PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Snooker

Regardless

-
Patron
Really good to see a sporting event with a crowd on!

Two really great semi-finals but really thought that the final would be clearly won easily by whoever came through the O'Sullivan/Selby semi. But O'Sullivan has been poor in this final... even when taking a huge lead. But Wilson is making a fist of it.

Lots of shouting and excitement from the crowd too, puts to bed the Mail story that we wouldn’t be allowed to shout etc when stadiums reopen.

They’ve both been dreadful though.

Lots of shouting and excitement from the crowd too, puts to bed the Mail story that we wouldn’t be allowed to shout etc when stadiums reopen.

They’ve both been dreadful though.

I've only dipped in and out... but there doesn't seem to be top quality on show. Shame about that last frame. From 2-8, I am sure Wilson would have taken 7-10 overnight but he really should have clinched that last one to be only one behind... even though Ronnie got a real fluke to get back into the frame.

The only other frame Ronnie won tonight was based on a fluke too... from what the commentators were saying, although I didn't see that. O'Sullivan looked a distracted soul for the last couple of frames tonight.

If playing snooker really is too much trouble for him then it’s high time he slung his hook.
I don't warm to him at all. "Man of the people"... Not IMO. Hurricane Higgins. Jimmy White... and plenty more fit that bill. I don't really get the loud "Come on Ronnie" brigade at the Crucible.

Ronnie's a bit of a pompous disrespectful knob - though I wish him no ill. He clearly has his demons of sorts.

I don't warm to him at all. "Man of the people"... Not IMO. Hurricane Higgins. Jimmy White... and plenty more fit that bill. I don't really get the loud "Come on Ronnie" brigade at the Crucible.

Ronnie's a bit of a pompous disrespectful knob - though I wish him no ill. He clearly has his demons of sorts.

He was a bit better today! I think he’s just a bit thick to be honest and says exactly what he feels without thinking how the receiving party might feel.

I did find it a bit strange how the crowd could sit there, quite close together, without masks and could shout etc at will whilst I had to wear a mask a mask to church.

Don't knock it, I look better in mask....so I'm told!!!

Was that his dad with him at the presentation last night? Presumably out of prison if so. Got about 20 years for murder a while back

Ronnie is a granddad too. Daughter, mother of grandchild, has been getting stuck into him in the press this morning. Claims she's met her dad 12 times in her life and he's never seen the grandchild.

Probably tabloid bollocks but seems a bit odd.

Looking forward to watching the rocket in the final today. Sadly just in advance of the hairdressers opening for the unfortunate Neil Robertson now resporting his natural mad curly Oz look. Instead of his usual debonair blonde parting. Could intefere with his usual smooth cueing action.

1616920767053.jpeg

Looking forward to watching the rocket in the final today. Sadly just in advance of the hairdressers opening for the unfortunate Neil Robertson now resporting his natural mad curly Oz look. Instead of his usual debonair blonde parting. Could intefere with his usual smooth cueing action.

View attachment 3404
It was wild enough at the last tournament. He must quite like it because presumably he’d be able to use the ‘on tv’ rule to get it cut.

Ive not enjoyed a tournament as much as this one for a long time. Fascinating and good coverage of some players not previously given much of the limelight. Good to have Bristolian tones in the commentary as well.

Ive not enjoyed a tournament as much as this one for a long time. Fascinating and good coverage of some players not previously given much of the limelight. Good to have Bristolian tones in the commentary as well.
He‘s growing on me is Trump. Presumably they gave him the role because of his comments about the team being too old and stale and at first he was poor but as the days have passed he’s become more comfortable.

Marvellous to see the place full this last couple of days, makes me realise (if a reminder was needed) how much I’ve missed live sport and watching on tv with fans in. Selby seems to have dropped off this afternoon but Murphy isn’t really taking advantage.

Aye, I've always loved the World Snooker champs, for some reason it reminds me of Spring starting and light evenings. Also, me and my mates would often truant school in the afternoons to watch the day sessions on TV at my mates house.

Aye, I've always loved the World Snooker champs, for some reason it reminds me of Spring starting and light evenings. Also, me and my mates would often truant school in the afternoons to watch the day sessions on TV at my mates house.

Was the Gillette Cup in the 70s