PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Simon Grayson to be Sacked.

I think he’ll get them promoted in the next couple of seasons?

I have to agree.

Grayson seems to get some seriously unfair treatment from an unnervingly large section of PNE fans. Sure, a lot of his football, at times, bordered on the coma-inducing and his departure was somewhat acrimonious, but Grayson's contribution to PNE is vastly more positive than negative.

As much as his stock has fallen in the last 2 years with a couple of poor stints in club management, he's still a very good manager and will be successful again in League One.

We were a complete basket case when Grayson arrived, floundering above the League One relegation zone. He left us an established Championship club. He inherits Blackpool in roughly the same position. We can only hope that Blackpool's off the field issues and uncertain ownership (which we didn't have) prevents him from re-building BFC.

I have to agree.

Grayson seems to get some seriously unfair treatment from an unnervingly large section of PNE fans. Sure, a lot of his football, at times, bordered on the coma-inducing and his departure was somewhat acrimonious, but Grayson's contribution to PNE is vastly more positive than negative.

As much as his stock has fallen in the last 2 years with a couple of poor stints in club management, he's still a very good manager and will be successful again in League One.

We were a complete basket case when Grayson arrived, floundering above the League One relegation zone. He left us an established Championship club. He inherits Blackpool in roughly the same position. We can only hope that Blackpool's off the field issues and uncertain ownership (which we didn't have) prevents him from re-building BFC.

Blackpool aren’t in as bad a position as we were under GW. They were challenging for a playoff place last season but fell short.

There's no doubt about Grayson's record in League One. The mini break from management might have done him some good, they could go up, which is quite worrying.

There's no doubt about Grayson's record in League One. The mini break from management might have done him some good, they could go up, which is quite worrying.

I wouldn't worry about that, worry more that WE might start the new season as bad as the last

" Careful, Plodder " Grayson won't have changed his spots.... It'll be at least 2 years before we see the lashers again unless it's in the cup or we go down.... Fear not. :)

I have a theory / hope that Grayson might be a spent force in management. The hard work typified in younger managers often wears off once they have had their big pay and they don’t put the hours in on the training ground and on the road plus they expect / demand bigger backing from the board based on past reputation.
I think this might explain why he failed at Bradford.

I have a theory / hope that Grayson might be a spent force in management. The hard work typified in younger managers often wears off once they have had their big pay and they don’t put the hours in on the training ground and on the road plus they expect / demand bigger backing from the board based on past reputation.
I think this might explain why he failed at Bradford.

By all accounts he wasn't exactly a " grafter " when he was at PNE......

I have to agree.

Absolutely, Doc. Why on earth any PNE fan would wish Grayson ill is beyond me. He got us promoted and won us our first trophy at Wembley in about 80 years. Safe to say, those speaking badly of Grayson will be doing exactly the same about Neil whenever he leaves. It's so predictable.

Absolutely, Doc. Why on earth any PNE fan would wish Grayson ill is beyond me. He got us promoted and won us our first trophy at Wembley in about 80 years. Safe to say, those speaking badly of Grayson will be doing exactly the same about Neil whenever he leaves. It's so predictable.
Just to be very clear I don't wish Grayson I'll in the slightest.

I just hope he fails, in the worst possible manner ever at the Tangerine Tip at Bombsite Rd.

As for comments regards his management style I think everyone has him sussed now. Park the bus, yawn, nick a goal, yawn, sit back, yawn.......then the other team attacks and gets back in the game, yawn.

Hope you take them down Simon.....drag it out though, there's a good lad.