PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

• We have been advised by our hosts there will be a period of downtime between 20:00 - 23:00 BST on Friday 14th June for server improvements.

PNE Online and PNE Flags will be unavailable for various periods during this time.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

St Cuthbert Mayne,Fulwood.

He says Wallace's looks were based on a postman called Jerry in this article??!

Wallace looks too simular to Mr. Kelly to not have been an influence. Nick Park was probably just saving his blushes.

It was rumoured that Mr. Kelly lived in his office as no one ever saw him leave school, was a perculilar character.

Wallace looks too simular to Mr. Kelly to not have been an influence. Nick Park was probably just saving his blushes.

It was rumoured that Mr. Kelly lived in his office as no one ever saw him leave school, was a perculilar character.
He was/is a lovely man but school can be a cruel place! I think I’m older than you (50s) so maybe he changed by the time you were there.

Relative of mine was in his class at Cuthbert Mayne.

Although according to his Wiki he did grow up in Penwortham, so I'm not entirely clear how or why he ended up schooling in Preston. Sure others will know.
When i went to Cuthbert Mayne ( 1971-76 ) there were lots of pupils there from Penwortham who came everyday on the school buses.

I lived about 60 seconds from the school gates but still managed to get my name in the "late book" virtually every day

Bit of a random question, and one for those who went to high school in 70s, 80s and maybe early 90s.

Was there a deputy head in one of the Fulwood High schools called Mr Noblett?

He's apparently still alive, lives in Hoghton and he's in his early 90s now. Was probably a Preston NE fan as his son went on Deepdale until the early 90s when they put the price up by a quid so he stopped bothering.

Bit of a random question, and one for those who went to high school in 70s, 80s and maybe early 90s.

He's apparently still alive, lives in Hoghton and he's in his early 90s now. Was probably a Preston NE fan as his son went on Deepdale until the early 90s when they put the price up by a quid so he stopped bothering.
There was a Mr Noblet at Fulwood High when i was there from 72-77. Don't remember him being Deputy Head, but then again i couldn't tell you who was Deputy Head. The Headmaster in my time there was Mr Boak.

When I started high school in 1990, the head at Christ The King was Mr Noblett.
He retired not long after.

St Cuthbert Mayne has always been Preston’s 3rd division Catholic high school..

Those who were fortunate enough to attend Preston’s premier sporting school, St Thomas More, especially between 84-89, know this to be true.

There was a Mr Noblet at Fulwood High when i was there from 72-77. Don't remember him being Deputy Head, but then again i couldn't tell you who was Deputy Head. The Headmaster in my time there was Mr Boak.

Do you remember what subject he taught? He may have become deputy head after you left.

St Cuthbert Mayne has always been Preston’s 3rd division Catholic high school..

Those who were fortunate enough to attend Preston’s premier sporting school, St Thomas More, especially between 84-89, know this to be true.
Ha ha ha, St Thomas More ( now Corpus Christi ) always had good football teams…

My kids went there and even in the 1990’s they seemed to get to the finals every year..