PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Sheff Utd v PNE - 29/04/23 - KO:15:00 (Lashers relegation party)

So who's on your retained list?
Mine:
Woodman (obvs!)
Cunningham
Whiteman
Bauer
Lindsey
Storey
Browne
McCann
Johnson
Hughes
Onamah
Riis
Diaby
Potts
Evans (if able to play again at the same level otherwise find him a coaching role)
Brady
Cornell
+ all the youngsters
+ hopefully Cannon & Fernandez back
Parrott maybe, gets in good positions but a little more composure in front of goal, will develop though
Couple of good loans and we actually have a decent squad, I would love Weghorst on loan, we could do with a big shithouse!

I’m sure Wout Weghorst currently on loan at one of the biggest sides on the planet will come to PR1.

So who's on your retained list?
Mine:
Woodman (obvs!)
Cunningham
Whiteman
Bauer
Lindsey
Storey
Browne
McCann
Johnson
Hughes
Onamah
Riis
Diaby
Potts
Evans (if able to play again at the same level otherwise find him a coaching role)
Brady
Cornell
+ all the youngsters
+ hopefully Cannon & Fernandez back
Parrott maybe, gets in good positions but a little more composure in front of goal, will develop though
Couple of good loans and we actually have a decent squad, I would love Weghorst on loan, we could do with a big shithouse!
So, in short, you'd release Olosunde and Woodburn, and pay up Ledson, who signed a new 2-year deal 5 months ago.

And with that huge overhaul - plus a couple of new loans including, ahem, Weghorst - we'd have "a decent squad".

I'm not ITK, but we won't be paying up Ledson's contract. I think he's more likely to end up the lynchpin of our midfield after we sell/release a few other players this summer.

So, in short, you'd release Olosunde and Woodburn, and pay up Ledson, who signed a new 2-year deal 5 months ago.

And with that huge overhaul - plus a couple of new loans including, ahem, Weghorst - we'd have "a decent squad".

I'm not ITK, but we won't be paying up Ledson's contract. I think he's more likely to end up the lynchpin of our midfield after we sell/release a few other players this summer.
Sell Ledson & Woodburn, release Olosunde . Loan a Weghorst type player and yes we have a decent squad, just getting the discussion moving along mate!

Just read dickheads comments and for me the buck stops with him. Look at City, the players will run through fire and water for Pep - Ryan hasnt got that sort of respect from his players and can not motivate them
His job is to motivate them - there is something amiss. I agree that they havent tried but why havent they or wont they - for me they dont respect him enough.

Sell Ledson & Woodburn, release Olosunde . Loan a Weghorst type player and yes we have a decent squad, just getting the discussion moving along mate!
Yeah, me too, that's why I took the time to decipher that long list of "retained" players.

Woodburn's OoC so there'll be no sale there - and we'll need to find a buyer for Ledson first. Think it'll be easier waiting the 2 years for his deal to expire, myself.

I think the squad is miles off being anything but mid-table, and that's with the better loan players, who won't be coming back next season.

Going to be a long old summer.

Considering we where in with a shout of the play offs these last few fixtures have been shamefully poor.

Lowe has his critics (I am not convinced either way with him tbh) and rightly so at times but surely he deserves some credit to get this shower of shite in contention with 2 games to go. This squad is seriously shite. I'd be furious if I was Lowe having not been given the tools to do the job. We can't have this attacking brand of football with the dross players we have, the football this season has largely been total crap to watch. Is that all down to Lowe.

I don't think much will change until the fat controller is relieved of his duties. He's wasted any budget we've ever been given on total shite, ludicrous contract extension, overseen some top players we've had leave for peanuts and has built an unbalanced terrible squad with zero re-sale value. The club has become stale and the games have become a choir to watch. It's very difficult to find enthusiasm when the club has zero plan moving forward. It's soul destroying and whilst he's still running the show I wouldn't expect to sell many season tickets.

Next season is going to be tough.

Cannon and Fernandez finishing loans. Onomah won't be sticking around. DJ will be off. Whitman and Woodman will be off if serious offers come in. Ched may not play again.
We will be left with too many players that are just not good enough. Ledson, Woodburn, Lindsay, Storey, Potts, Cunningham......

Huge summer coming and I do not trust Ridsdale to oversee it. We will be in big big trouble next season.

We need to actively look to sell Ryan Ledson. He’s absolute garbage. Ball watching for Millwall’s second, and same again for the second goal today letting Fleck run off him.

This group of players gave up after Millwall, unfortunately.
The trouble is, "actively trying to sell Ryan Ledson" and "he's absolute garbage" tend to work against each other.

The best we might get is a loan away to a L1 club if we heavily subsidised his wages - but if we're looking to cash in Whiteman and/or Browne this summer (both entering the final year of their contracts, and crucially not absolute garbage), maybe we're still going to need Ledson to make his one good sliding tackle again next season.

A few of us on here pointed out about having a player on the back post on corners, well we got done again for the first goal, nice one

Considering we where in with a shout of the play offs these last few fixtures have been shamefully poor.

Lowe has his critics (I am not convinced either way with him tbh) and rightly so at times but surely he deserves some credit to get this shower of shite in contention with 2 games to go. This squad is seriously shite. I'd be furious if I was Lowe having not been given the tools to do the job. We can't have this attacking brand of football with the dross players we have, the football this season has largely been total crap to watch. Is that all down to Lowe.

I don't think much will change until the fat controller is relieved of his duties. He's wasted any budget we've ever been given on total shite, ludicrous contract extension, overseen some top players we've had leave for peanuts and has built an unbalanced terrible squad with zero re-sale value. The club has become stale and the games have become a choir to watch. It's very difficult to find enthusiasm when the club has zero plan moving forward. It's soul destroying and whilst he's still running the show I wouldn't expect to sell many season tickets.

Next season is going to be tough.

Cannon and Fernandez finishing loans. Onomah won't be sticking around. DJ will be off. Whitman and Woodman will be off if serious offers come in. Ched may not play again.
We will be left with too many players that are just not good enough. Ledson, Woodburn, Lindsay, Storey, Potts, Cunningham......

Huge summer coming and I do not trust Ridsdale to oversee it. We will be in big big trouble next season.
A great post, the squad needs rebuilding,simple fact is there will be no budget to do so, PR will continue to spread a yarn or three about any signings.
Has previous Prem experience reality,, well past sell by date, no engine or legs, young Prem prospect, reality never played or been in 1st team squad, ,played for U18s , experienced player just needs match fitness, reality not played a game for 18 months,, still recovering from.injury.🤔

Disappointing result but not totally unexpected. We did have a sniff at 1-1 but that deflected goal by Fleck made us push on as we’d nothing to lose. At 3-1 down we had a stone wall penalty which would have given us a lift but the ref must have been unsighted and missed it. I thought Alvaro and Potts had good games but the rest weren’t so hot. I wouldn’t blame Woodman for any of the goals either. It just showed how far off the standard of being a promotion team we are, however we were missing 7 players through injury and suspension which is bound to affect any team.

i dread to think what our retained list will be and what loans we can get for next season I am not pessimistic but feel next season we won't be anywhere near play offs.

Blimey, we're playing the team who have clearly seen the second best team in the division who have just been promoted straight back to the premiership. They operate on a budget we could only dream of.
We can still grab something here with a bit of luck, and still have something to play for on the last game of the season - this would be a great achievement and something to build on next season. Not start from scratch
Zzzzzzz