our previous 'independently valued' squad worth '£70m' - that's the only way they were ever going to make their money back with their lack of ambition. Do us all a favour, be realistic, swallow your pride and sell the club for a realistic price.

The losses incurred by the club are a result of bad management, mediocre players on ridiculous wages. Until the clear out this summer, we had a massive squad with players not good enough for this division. The signings we made the summer before this, were disastrous, some of them out for the season before it began. The state the club is in, is a result of the owners, although they are very wealthy, they had no interest in this club as a focus of ambition, it has been treated as a burden, something that they are lumbered with.

I looked at the wage bill of Brentford the season before they went up, and there was only one player on wages above 10k a week, the director of finances Mr Ridsdale should be held responsible for the majority of this bad management, he was unable to sell at the right time, extended contracts to players with no future here. We need a fan's voice somewhere in the midst of this palava. It might straighten things out if we knew what the plans are, the owners say nothing, silence is the norm. I assume the club is for sale, but haven't heard anything official to verify that. It is also assumed there is no long term strategy at the club, regarding youth development or plans to upgrade the academy.

Everything at Deepdale is guesswork, rumours, and hearsay. We can take it that investment is not on the cards, after the summer recruitment, which fell far short of the manager's list of required incomings. Whatever good points the trustees have, their silence and lack of honesty and communication with the fans, signals that they don't give a toss about the club, it's history, wellbeing, or future development.

If, as is rumoured, the club is for sale, and if a buyer isn't found, then I wouldn't be surprised if a deal is done with Ridsdale to take control, and the Hemmings Group, wash their hands and walk away.

I just wish that the Hemmings group actually communicate with the supporters - honesty and intention would be appreciated, We are like a ship without a rudder at present with a lack of destination. Some additional investment in a few key areas and this could have been a decent season - RL is having to work wth what he has got and not what he wants. I have supported since 1961 and to be honest I am swiftly losing interest. Please talk to the supporters Mr Hemmings.

I genuinely think Ridsdale knows the game is up and people are finally - FINALLY - beginning to see him for the fake he is.

I bet he can’t believe he’s actually milked us for 11 years without much of a murmur because he somehow convinced so many that we were lucky to have a club at all.

He’s got away with it for 11 years and whatever happens he will leave with his pockets well lined, a chuckle to himself and not a single fuck given about North End.

Just hope the day comes soon, before he lands us back where he came in - League 1. 😡

Our DOF thinks 2 in every 5 transfers being a success is a good business model, and that if a youngster hasn’t made the first team by 20 he never will

We don’t stand a chance
Yeah like Ian Wright 🙈

Anyone buying a cheap season ticket this year who expected a seismic shift in recruitment/investment was naive to put it politely.
Nevertheless, recruitment fell short of even my low expectations. If we'd got Cameron Archer back and a good RWB we might have been ok but we aren't ok.
I said to my mates before the game yesterday - look at that bench. A back up goalkeeper and a quality backup for LWB otherwise pretty much nothing. Notwithstanding tired legs, the substitutions made us weaker. It's Lowe's fault he made poor substitutions but it's not his fault that the squad is so weak.

Zero communication from Grovemoore.

Zero communication from the Chairman.

Why did they try for players and then that money disappeared.

It's got to the point that even the director doesn't bother to come out & start patronising us.

What's the plan?

I just wish that the Hemmings group actually communicate with the supporters - honesty and intention would be appreciated, We are like a ship without a rudder at present with a lack of destination. Some additional investment in a few key areas and this could have been a decent season - RL is having to work wth what he has got and not what he wants. I have supported since 1961 and to be honest I am swiftly losing interest. Please talk to the supporters Mr Hemmings.

They just talk shite though. They always have. Trevor did after Baxi takeover.

I judge everyone in life by actions. Words are absolutely cheap and football fans are as gullible as anyone because they ache for success.

There's no point Craig coming out and saying, 'I've been saddled with this money pit by my dad's passing, I want rid at any cost and whilst that process is happening I will be reducing an already shit squad to a skeleton squad'. His actions say all of that clearly enough.

They just talk shite though. They always have. Trevor did after Baxi takeover.

I judge everyone in life by actions. Words are absolutely cheap and football fans are as gullible as anyone because they ache for success.

There's no point Craig coming out and saying, 'I've been saddled with this money pit by my dad's passing, I want rid at any cost and whilst that process is happening I will be reducing an already shit squad to a skeleton squad'. His actions say all of that clearly enough.
On this we agree.

Zero communication from Grovemoore.

Zero communication from the Chairman.

Why did they try for players and then that money disappeared.

It's got to the point that even the director doesn't bother to come out & start patronising us.

What's the plan?

Find something else to do Saturday afternoons and Tuesday evenings?

It’s the only thing that will change