PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Should the PNE players take the knee ??

PAOK were docked three points, which halted their title challenge in its tracks - Savvidis was banned for three years.

It was a legally held firearm but, even so, what a dickhead.
Crazy. Romanian football is mad too, I read that at one point Liga I only had two clubs with owners who hadn't been imprisoned at some stage.

100%

which begs the question.... why are so many non whites treated differently ??
what I find ironic is that people who post / write nothing but negative comments about this particular act of anti discrimination tell us the action is divisive and needs to stop because attracts negative reactions..... .... self fulfilling I think thats described as....

Bottom line for me is that anyone who boo's Ryan Ledson for kneeling in support of Daniel Johnson might call themselves PNE Fans but they certainly aren't gentry.....

I’ve actually wondered whether the racist abuse happens after the team has lost or the player has had a particularly bad game......... and do non black players also get abuse in similar circumstances but without racial overtones.

Platforms are places where people have a good grump, players get slated for performances on this site, angry fans can easily go over the top, not sure how much of this abuse is really nasty stuff or just angry fans losing the plot a little as they do, and if foreign players get nationality abuse in a similar way.

Maybe criticism itself should be banned then we don’t upset anyone’s feelings.....
Not sure what point you are making but when someone gets abused because of the colour of their skin then that isn’t criticism.

This going down on one knee its utter nonsense from across the pond. If players want to unite against racism before a game use another gesture. This would be better supporter by the vast majority of fans and move to the unity that is required. I wont boo the knee nonsense but I wont applaud it and I dont support the political gesture at sporting event.

This going down on one knee its utter nonsense from across the pond. If players want to unite against racism before a game use another gesture. This would be better supporter by the vast majority of fans and move to the unity that is required. I wont boo the knee nonsense but I wont applaud it and I dont support the political gesture at sporting event.
It’s not political.

I`ll post it yet again, makes a change from the bombardment of right wing newspapers.

From the horses mouth, so to speak.

blmuk.png

Anyone getting it yet?

Even though BLMuk isnt why the players are taking the knee.

Hi Folks,
wow - some powerful argument both ways in this thread.
Is there a right or wrong in 'the taking of the knee' or in fact any outward gesture/sign.
For instance wearing a gold chain with a small cross on has caused people to be reprimanded in their work place.

An issue, for me, in taking the knee is that if somebody in the team does not want to take the knee because they see no direct or immediate benefit then they will stand out and one would presume that they do not agree with the action and are thus racist. That is one view.

So, they take the knee so as not to stand out - but now, do they believe in what they are doing. So it becomes an empty gesture.

We end up with the majority of society bending over backward to accommodate the few - the few in this case being the racists.

Perhaps the laws need changing to help the racists see the bigger picture and make penalties fit the crime.

Another very serious issue with this racist problem is that it is not just white on black.
In my part of West London, where every nation has come to settle, it is very much every colour against every other colour.

Get on with life and think yourself lucky you live in Britain.

Roger

Hi Folks,
wow - some powerful argument both ways in this thread.
Is there a right or wrong in 'the taking of the knee' or in fact any outward gesture/sign.
For instance wearing a gold chain with a small cross on has caused people to be reprimanded in their work place.

An issue, for me, in taking the knee is that if somebody in the team does not want to take the knee because they see no direct or immediate benefit then they will stand out and one would presume that they do not agree with the action and are thus racist. That is one view.

So, they take the knee so as not to stand out - but now, do they believe in what they are doing. So it becomes an empty gesture.

We end up with the majority of society bending over backward to accommodate the few - the few in this case being the racists.

Perhaps the laws need changing to help the racists see the bigger picture and make penalties fit the crime.

Another very serious issue with this racist problem is that it is not just white on black.
In my part of West London, where every nation has come to settle, it is very much every colour against every other colour.

Get on with life and think yourself lucky you live in Britain.

Roger
Enjoyed your thoughts....... the issue you raise, which others have, might be true and it might not....

The problem for me is we can 'suggest it might be true and then WE make it a truth without any evidence', causing us to call it an empty gesture.....

I guess we will never know if 'any do kneel whilst not wanting to' unless players tell us..... and some do stand through it.....

But I cant call it an empty gesture based on a premise that could well be false and with no evidence that its true.

race v race is a big problem everywhere but discrimination based on race (or anything else) is something different. imo.

Where do people stand with the phrases "Cheeky Monkey" and "Northern Monkey"?

Both are innocent but would it be classed as racist if said to a black mate?

Blurred lines.

What dont you like about the BLMuk organisation, Joan?View attachment 3854

Wheres the hate and nasty accusations?
This info was not visible during the protests/riots last year when BLM activists/supporters were forcing people to kneel or raise their fists in support. (That happened in the US and here.) Or when the footballers started kneeling with Black Lives Matter badges, in front of empty stadiums adorned with Black Lives Matter flags. This is new information recently updated to distance themselves from BLM. The taking of the knee is intrinsically linked to the BLM movement of whatever faction whether here or in the states.