PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Sinclair

Just found an old reference book and according to it Macken scored 22 league goals in 1999/2000 which would have been our promotion season and 19 league goals in 2000/01 our play off season. 41 goals in 2 seasons is mightily impressive.
Tony Ellis got 48 goals in 2 Div 3 seasons (92-94).
Alex Bruce 48 in 2 seasons (97/99). The first season was the promotion from Division 3 to Division 2.
Have you got the right years there for Alex a Bruce?

Have you got the right years there for Alex a Bruce?
As far as i know they are correct unless the records I am looking at are incorrect. He did get the golden boot for top scorer when we were promoted in 1977/78 and had a good season when we were back in div 2 and finished 7th after a poor start.
Remember we did the double over Rovers that season and I'm pretty it was the season that Bruce got that iconic goal at Ewood.
My memory can play tricks though these days.

As far as i know they are correct unless the records I am looking at are incorrect. He did get the golden boot for top scorer when we were promoted in 1977/78 and had a good season when we were back in div 2 and finished 7th after a poor start.
Remember we did the double over Rovers that season and I'm pretty it was the season that Bruce got that iconic goal at Ewood.
My memory can play tricks though these days.
You wrote 97-99 😉

🗣 "In Scott Sinclair, North End have serious quality."

Give our latest piece on the site a read.👇🏻

Really nice piece this one. It helps understand my initial frustration with Sinclair and recognise his valuable role in the side going forward.