PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

• We have been advised by our hosts there will be a period of downtime between 20:00 - 23:00 BST on Friday 14th June for server improvements.

PNE Online and PNE Flags will be unavailable for various periods during this time.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

CONFIRMED Sodexo Live! Catering contract.

its a french company -no thanks, on the rare occasion I may attend I wont be investing in any frog eating business.
Why cant the club manage it and keep all the profits?
Makes more sense to outsource. Lots of regulation nowadays even to sell just a humble pie. You need to pay managers , have people responsible for hygiene , staff matters etc etc. Just selling hot food for about 30 days a year makes no sense. Even the likes of Bae don’t bother to do their own catering.
It’s a shame that the club tried the “Preston” ( as in Preston council ) model in using a local supplier but they couldn’t make it work. It shouldn’t be rocket science to serve people at half time quickly. So they have had to go to a French company - hopefully they can work out.

No chance of there being much of a beer queue for john smiths bitter. !

I’m not sure if they are going to do the catering in the invincibles and boxes or not. I always thought that was quite decent from Heathcote. If it reverts to canteen style food then this won’t work.

Makes more sense to outsource. Lots of regulation nowadays even to sell just a humble pie. You need to pay managers , have people responsible for hygiene , staff matters etc etc. Just selling hot food for about 30 days a year makes no sense. Even the likes of Bae don’t bother to do their own catering.
It’s a shame that the club tried the “Preston” ( as in Preston council ) model in using a local supplier but they couldn’t make it work. It shouldn’t be rocket science to serve people at half time quickly. So they have had to go to a French company - hopefully they can work out.

No chance of there being much of a beer queue for john smiths bitter. !

I’m not sure if they are going to do the catering in the invincibles and boxes or not. I always thought that was quite decent from Heathcote. If it reverts to canteen style food then this won’t work.
Heathcotes have had the catering in the exec areas for a long time, Im pretty sure since the Baxi days. Its their expertise and theyre very good at it.

The branch out into general stadia catering was well out of their comfort zone and sadly people will always remember them for this. I had some fantastic food in the great room, in times past, the quality excellent and service was spot on.

Shouldn't be too hard on them. At least they get one star.

Precisely what we need to resolve catering issues.

I’d always take those ratings with a big pinch of salt. After all, when’s the last time you got your lunch from the work canteen, or from a festival tent and thought about leaving a positive review.

You’d consider it for a small, local business, but not this type of business.

Heathcotes have had the catering in the exec areas for a long time, Im pretty sure since the Baxi days. Its their expertise and theyre very good at it.

The branch out into general stadia catering was well out of their comfort zone and sadly people will always remember them for this. I had some fantastic food in the great room, in times past, the quality excellent and service was spot on.
Not quite correct. They had it for years then the contract was awarded to The Villa (Simon Rigby's company) who were abysmal.
Heathcotes won it back about 4 years ago.

Not quite correct. They had it for years then the contract was awarded to The Villa (Simon Rigby's company) who were abysmal.
Heathcotes won it back about 4 years ago.

Didn't heatcotes sell their outside catering as well then he bought it back?

I’d always take those ratings with a big pinch of salt. After all, when’s the last time you got your lunch from the work canteen, or from a festival tent and thought about leaving a positive review.

I’m like that with their chips gazza. 🧂

Yes. Agree. You're right.

I can't help wondering whether by the end of next season we'll be saying bring back Heathcoates, all is forgiven!

And I'm wondering if the catering firm will the very least of our worries. ;)
It’s all a distraction tactic. You’ll barely be able to drag yourself up into the stand Libs. You won’t want to leave the concourse

Leonardo Dicaprio Calvin Candie GIF

It’s all a distraction tactic. You’ll barely be able to drag yourself up into the stand Libs. You won’t want to leave the concourse

Leonardo Dicaprio Calvin Candie GIF

Bloody good film that... One of my all time favourites. Which concourse by the way?.. The lazy buggers can't even be arsed giving us a choice of awful service. :D

The proof will be in the eating. 🙂

Has anyone on here had experience of them?