PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Should we loan out Bayliss?

Christ on a bike, I love a moan but ffs, give some of these lads a chance, a decent tactical approach to games would make all the difference, having an eye for a cheap unpolished gem might be all that Neil is good at !!
Totally agree up to this (the highlighted) point but AN has a long long way to go to get anywhere near the final part of your post.

We have a 25 man squad, A couple of players injured, 3 who might leave. On this thread 3 players mentioned to be loaned, Why the feck would you loan out Ledson and Storey gave me a laugh. Cheers

It wasn't the best of moves for him really. If he'd stayed at Coventry he'd probably be a Championship regular now. A strange signing for us, particularly as he wasn't cheap.
I still think he will be a good player for us, he's still very young and in his very few outings has looked very good on the ball just nowhere near strong enough. Get him built up like we have done with Browne, Robinson, Ledson etc and I think he will be a good Championship player.

I still think he will be a good player for us, he's still very young and in his very few outings has looked very good on the ball just nowhere near strong enough. Get him built up like we have done with Browne, Robinson, Ledson etc and I think he will be a good Championship player.
Browne was fairly nondescript in his first 2 years in the Championship. Played a fair few games but it took him a while to develop and took a change of manager to find the right role for him.

Robinson similar to an extent also he was scoring towards the end of Grayson’s tenure.

I think the difference in expectation is due to the fact they were cheap punts so people think they need time to develop, whereas Bayliss was more expensive. He still needs that time, regardless of the price tag, but he does need to be playing a lot more than he has done in order to improve.

‘’Should we loan out Bayliss’’

The answer to that is NO

Like Ledson before him, young men who need time to adjust to the higher quality of football they are used too, also to a completely different part of the Country away from families and friends they were used too

Anyway what would it prove playing wise? We already know Bayliss is good enough to play in League 1 which is all we could conceivably loan him out too

As stated earlier in the thread I was initially in favour of Bayliss staying. After he started against Forest I thought he was starting to come to the fore and would be more involved.

I know we have a very busy set of fixtures coming up but as things stand I just can't see why he has not gone on loan somewhere to play games.

He's started 1 game now in over 18 months and isn't in the squad again tonight.

From what I've seen of him the lad has decent ability and eventually could become a very good player at this level. Unfortunately, he's way off Whiteman and Ledston level and the only real way for him to progress is with games. Loan with a recall would be great for all concerned.

From what I've seen of him the lad has decent ability and eventually could become a very good player at this level. Unfortunately, he's way off Whiteman and Ledston level and the only real way for him to progress is with games. Loan with a recall would be great for all concerned.

With the new midfielders settling very quickly as well as Ledson putting in some performances, I would literally send Bayliss to Cork now not for the football but the physicality of it.

Had forgotten all about him again, miles down the pecking order once more.

Could actually see him being sold in the summer now DJ is around for another two years and Potts regularly gets games away from home so he's no nearer to starting now than the day he signed.

Totally pointless signing. At the time, he was signed as “one for the future”. Surely he needs to be playing football to develop.