PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Sky Sports sackings

Dirty Harry

Patron
Phil Thompson, Matt Le Tissier and Charlie Nicholas have been sacked from Jeff Stelings Sky Sports show as Sky want to 'change the way we work.' Guess who the touted replacements are? Alex Scott, Micah Richards and Clinton Morrison. Hmmmm.
(Didn't like Thompson, hated Nicholas and thought Le Tissier was OK. I like Alex Scott but can't stand Micah Richards and the less said about Clinton Morrison as a pundit the better.)
This, though, according to Ian Wright in the papers today, makes me and others 'racist' and we need to shut our 'stinking, unbrushed mouths.'He has often complained about the lack of black people getting jobs on TV yet he himself over the years has had more TV shows in his time than soft Mick and has been crap on most. My dislike of someone like Clinton Morrison as a pundit is down to nothing more than his inability to string more than three words together coherently.
Eeeeehhhh.

Phil Thompson, Matt Le Tissier and Charlie Nicholas have been sacked from Jeff Stelings Sky Sports show as Sky want to 'change the way we work.' Guess who the touted replacements are? Alex Scott, Micah Richards and Clinton Morrison. Hmmmm.
(Didn't like Thompson, hated Nicholas and thought Le Tissier was OK. I like Alex Scott but can't stand Micah Richards and the less said about Clinton Morrison as a pundit the better.)
This, though, according to Ian Wright in the papers today, makes me and others 'racist' and we need to shut our 'stinking, unbrushed mouths.'He has often complained about the lack of black people getting jobs on TV yet he himself over the years has had more TV shows in his time than soft Mick and has been crap on most. My dislike of someone like Clinton Morrison as a pundit is down to nothing more than his inability to string more than three words together coherently.
Eeeeehhhh.

Whichever way you look at it, you have to conclude Le Tiss is going because of his recent comments on BLM and Coronavirus. We don't have true freedom of speech over here.

Don't actually dislike Micah Richards (feel he's been a good addition to the Sky setup truthfully) or Clinton Morrison (although it is difficult to listen to him struggle with sentence structure) but completely disagree with the narrative being pushed.

How people can't come to the logical conclusion that the colour of your skin should not be the most important thing when hiring individuals is truly sickening. This new 'enlightened' period we're experiencing currently is nothing short of the beginnings of the same philosophy that saw millions and millions killed during the 20th Century in China and Russia.

Alex Scott I have no problem with. The other two? - meh.

I won't miss "Tommo" but I think Charlie Nicholas will be a big miss.

How the fuck Paul "Everon (It's Everton, Paul)" Merson has survived the chop god only knows.

It was time to move some of them on and in particular Le Tissier was always going to be fired.

I don't get why Merson hasn't been sacked over Charlie Nicholas but we don't know what's gone on behind the scenes. In any case though, Merse shouldn't be a pundit anymore - useless.

There's nothing fishy about it overall - people being removed for being bad at their jobs and more competent, modern, knowledgeable pundits taking their place.

It was time to move some of them on and in particular Le Tissier was always going to be fired.

I don't get why Merson hasn't been sacked over Charlie Nicholas but we don't know what's gone on behind the scenes. In any case though, Merse shouldn't be a pundit anymore - useless.

There's nothing fishy about it overall - people being removed for being bad at their jobs and more competent, modern, knowledgeable pundits taking their place.

Do you genuinely believe that? Or are you being deliberately blind?

Alex Scott I have no problem with. The other two? - meh.

I won't miss "Tommo" but I think Charlie Nicholas will be a big miss.

How the fuck Paul "Everon (It's Everton, Paul)" Merson has survived the chop god only knows.

Alex Scott is one hell of a beautiful woman.

As sexist as it may sound, I have no interest in hearing the opinions of somebody who has played the equivalent of Sunday League football.

Sacked or released from their contracts? Big difference in the two that could cost sky further along in the future.

Do you genuinely believe that? Or are you being deliberately blind?

Okay, so what do you believe is at play here other than people being sacked for poor performance?

How people can't come to the logical conclusion that the colour of your skin should not be the most important thing when hiring individuals is truly sickening. This new 'enlightened' period we're experiencing currently is nothing short of the beginnings of the same philosophy that saw millions and millions killed during the 20th Century in China and Russia.

You know what? Never mind.

Yup, she is a total babe. Easy on the eye.

Which does seem to be important. Look at the game reporters. Which of these three hasn’t progressed very much - Michelle Owen, Bianca Westwood and Faye Carruthers? Carruthers is the best but hasn’t progressed.

Merson can’t string a sentence together but when he does talk there is sense somewhere in there if you listen hard enough. Nicholas just shouts over everyone else, Thompson is a hypocrite who hated ex payers being on tv when he was assistant manager at Liverpool. Le Tissier probably signed his own P45 with his comments that have been interpreted as anti vaccine. They do still employ the worst pundit in the history of tv, Kamara, a bloke who doesn’t even know what’s happened on the pitch.

Morrison strikes me as a lovely bloke but talks absolute inane nonsense. Richards is very knowledgeable and comes across well. My wife has requested they use Matt Murray a bit more!

As for Ian Wright, I once tried to read his autobiography and had to stop because of the exceptionally high opinion he had of himself. That’s carried over into his punditry, he thinks everything is about him and objects when someone has a different view. He also doesn’t seem very popular amongst his peers.

Lovely bloke? You should listen to Jon Parkins account of first meeting him at training when Morrison threatened to shoot him. And it wasn't the only time he's threatened to have someone shot apparently.

Just from my observation on tv, Morrison does indeed come across exactly as wld said. He was probably trying to tell Jon Parkin to shoot, and just got his words fuddled!

Okay, so what do you believe is at play here other than people being sacked for poor performance?

You know what? Never mind.

So you're one of them.

I believe this is completely, 100%, motivated by the current BLM movement and their desire to appear as politically correct as possible.

Martin Luther King would be turning in his grave.

This would be clear - if Sky hadn’t declared that they “want to change the way we work”.

This obviously points to an “agenda” - and unless Sky clarify what that agenda is, then no blame on anyone for jumping to certain conclusions.

Lovely bloke? You should listen to Jon Parkins account of first meeting him at training when Morrison threatened to shoot him. And it wasn't the only time he's threatened to have someone shot apparently.

I don’t listen to podcasts anymore (I used to whilst commuting), just my perception of him.

This would be clear - if Sky hadn’t declared that they “want to change the way we work”.

This obviously points to an “agenda” - and unless Sky clarify what that agenda is, then no blame on anyone for jumping to certain conclusions.

Could it not just be they want younger pundits? Not saying that would be right or wrong but I did comment only last week that much of tv was dumbing down to the ‘laddish’ culture, a bit like Soccer AM. It could well be their research says the audience is a bit sick of the staleness of the same middle aged blokes every week. When they started doing it, there wouldn’t have been any viable option but to employ people like them. Now, any replacement could be white, black, male, female - 20 years ago, it would almost certainly have to be white, male.

Eeeeehhhh.
This is what he actually did say, from the horses mouth, so to speak.

I find Alex Scott quite knowledgeable to be honest. I enjoyed listening to her on Super Sunday or Match of the Day as a pundit. But I don't think she's been great on Goals on Sunday as a presenter. She is incredibly gorgeous as well.

Clinton Morrison is terrible in the studio. I quite enjoy Micah Richards as a pundit.

Scott Minto, who presented the EFL coverage, has also been released. Which is a shame as he was another I felt was good at his job.