Sinclair

Tuesday Nights

Forum Patron
Patron
He has upset the dressing room dont you know

I know you are attempting humour here but let’s be clear. The completely unsubstantiated speculation started on here was claiming it was his wage (not that anyone on here has a clue what it is of course) not Sinclair himself that was upsetting the others.

Tuesday Nights

Forum Patron
Patron
I get the impression that there is something not right behind the scenes , not just with Sinclair but across the whole club..

What does your impression lead you to believe is wrong? What have you seen to make you think this way?

Last edited:

pneveg

Forum Patron
Patron
I know you are attempting humour here but let’s be clear. The completely unsubstantiated speculation started on here was claiming it was his wage (not that anyone on here has a clue what it is of course) not Sinclair himself that was upsetting the others.

This myth some fans have about other players being upset because a player is on more money. When in fact the players are happy to train and play with a player of quality.

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner
I thought this, however.......

I was in a restaurant some while ago and sat on the table next to me were a couple with their little kid. The husband seemed to be rather henpecked and the child seemed spoilt but was also getting his head pecked at too. When the waitress came ‘round, the mother started to refer to her son “Sinjun”. I thought WTF kind of name is that?!! 🤔. I then pulls out my phone to weigh it up and this is what I was greeted with :

No idea if this is the same crack as Scotty or Isla, but it could be.
The surname St John is often pronounced 'Sinjun' and I think it links to the French version as in 'Saint -Jean' or the Spanish 'San Juan'. The footballer Ian St John was sometimes referred to as Ian ' Sinjun' and I remember the politician Norman St John - Stevas was 'Sinjun'. I just thought it was for people who wanted to sound posh.
However, I don't ever remember 'you're going home in a Sinjun's ambulance' being sung at a footy ground!

Strongbow

Advisor to the Owner
The surname St John is often pronounced 'Sinjun' and I think it links to the French version as in 'Saint -Jean' or the Spanish 'San Juan'. The footballer Ian St John was sometimes referred to as Ian ' Sinjun' and I remember the politician Norman St John - Stevas was 'Sinjun'. I just thought it was for people who wanted to sound posh.
However, I don't ever remember 'you're going home in a Sinjun's ambulance' being sung at a footy ground!

Often preceded by the chant 'Your gonna get you fuckin head kicked in' ............... they don't wrote lyrics like that anymore eh H ?

Tuesday Nights

Forum Patron
Patron
This myth some fans have about other players being upset because a player is on more money. When in fact the players are happy to train and play with a player of quality.

Exactly. I have no clue why so many on here are so keen to type masses of crap about who earns what, who wants what and who’s been offered what when they have no idea what the players private financial affairs are!

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner
Often preceded by the chant 'Your gonna get you fuckin head kicked in' ............... they don't wrote lyrics like that anymore eh H ?
There's a track by the Specials on their first album I think which starts with footy fans chanting 'you're gonna get your fuckin' heads kicked in'

K14 PNE

Manager
Used to be religious Soccer AM back in the day, every Saturday without fail. Never been the same since Lovejoy left. Not watched it in years.
Me too and I was fortunate enough to be a guest on it once in 1995. That was pre Lovejoy but Helen was there along with Gary Stevens and Russ Williams.

Doc Brown

Advisor to the Owner
Haven't seen that show in years. If I can remember I might have a watch for a change.
Had its best days under Lovejoy and Helen.

It used to be great, but it’s been past it’s sell by date for years.

I think what soccer am used to have has been superseded by social media. The format doesn’t work any more.

It needs knocking on the head while some of the programme’s legacy is still in tact.

No Danger

Forum Patron
Patron
It used to be great, but it’s been past it’s sell by date for years.

I think what soccer am used to have has been superseded by social media. The format doesn’t work any more.

It needs knocking on the head while some of the programme’s legacy is still in tact.
I'd pretty much forgotten all about it to be honest whereas it used to be the highlight of my Saturday morning.
Surprised it hasn't been dropped to be honest.