PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Should she be allowed back?

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
51786748_2135533203403218_2258352305986338816_n.jpg

In 2015, Shamima Begum left London along with two friends to join ISIS in Syria. Now 19 and nine months pregnant she wants to return to the UK.

Should she be allowed to?

Yes. The reason I say this is that she was young and influenced. She made a mistake as we all have done in our teens.

Having said that, she needs investigating thoroughly and some sort of punishment/edication.
This, for me.

If I remember rightly, they were groomed in a similar way to how paedophiles work.

Im really conflicted over this. The wishy washy liberal part of me says yes, she needs to be allowed back but be subject to investigation/prosecution and then deradicalisation. The other part of me says she knew what she was getting in to, she shows no signs of remorse in her interview and so she needs to accept the consequences of effectively ripping up her citizenship of the UK and never be allowed anywhere near Bethnal Green.

It's a difficult one.....

Ordinarily I'd say yes however I get the impression that she still fully believes in the ISIS cause but having had 2 children die young wants the third raised in this country.

If she can prove that she will be able to be fully rehabilitated then I see no reason why not.

She is showing no signs of regret, lost two children because of her stance and now wants to return because/when isis has been wasted?....... Her dads not much better ( who also has previous but claims it wasn't him that influenced her. it was online prompting ). He thinks she should come home and the police keep their noses out.

It's a big no from me unless she can get her own sorry arse back here on her own steam and then face a court on terrorism charges....... I fully expect the press to finance her trip and set her up for life with exclusives though.......

Sorry but you make your own bed, etc...

The fact that 2 of her kids died and she now wants a better lifestyle for the 3rd....nah, fuck her, back to that bed you previously made.

What she committed amounts to Treason which, as far as I can remember, is still punishable. Let her back in then with a 40 year term awaiting her.

I heard her interview, or part of it, she does not regret joining the caliphate, said the belief of the followers was to kill non believers, The severed heads did not phase her, but she didn’t know there was underground persecution (or something like that) where Muslims were killing Muslims? Would have to listen again maybe. She only wants to protect her child from disease and starvation as she has lost two already. Not a word if any regret whatsoever. NO. Not come across anyone yet who thinks she should be allowed back

I’ve not read or seen the interview so I can’t comment on her sincerity.

However, I’d rather resources were used for someone genuinely in need. Maybe someone that has lost their family/house/job due to ISIS.

Perhaps if she’s allowed to come back she can take the same arduous journey as those that come to the UK that have been displaced because of ISIS.

Ultimately I’d be uncomfortable letting her back in however emotive her reasons are as it seems her motivation is personal as opposed to being in a genuine need of protection. Many innocent people have been in far worse positions than her due to ISIS and don’t get the protection from the UK. It’s a no from me

No chance. She made her choice. If she is allowed back then it sets a precedent.

Go and fight for the Isis cause, support it, then want to come back to bring a kid up? Bollocks to that.

She should be told that she can come back and will face a jail sentence where the maximum term for the crime will be imposed. Her child will therefore go into care or rest with the remaining family. She can then choose to return or stay where she is.

That said, if she does return and either she or her offspring goes on to murder innocent people in the future then we'll all be moaning about why on earth we let her in.

We're too soft!

Yes. The reason I say this is that she was young and influenced. She made a mistake as we all have done in our teens.

Having said that, she needs investigating thoroughly and some sort of punishment/edication.

A mistake?

A mistake is going to the shop to buy your other half some Coffee that they asked for and you return with a box of 120 PJ Tips. That is a mistake.

She knew full well what she was doing. Teenagers these days are far more sussed and clued up than I was as a teenager 30 years ago due to technological, amongst others, advancements.

Stop being soft and naive Joan. She hates you and she hates myself. This is the reality and she wouldn't think nor blink twice.

She should be told that she can come back and will face a jail sentence where the maximum term for the crime will be imposed. Her child will therefore go into care or rest with the remaining family. She can then choose to return or stay where she is.

That said, if she does return and either she or her offspring goes on to murder innocent people in the future then we'll all be moaning about why on earth we let her in.

We're too soft!

I'd be very dubious about that to be honest...

As she is a British citizen I can't see how the country can not let her return. Under international law you can't make someone stateless, I can't see any country wanting to adopt her. So she remains British.

As she is a British citizen I can't see how the country can not let her return. Under international law you can't make someone stateless, I can't see any country wanting to adopt her. So she remains British.
Bollocks.

Tell her to fuck off.

No, she shouldn't be allowed back and we need to drop the whole 15 years old argument. At 15 we all make decisions that have a lasting effect on our own lives. We decide whether to graft or piss about at school and it has a huge effect on our own lives.

She hasn't learnt that her life has been a sorry waste and she is therefore dangerous. Bringing her back would be ridiculous and I hope the government uses every power it can to block it.

She just doesn't want to give birth in a desert.

Once turned, probably always turned and not worth the security risk.

She should have been jailed as soon as she set foot in Europe.