PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Should we loan out Bayliss?

I don't know if Ledson is the success story that proves the point. I think he has been quite bad for a while and wouldn't shed a tear if he left in some capacity either.
Definite for Bayliss to league one for games and in the unlikely scenario that Pearson stays I would loan out Ledson too.

No. Johnson, Pearson, Harrop all unlikely to be here next month, and Bayliss is only just starting to break through and be given a look in.

Better that he stays and then assess the situation in the summer.

Regards Bayliss, the North End fitness coaches are working with him to bulk up and be more of a presence.
They Recognise he’s got the ability to play but with him being so slight, they are concentrating on making him more athletic and want him to be more dominant on the pitch 👍🏼

Based on what.

He’s done absolutely nothing here
based on he's probably halved in value over the last 2 years.

a good asumption, hes not played and injuries makes sense. he may still come good, hes young he still has value. you could argue worth more than a mil but would take a mil

No idea tbh. He's played plenty of football though, so it's not like he's gonna learn from exposure to the men's game.

If Pearson and DJ both leave, we're left with (presumably) Whiteman, Molumby, Ledson, Gally and Bayliss for 2 CM spots.

He doesn't take up a squad space though, and that likely increases his value to staying as a part of the squad.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I'd like him to stay around. He'll need to try and get on the same page as the new signings going forward, and he can only do that by training with them.

Bayliss looks good on the ball at times but Isn’t a regular Championship starter. I can’t see a million from a Champ club if he isn’t starting regularly and L1 sides won’t spend a Million. We paid too much I fear but he may come good in time

Ledson however has come on so much He and the coaches deserve credit there

We should loan out Storey too if we can get in a new defender plus another if Davies goes

Stockley, Harrop and Bodin too

I think we have to keep him until we know how many midfielders we will have for the rest of the campaign. If he can bulk up a bit without losing his mobility (like Robbo did when he was 23) I think that he could turn into a decent player. He doesn't turn 22 'til April so there's time yet.

Regards Bayliss, the North End fitness coaches are working with him to bulk up and be more of a presence.
They Recognise he’s got the ability to play but with him being so slight, they are concentrating on making him more athletic and want him to be more dominant on the pitch 👍🏼
Give him porridge every morning like they did with Tom Finney.

No. Look at what Ledson has become when everyone had written him off. Saturday aside when he was out of position his performances have been steady the last few games. Think he will come good given time
Ahem, to be fair Paddy not everyone writes Players off when they are not instant successes, he (Ledson) had a good pedigree from Everton and was highly thought of at Oxford (via a Family member).
I and i wasn't alone was confident he could if not would come through when he had adjusted to the level and got to the stage/age were natural progression makes (or breaks) a Player.
Same could be said of Bayliss and i think he is approaching the age whereby he decides to himself that he wants to be a proper player (or not).
Whilst Coaches often get the 'credit' for Players coming of age they can only aid the process, largely its up to the player and their own mindset and motivations to 'achieve' or not.
Bayliss obviously has the ability does he have the desire?
If he has anything about him he says to AN i dont want to go on loan i am going to work harder in Training and prove myself.
Opportunities there if DJ and BP leave & Gally is only periphery (& thats if he gets a new contract).

I would really disagree. When he's bad he goes missing. Needs to do a lot more.
Sorry cant agree, Ledson has really come through and been MOM or close to lots of times, i agree he has had some quieter games when the whole Team has been poor but even then he's been amongst the better performers on the rank bad games.
Never had a 'Mare' to my knowledge unlike some of his Team Mates.
My opinion of course, respect yours but disagree.

Sorry cant agree, Ledson has really come through and been MOM or close to lots of times, i agree he has had some quieter games when the whole Team has been poor but even then he's been amongst the better performers on the rank bad games.
Never had a 'Mare' to my knowledge unlike some of his Team Mates.
My opinion of course, respect yours but disagree.
Ledson was probably our MoM for the first 10 games of the season.

Christ on a bike, I love a moan but ffs, give some of these lads a chance, a decent tactical approach to games would make all the difference, having an eye for a cheap unpolished gem might be all that Neil is good at !!

One thing that bothers me about the current set up is young players not getting a chance, IMO if you're good enough , you're old enough!
Remember the classic quote that you don't win anything with kids!
Bayliss impact sub getting 30/40 minutes to blend him in is far better than a loan.