Southgate

Spot on. Has he ever come from behind and won yet?

I think lampard would do better he's far more attack minded and with the players England have should be going for it

Yes - belgium and Croatia in the nation leagues.
Euro semi final v Denmark.

Lampard is statistically one of the worst managers in Chelsea’s history. If we appointed him we wouldn’t even get out the groups.

People go on about we lost a final and semi final but I guarantee not one person on this forum has had a better time supporting England since 96. And if you have please name the time you had fun supporting the national team.

Lord Edgington

Forum Patron
Patron
He’s also the only one that’s reached a World Cup semi-final, and came with a couple of spot kicks of landing a first EURO’s title.

It’s very easy to criticize and say we could be doing this, and that, but whatever he’s doing works for the players. We’ve also improved year on year under him.

Yes, the squads great, but we’ve had golden generations and superstar managers before, that haven’t worked.
Clearly like me you are not an expert in everything 🤷‍♂️🤔😉

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
Pardon? No he didn't, got beat in both world cup games v Belgium and went ahead against Croatia and lost

I'm not even bothered but....

England 2 - 1 Belgium
UEFA Nations League 2020-21 - League A Group 2
Wembley Stadium, London
Lukaku 16 mins
Rashford 39 mins
Mount 64 mins

England 2 - 1 Croatia
UEFA Nations League 2018-19 - League A Group 4
Wembley Stadium, London
Kramaric 57 mins
Lingard 78 mins
Kane 85 mins

Lord Edgington

Forum Patron
Patron
I'm not even bothered but....

England 2 - 1 Belgium
UEFA Nations League 2020-21 - League A Group 2
Wembley Stadium, London
Lukaku 16 mins
Rashford 39 mins
Mount 64 mins

England 2 - 1 Croatia
UEFA Nations League 2018-19 - League A Group 4
Wembley Stadium, London
Kramaric 57 mins
Lingard 78 mins
Kane 85 mins
Stop Using facts in a debate 🤔👍

MrHodgeheg123

Tickety-boo
Happy with what he's doing. Surprised at some of the comments here.
Absolutely!
Hasn't won anything YET but has got the team a damned site closer to doing so than virtually any other manager since '66.
Speaks well and the players seem to like him.
Hardly reasons to get rid.
He's not particularly animated on the touchline but that doesn't make him a poor manager or not passionate.
Atm, he'll do for me.

Wibble

Forum Patron
Patron
Not making any subs last night was on the side of odd. To me, it looks that Southgate didn't have any faith in the squad that he selected.

SF

Advisor to the Owner
I'd definitely like to see more bravery at times from him but obviously he's here to stay. He's done well overall.

cpnend

Advisor to the Owner
Got his team to the finals of the Euros this year and wasn't defeated until after extra time. There's only one other manager in europe that managed that. Not too shabby.

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
Not making any subs last night was on the side of odd. To me, it looks that Southgate didn't have any faith in the squad that he selected.
We completely bossed that game last night and in doing so played so:e lovely football…. How the hell we only got a draw is beyond me.

Maybe we needed to be more clinical in and around their goal.

Wibble

Forum Patron
Patron
We completely bossed that game last night and in doing so played so:e lovely football…. How the hell we only got a draw is beyond me.

Maybe we needed to be more clinical in and around their goal.

Lack of using substitutes perhaps. You know, game management.

OP
white_and_proud

white_and_proud

First Team
He’s also the only one that’s reached a World Cup semi-final, and came with a couple of spot kicks of landing a first EURO’s title.

It’s very easy to criticize and say we could be doing this, and that, but whatever he’s doing works for the players. We’ve also improved year on year under him.

Yes, the squads great, but we’ve had golden generations and superstar managers before, that haven’t worked.
Hard to compare to the past because if you look back then a lot of teams had a lot of better players than England and harder paths

If you look in 2021 England probably have the 2nd best squad in the world and where they have got to I think a fair few of recent managers could have got them their.

Southgate is a great fa man and off the pitch stuff he's first class, sadly I thought people would rather be winners which I think he won't deliver

Sorry but Southgate got the job with only relegating Boro, the fact you seem to think Southgate is high ranked why?

All the names you mentioned would probably do better than Southgate, they would all play quicker faster more attacking football, maybe not dyce

Get Pep in

Lampard is quite frankly a shocking manager. Just look at his record at Chelsea. The worst Chelsea manager in prem history.
The fact you will think he will win a major national tournament with England (go one better than a final?) shows what you know about football. Thick as fuck.

Hard to compare to the past because if you look back then a lot of teams had a lot of better players than England and harder paths

If you look in 2021 England probably have the 2nd best squad in the world and where they have got to I think a fair few of recent managers could have got them their.

Southgate is a great fa man and off the pitch stuff he's first class, sadly I thought people would rather be winners which I think he won't deliver

On paper:
Germany have a better squad.
Belgium have a better squad
Spain have a better squad
Brazil have a better squad.
Italy have a better squad.

Our squad have a lot of talented youngsters who aren’t quite there yet. You say we have the second best squad in the world and we lost to the best one on penalties in a final so going off what you just said it’s pretty much as expected.

Sports Trader

Advisor to the Owner
On paper:
Germany have a better squad.
Belgium have a better squad
Spain have a better squad
Brazil have a better squad.
Italy have a better squad.

Our squad have a lot of talented youngsters who aren’t quite there yet. You say we have the second best squad in the world and we lost to the best one on penalties in a final so going off what you just said it’s pretty much as expected.
That’s just not right at all.