PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Southgate

Can't help but think he's the one holding the England team back from winning anything, my mates just said imagine what we could do with a decent manager

Anyone else agree?

Can't help but think he's the one holding the England team back from winning anything, my mates just said imagine what we could do with a decent manager

Anyone else agree?

He’s the perfect man for the FA.

I think he’s a good organiser, says all the right things, and he’s squeaky clean.

But when it comes to a bit of tactical nous he was never very good, and as for a motivational manager he’s far more likely to send you to sleep.

Easy to be critical though.

He’s the perfect man for the FA.

I think he’s a good organiser, says all the right things, and he’s squeaky clean.

But when it comes to a bit of tactical nous he was never very good, and as for a motivational manager he’s far more likely to send you to sleep.

Easy to be critical though.
Spot on. Has he ever come from behind and won yet?

I think lampard would do better he's far more attack minded and with the players England have should be going for it

Spot on. Has he ever come from behind and won yet?

I think lampard would do better he's far more attack minded and with the players England have should be going for it
Lampard was sacked at Chelsea for a reason. At the time they weren't making the top 4, they sacked him and appointed a good coach, who then got them top 4 and Champions League winners.

I'm a big fan of the England set up right now. The most important part is the players, and they're producing the best tournaments results consecutively since 1966.

If Southgate was sacked tomorrow, who realistically is better? That's not to say he's a brilliant manager. He isn't, and the fact we used 0 subs tonight was shocking. But I seriously struggle to think of someone who would realistically take over the job that would be better than Southgate. Dyche, Lampard, Gerrard, Howe!? No thanks.

Lampard was sacked at Chelsea for a reason. At the time they weren't making the top 4, they sacked him and appointed a good coach, who then got them top 4 and Champions League winners.

I'm a big fan of the England set up right now. The most important part is the players, and they're producing the best tournaments results consecutively since 1966.

If Southgate was sacked tomorrow, who realistically is better? That's not to say he's a brilliant manager. He isn't, and the fact we used 0 subs tonight was shocking. But I seriously struggle to think of someone who would realistically take over the job that would be better than Southgate. Dyche, Lampard, Gerrard, Howe!? No thanks.
Sorry but Southgate got the job with only relegating Boro, the fact you seem to think Southgate is high ranked why?

All the names you mentioned would probably do better than Southgate, they would all play quicker faster more attacking football, maybe not dyce

Get Pep in

I could name many managers who could do a better job than him.

Wouldn’t want him at North End, thats how poor he is. Getting a shiny new contract as well.

Rewarding failure. Absolute joke.

Tbf, would you take Chris Coleman?
It’s a poison chalice of a job and the worlds experts in everything it seems take little of what happens below the waterline into account.
It has been for years, why in gods name wouldn’t they take cloughie as the manager ?
The man was on fire, players wanted to play for him and he knew the game inside out - we both know the answer
It’s a play safe game, hence they took on the bumbling fool cashardyce and when eventually fan pressure gets the incumbent sacked, the same one who got us to our first final since 66 they will employ someone of a similar pattern

Managed it against Belgium (the number 1 ranked team in the world) and Croatia. Might be others.

We probably don't go behind all that often though.
Pardon? No he didn't, got beat in both world cup games v Belgium and went ahead against Croatia and lost

Anyone else agree?
He’s also the only one that’s reached a World Cup semi-final, and came with a couple of spot kicks of landing a first EURO’s title.

It’s very easy to criticize and say we could be doing this, and that, but whatever he’s doing works for the players. We’ve also improved year on year under him.

Yes, the squads great, but we’ve had golden generations and superstar managers before, that haven’t worked.