St Cuthbert Mayne,Fulwood.

ashtonwhite

First Team
I went there 79 - 84.Any other ex pupils on here?

I didn't go there but I know a couple of teachers who left William Temple to go to Cuthbert Mayne - Mr. Done and Mr. Armstrong - going back to Mr. Done he was a games teacher who was a pretty good footballer - he played for Morecambe in the 74 FA Trophy.

jersey white

First Team
I didn't go there but I know a couple of teachers who left William Temple to go to Cuthbert Mayne - Mr. Done and Mr. Armstrong - going back to Mr. Done he was a games teacher who was a pretty good footballer - he played for Morecambe in the 74 FA Trophy.

Did Mr Done teach geography as well?

OP
pnethor

pnethor

Youth Team
Cuthbert Mayne pupils had a certain class about them.

I guess you could say we were a cut above the rest of the Town.

Juan Kerr

Youth Team
I did - left in 88 - the last year of the name 'Cuthbert Mayne' before it merged with Campion and changed to Our Ladys High.

Steve Done also played for Chorley.
Nigel Ranson who was a Science teacher when I was there is now Head.

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
Im obviously one of the older members of the forum .....

I was there from 71 - 76 ( in fact i lived about 30 seconds from the main gates but still managed to be late every day )

Colgan was the PE teacher in those days who took great delight in thrashing me with his size 8 plimsoll on regular occasions ! :mad:

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Staff member
Patron

And his daughter Steph,despite the slap,was oreet!!! :D

Last edited:

ashtonwhite

First Team
91-96 for me.

Doney is now scouting for Blackburn.

when did he go to Blackburn - I saw him when he was scouting for Manure about 4 years ago - Longridge v chipping under 13's - he didn't stop long - he coached Franz Carr at Temple - I had a chat with him and he told me Franz Carr was an football agent in Italy.

Northern Scum

First Team
Our Lady's 1995 - 2000.

Mr Done taught me French in first year then left to scout for Man Utd.

It was a top school. Not sure if is still the case.

OP
pnethor

pnethor

Youth Team
When i was there the PE teachers were Mr Rainford,Mr Kulbaki and Mr Mcviegh.The headmaster was Mr Connolley and deputy head was Mr Smith who was a PNE fan.One of the other teachers was Dick Clegg who did a lot of work at North End.