Simon Grayson to be Sacked.

sedgwick__7 spot on.

And there's no doubt that Neil is an improvement on Larry, who seems very limited.

We ragged a few results at the start of the season, then his luck ran out.
That 5th minute of stoppage time winner for the Gills was a fitting end to his time at the club.

truenorthender

Advisor to the Owner
sedgwick__7 spot on.

And there's no doubt that Neil is an improvement on Larry, who seems very limited.

We ragged a few results at the start of the season, then his luck ran out.
That 5th minute of stoppage time winner for the Gills was a fitting end to his time at the club.
You was up late, do you love it when Blackpool lose ?

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
I agree. Two 10th place finishes on our return to the Championship was a creditable achievement. Like all managers, not all his signings worked out but signing Beckford was a masterstroke and McGeady was the most gifted and entertaining player seen at Deepdale since Fuller.
Two 11th placed finishes.

As I said on here about 18 months maybe 2 years ago, Grayson is yesterdays man. Finished.

I was amazed that he got the Blackpool gig truth be told. His career is now over if you tally in his pathetic last 2 months at PNE, Sunderland, Bradford and now t'Lashers.

I'm just glad that we somehow got around £1m for him and Alex Neil on a Free.

Happy Days!

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron

As I said on here about 18 months maybe 2 years ago, Grayson is yesterdays man. Finished.

I was amazed that he got the Blackpool gig truth be told. His career is now over if you tally in his pathetic last 2 months at PNE, Sunderland, Bradford and now t'Lashers.

Happy Days!
i dunno jd; way too early to call time on grayson, hes 50, near 700 games as a manager - 4 league 1 promotions
he may have a quite conservative and old school approach but hes far from finished, if he wants to carry on

blackpool were lucky to attract a man with such a track record but their deluded supporters who think they're a championship club 😂 😂 😂 stomped their feed and demanded him out
shocking decision to sack - they're out of touch

Schemer

Forum Patron
Patron

Happy Days!
I stand corrected, but the point stands that it was a creditable achievement. As for whether Grayson's career is over, we'll see, but I suspect not.

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
Even without the points deduction they'd still be bottom 3. However they were in a mess. League 2 for them next season.
They are lucky they didn't have a much bigger deduction. Still as you say it's probably irrelevant anyway as they'll be in League Two next time around.

Marcus Lawrenso

First Team
Erm, I only have 2 links to the place.

1) The GF.
2) The M55 East bound!
Lucky it's not ' Chantal of Blackpool ' ? - a sense of entitlement amongst the locals ? - surely not !

Sorry it's from The Sun ! !

VALENTINEZILLA I demand my boyfriend spends £2,500 on me for Valentine’s Day – and the celebrations must last a WEEK https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/10953570/valentines-day-girlfriend-fiance-splashes-2500-celebrate/?utm_campaign=sunmainfacebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1581666500

Marcus Lawrenso

First Team

Happy Days!

My view was that Simon Grayson got The Riddler off the hook , the way things were going with Westley - so he turned to someone at Leeds

but from what I've read on here , PNE were already lining up Alex Neil - no need to advertise the vacancy , they'd seen the way the wind was blowing ? , talk of him ( Grayson ) being lazy and you dp wonder about things that we're not privy to , a first team coach departing for instance

As for the Lashers , the night before Simon Grayson's sacking , there was a thorough discussion on the radio about League One amongst ex players , the jist was that there's effectively four leagues in one in that division - ie. Rotherham at the top , the play off places teams , the compressed middle to poorish ! teams and the very poor teams at the bottom like Bolton and Southend , along with Tranmere with their terrible pitch that can't score .

I just came to the conclusion that Blackpool are very average , mid table at best , there's some good players mind you ! - but PNE were also mid table in the Championship - for the first season , you'd give him the benefit of the doubt , i.e . stay up for a start on a low budget and establish but in the next season you couldn't see Preston going anywhere - just middling really

Marcus Lawrenso

First Team
Why the fuck would Warnock go there? 😄

Heckingbottom and Bowyer are shit & Evatt a massive gamble. Any of them will be fine.

Nathan Jones probably the best option on there.

Agree - As for Ian Evatt - as someone said on the radio , I'd get banned from my home town , his ( Evatt's ) job is to get Barrow in the football league as champions as the other teams have play off matches and then establish them in League 2

As for Gary Bowyer - I've no problems with him , he was played some very bad hands and got the Lashers out of League 2 via the play offs . That was ridiculous , having to pay for a practice pitch at Fulwood Amateurs as the grass had gone yellow , scorched at Squires Gate . I respect the fact that he looked after ' his boys '

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
She is a div.
Lucky it's not ' Chantal of Blackpool ' ? - a sense of entitlement amongst the locals ? - surely not !

Sorry it's from The Sun ! !

VALENTINEZILLA I demand my boyfriend spends £2,500 on me for Valentine’s Day – and the celebrations must last a WEEK https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/10953570/valentines-day-girlfriend-fiance-splashes-2500-celebrate/?utm_campaign=sunmainfacebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1581666500
She is a divvy control freak and he sounds weak.

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
This one is rather silly

OK, please explain what I got wrong... I look forward to a full explanation, not a quick stupid, insult filled reply.

I see the Night stalker had no reply. Lashers hate the Truth and hate it even more when you try talk sensibly to them.
Night Stalker not going to answer. Same result today, the team throwing away a lead again. See not Grayson, just the team needs time to gel and Grayson needed time. But the the fans needed to be pleased. Still won't go down because Tranmere, Southend and Bolton. lets hope next season.

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
I think the case has been rested. You ask a Lasher to back up their stupid claims or point out where you was wrong and they crawl back into their coffin and lock it up for a few weeks/months until they think you have forgotten.