PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Sinclair injured?

Ultimately this could be...

1. muscle fatigue ‘tightness’. A good massage and rest and he’ll be reet.
2. A hamstring injury of various grades. Grade 1 - probably a week or 2. Looking at how he walked off and knowing how my hammies have gone properly in the past, suspect this.
Grade 2... week or two longer.
Grade 3... 6 weeks. Didn’t look this bad
Grade 4... hmm... depends on where exactly the tear is.

Mooney, maybe you can advise me. I've had calf muscle strains in recent years but never a thigh strain (until a week ago). Played footie indoors last Saturday and during the warmup I took a shot and felt a twinge at the front of the right thigh. I was struggling for the game unable to shoot, stretch for the ball or even pass accurately. By Tuesday i felt fully recovered and went to play again. As soon as I kicked the ball felt it straight away and struggled the rest of the game. Since then the front of both thighs are sore. In my 50's - do I need a few weeks rest?

His movement is always pretty good but he no longer has the pace to make his movement very effective.

The main problem with him as a no.9 is with his back to goal he gives the ball away too often and he is no longer a serious goal threat.

He’s better off the left but that is obviously Sinclair‘s position. I would give Maguire that role and start Riis up front whilst Sinclair is injured.
The little ball (1st half) that Maguire played Earl? in taking 2 defenders out inside the box was exquisite. 1st class delivery.

Mooney, maybe you can advise me. I've had calf muscle strains in recent years but never a thigh strain (until a week ago). Played footie indoors last Saturday and during the warmup I took a shot and felt a twinge at the front of the right thigh. I was struggling for the game unable to shoot, stretch for the ball or even pass accurately. By Tuesday i felt fully recovered and went to play again. As soon as I kicked the ball felt it straight away and struggled the rest of the game. Since then the front of both thighs are sore. In my 50's - do I need a few weeks rest?
The front muscle on the thigh is definitely more prone to ‘pinging’ when warming up, especially during shooting practice, which is due to a repetitive explosive use of the muscle. Some footballers don’t like the shooting drills before matches for this reason.

Seems odd that it’s both legs though... difficult to say really. You’re not dissimilar in age to me, so I’d probably suggest total rest for a week or so and see if there’s any improvement. I’m no physio, just as an old fart who played football into his 40s and now runs long distance, I have had most injuries!

Same happened to me once mate. I hadn't played football for a few years and then turned out for a works team as a guest. Played the full 90. A week later, I agreed to play in the replay but the minute I kicked the ball even for a short pass my thigh at the front completely seized up and the pain when I made contact with the ball was excruciating. Had to come off after about ten minutes of not wanting anyone to pass the ball to me. Stiff and sore thighs for about three weeks!

Same happened to me once mate. I hadn't played football for a few years and then turned out for a works team as a guest. Played the full 90. A week later, I agreed to play in the replay but the minute I kicked the ball even for a short pass my thigh at the front completely seized up and the pain when I made contact with the ball was excruciating. Had to come off after about ten minutes of not wanting anyone to pass the ball to me. Stiff and sore thighs for about three weeks!
The quads are prone to this...if you think about the way in which booting a ball uses that muscle it is not a muscle we use in that way normally. Without a proper warm up it’s more likely than not.

Ultimately this could be...

1. muscle fatigue ‘tightness’. A good massage and rest and he’ll be reet.
2. A hamstring injury of various grades. Grade 1 - probably a week or 2. Looking at how he walked off and knowing how my hammies have gone properly in the past, suspect this.
Grade 2... week or two longer.
Grade 3... 6 weeks. Didn’t look this bad
Grade 4... hmm... depends on where exactly the tear is.
Gally was holding the back of his upper leg the same last week and he played yesterday, it could be just muscle cramp.

Gally was holding the back of his upper leg the same last week and he played yesterday, it could be just muscle cramp.
He was indeed. With Gally, he does suffer from Hamstring strains though and had just come back from one. Looked to me he was inspecting the area where he has had some damage to feel if there was a little tear. May of course be wrong. Thought Scotty was doing the same yesterday initially. All it proves is the late flag for offside is a stupid rule.

He was indeed. With Gally, he does suffer from Hamstring strains though and had just come back from one. Looked to me he was inspecting the area where he has had some damage to feel if there was a little tear. May of course be wrong. Thought Scotty was doing the same yesterday initially. All it proves is the late flag for offside is a stupid rule.

It is but I‘m not convinced that happened with the injury. The commentator was moaning about it but he missed so much yesterday I wouldn’t be surprised if he missed the flag. It’s much more of an issue in the top division with VAR bit I actually think it’s reasonable in that circumstance.

Just been reading an article about Helen Flanagan and her latest pregnancy and she says that SS has recently broken his hand in a game. Hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere.

it sounds like a quad strain (rectus femoris) of the kicking muscle(s).
need to do daily strengthen exercises working up to a pain level of 3 out of 10- wall squats etc. (anything more than level 3 pain then cut back)
you should still be able to do- and encouraged to do- regular exercises that are pain free- such as running (i.e. not totally rest)
when strength back up and ready to start footy then ensure you do a rigerous warm up, working up to simple ball passing BEFORE doing kicking (you will notice the shooting drills on Deepdale are after 20 mins of other warm ups not the odd jog)... We oldies like to whack the ball early and its usually the worst thing we can do !!

As for the hamstring strains - basically 9 levels (3 grades with a; b & c within each grade).
Grade 1 - upto 20% fibres torn and therefore 5 - 14 days out depending on it being an a, b or c strain.

Grade 2 - 20% - 80% fibres torn and so usually 2 - 6 weeks again depending on a; b or c level

Grade 3 - 80&+ upto rupture of muscle (detached) - anywhere from 7weeks to 14 weeks if surgery to re-attach is needed (as per Greg C).

Grade 4 ? never heard of it..

Sinclair looked like a precautionary grade 1 or low grade 2 - i.e. hopefully back after the FA Cup game!

Gally seems to be more cramp in his Gluts than his hammy's.....otherwise he cant keep playing 3 days later.

Gally seems to be more cramp in his Gluts than his hammy's.....otherwise he cant keep playing 3 days later.
Whatever it is, it seems a pain in the arse! I get similar when I’ve done a long run (16k+ counts as a long run) up and down hills. Feel really tight the next day but the day after back to normal. It’s magic! I put it down to decent recovery processes and Rego Drinks (SIS). At my age, they are vital!

Doubt Sinclair will be back, could see Gally being rested after three starts and returning to a back four with possibly Earl dropping out. Ledson & Potts coming into the side would be my guess.

Rudd
Fisher, Huntington, Davies, Hughes
Browne, Ledson
Potts, Johnson, Barkhuizen
Maguire​