Sinclair

JK

The Big Boss
Staff member
Patron

Sinclair has scored a decent number of goals without looking at his best since arriving but you could see the confidence flow once he scored today.

I've noticed he has been coming in for a bit of stick recently but I still believe he will be a key player for us.

keithaw

Manager

Sinclair has scored a decent number of goals without looking at his best since arriving but you could see the confidence flow once he scored today.

I've noticed he has been coming in for a bit of stick recently but I still believe he will be a key player for us.
I agree

sf

Advisor to the Owner
I think his days as an out & out winger are behind him.

Needs to be allowed to drift centrally at every opportunity and get in that six yard box.

Just need to make sure there is someone always there to cover him and keep him out of our own half as much as possible.

sports rehab

Advisor to the Owner
Browne was awesome in the 10 - winning all the headers v their full backs and getting us into their half. Play SS in the 10 and there is no room for Browne or DJ...

Hughes did the wide attack; LEdson covered behind and SS stepped inside to run at the defence..../ get in the box....

ernest

Advisor to the Owner
I think his days as an out & out winger are behind him.

Needs to be allowed to drift centrally at every opportunity and get in that six yard box.

Which is what I have been saying for some time - the proviso being that it needs someone else up there to provide knock-downs as for our first goal though admittedly Sinclair did it all by himself for the second.

ernest

Advisor to the Owner
Please no more playing Browne at full back.

Certainly not when we have either of Fisher or Rafferty available. In an emergency Browne has shown he can fill in there but if Johnson is not available then the only place to play Browne in the centre of the '3'. Frankly if in those circumstances we needed an emergency right-back then Storey who is at least a defender could be used there.

Where the smeg did they dig him up from 😂😂

Agree with the sentiment though. His scoring record sure isn't bad for us. Maybe he needs to be stopped handed defensive duties and just let him attack.

ernest

Advisor to the Owner
NEEDS to play as a 10 in the current formation or as 1 of 2 up top imho. He isn’t a second left back, wing back or even a winger anymore for me. Take the defensive shackles off a bit and get him in and around the opposition box. The lad has a quality finish on him.

That central role in the '3' needs some vision and passing which aren't Sinclair's greatest attributes. He isn't a 'winger' in the sense that he can beat a fullback and put a cross in but he can be dangerous cutting in from wider. But as we saw today he is a class finisher in the penalty box.

Spavin Stardust

Forum Patron
Patron
Browne was awesome in the 10 - winning all the headers v their full backs and getting us into their half. Play SS in the 10 and there is no room for Browne or DJ...

Hughes did the wide attack; LEdson covered behind and SS stepped inside to run at the defence..../ get in the box....
If AN can work out how to get Sinclair, DJ & Barkhuizen all on the pitch at the same time and playing close to Cream Crackers or Stockley, I think we will be on to a winner.

Ledson imho if he keeps playing the way he is doing and Pearson gets back to his best, gives us a very solid 2 in front of the defence. Leaving a bit more room for more offensive thinking higher up the pitch? Let the opposition worry about PNE!

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
NEEDS to play as a 10 in the current formation or as 1 of 2 up top imho. He isn’t a second left back, wing back or even a winger anymore for me. Take the defensive shackles off a bit and get him in and around the opposition box. The lad has a quality finish on him.
Giving Sinclair a pile of defense duties is to me counter productive, needs to be allowed to attack