PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Sky Sports sackings

An advert which has Jeff Stelling, Phil Thompson (sacked), Charlie Nicholas (sacked) and Matt Le Tissier (sacked) on it.

You wouldn't be happy if you were one of the three.
The SKY advert promoting gambling awareness makes me laugh. The advert's about three steps to help control what you spend and Stelling says "use these three simple tools...." while Nicholas, Thompson and Le Tissier are shown in a football kit. I reckon someone knew how that might be perceived. 😄

Just watching Soccer Saturday now - Morrison is pretty annoying. He’s only got the gig as the token Irishman.

Just watched Question of Sport. Why the bloody hell are they getting rid of Barker, Tuffs & Dawson?? Absolutely superb TV.

Crazy.

Nope. It's the pinnacle of broadcast TV.

You'll miss it when it's gone.
Who's replacing them? Unfortunately I'm old enough to remember Bill Beaumont being team captain. He lived on Stanley Croft in Broughton for a while near some of my primary school mates. Was a really nice (and big) bloke

Who's replacing them? Unfortunately I'm old enough to remember Bill Beaumont being team captain. He lived on Stanley Croft in Broughton for a while near some of my primary school mates. Was a really nice (and big) bloke
When I was a teenager in hospital having my tonsils out Bill Beaumont was in the same ward having an injury seen to. No private treatment for him! Then they moved him out somewhere else when a bloke came in to our ward chained to his bed with two coppers by his bedside. Turned out he was an IRA terrorist. (The new patient, not Bill Beaumont.)

Ooo good. Bill Beaumont stories.

Many years ago we took our 2 kiddies into Zest in Lytham in their double pram. Bill was arriving just as we were leaving. He held the door open for us as I squeezed the pram through and ran over his foot.

"Oops, sorry Bill !"

He had match worn shirts hanging up in his living room, I think Serge Blanco might have been one of them.

Running over Bill's foot is a good one. I made a right prick of myself in front of Clint Boon ( Inspiral Carpets) at a Mark Chilton Benefit do in The Point a few years back. Still gives me shivers

He had match worn shirts hanging up in his living room, I think Serge Blanco might have been one of them.

Running over Bill's foot is a good one. I made a right prick of myself in front of Clint Boon ( Inspiral Carpets) at a Mark Chilton Benefit do in The Point a few years back. Still gives me shivers
haha I bet Mrs Beaumont was chuffed at that ! I hope they were suitably presented & framed, and not just slung over wire coat hangers like my Uni room :ROFLMAO:

Beaumont claimed to be a Shitpool fan, but, I saw him at Deepdale one night. It was a Tuesday, about 1987 and he was stood on the Pavilion Paddock. I think we were playing Brentford and I'm pretty sure we lost.

Now that the Condiment Cricket First X1 has been finalised, is it time for your best Bill Beaumont anecdotes? Think it has legs