PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Should she be allowed back?

I think it is the right decision. An example to all the others who think they can trot off to another country to help terrorists then just return as though nothing happened. Good riddance.
Succinct and right to the point !

She became who she is on our watch, in our country, one of our schools, in our system.

I think it's important to find out the how and why, if we are to learn anything.

I can understand why people feel differently, it's an emotive subject, but it sets a dangerous precident imo. If we can make our own citizens stateless then do we have the right to be deporting foreign born nationals that commit heinous crimes here? Should we expect those countries to accept back their undesirables when we don't accept ours? Its the same thing in reverse 🤷‍♀️

I think it's the wrong decision.
Would you be so magnanimous if one of your own family had been blown up or beheaded, Winkytinks ?

Would you be so magnanimous if one of your own family had been blown up or beheaded, Winkytinks ?
Here we go, knew it wouldn't be long before someone popped up trying to insinuate I've no empathy. I don't support the death penalty either, I suppose that means I sympathise with paedos and murderers in your book no doubt. Re read what my post actually says and not what you want it to say.

Here we go, knew it wouldn't be long before someone popped up trying to insinuate I've no empathy. I don't support the death penalty either, I suppose that means I sympathise with paedos and murderers in your book no doubt. Re read what my post actually says and not what you want it to say.

No, that's not right. I'm suggesting you've got far too much empathy for Miss Begum. Your post :

"She became who she is on our watch, in our country, one of our schools, in our system."

You seem to be suggesting that she is blameless. A hapless victim of the education system in Britain who had no idea what she was getting herself into by joining a group of ruthless bloodthirsty jihadists in a foreign state. Pull the other one, Blinkers.

And I didn't know that Islamic terrorism was on the curriculum in schools now.

No, that's not right. I'm suggesting you've got far too much empathy for Miss Begum. Your post :

"She became who she is on our watch, in our country, one of our schools, in our system."

You seem to be suggesting that she is blam
eless. A hapless victim of the education system in Britain who had no idea what she was getting herself into by joining a group of ruthless bloodthirsty jihadists in a foreign state. Pull the other one, Blinkers.

And I didn't know that Islamic terrorism was on the curriculum in schools now.
1st part is factual, nowhere has tinky intimated or hinted that Begum is blameless.

I see your reasoning but will it provide any form of deterrent (rhetorical question)
This really is the big debate
Yes, of course it’s a deterrent. If she came back what would happen to her? She would be allowed to carry on with her life as though nothing happened, that certainly isn’t a deterrent, quite the opposite.

Yes, of course it’s a deterrent. If she came back what would happen to her? She would be allowed to carry on with her life as though nothing happened, that certainly isn’t a deterrent, quite the opposite.
Would she not go to prison? Agree with your stance btw

Wasnt the reasonings for her to come back to have her day in court?

1st part is factual, nowhere has tinky intimated or hinted that Begum is blameless.
Winky said "She became who she is on our watch, in our country, one of our schools, in our system."

That sentence to me, might be wrong, arguably absolves her of any wrong doing. Maybe Winky didn't mean it like that, though.

Wasnt the reasonings for her to come back to have her day in court?
And what would she be charged with?

If they gave her ten years she’d be out in five. Another example of very little happens if you side with mass terrorists who hate our very existence.

Nah, she made her choice, tough shit. Let’s hope the next fifteen year old looks at her situation and thinks twice. Letting her back would be stupid!

And what would she be charged with?

If they gave her ten years she’d be out in five. Another example of very little happens if you side with mass terrorists who hate our very existence.

Nah, she made her choice, tough shit. Let’s hope the next fifteen year old looks at her situation and thinks twice. Letting her back would be stupid!
Thing is she hasnt been charged with anything. The lwayers arguing for her return was so she could challenge the home secretaries ruling to strip her of her citizenship.

The ruling of the Supreme court isnt actually about this, the ruling is based on whether the home secretary can refuse her admission to the country on security issues. Its thios that they have ruled on, not her citizen issue.

The judge has made it clear that the citizenship case has only been put on hold until she can be in a safe place to have it heard. Other cases have been heard with the appellant making their cases from overseas. So this is a long way from being over.