PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

St Cuthbert Mayne,Fulwood.

My era 1968-73.
Well the memories come flooding back don't they..
Finch House , Sargeant was head of Finch.
Colgan was P.E. teacher , rumour was that he was hanging out of the girl's P.E. teacher a Miss Clitheroe , just a rumour mind. Bastard gleefully showed me his trainers where made in Hungary before letting me have 6 of the best on the arse , fucking sadistic or what!!
Castlerigg Manor was the week away , great fun , didn't realise they still did that till i read this thread , was a joy that week was .
Connelly was head and Melling was deputy , both liked dishing out the old CP.
I'll try to remember my teachers..
Kelly-english
Ghan-maths
Sargeant- R E
Colgan- P E
Miss Eastam- English Lit ( soft spot for her)
Barker- woodwork
Limb- Science
History , Geography and Metalwork - forgot , hated those subjects anyway.
All in all it was a great school , i am proud to have been educated there , if i could roll back the years to that time i would do.
Wonder what happened to my mates , seems so long ago , bloody hell i've gone all sad now.
Metalwork was Crook.

I went to what started as Blessed Cuthbert Mayne 68-73 and later became St Cuthbert Mayne. As Ando said there were lots of students from Penwortham, Much Hoole etc used to travel and ended when All Hallows’ opened. The Deputy Head Mr Melling went to the new school as Headteacher I believe. I always remember getting into trouble with my maths Teacher Mr Gharn for getting George Ross’s autograph on my maths book(He used to drop his children off at St Antony’s Junior school) happy days.
Drop them off? 😂

They lived one road behind that gap in the hedge oppo St Anthonys School playground. 😂

I knew both of his sons. Went to our school (Mayne) and we played in the same Central Lancs U15 and U16 teams.

Hi . I went to Cuthbert Mayne but had mates at TM. Vincent Duddy, Royston McPhail, Mark Wadmore. All Brilliant footballers. Billy Wallace too. Great keeper.
Played with Vinny, Royston, Waddy and Billy Wallace after we left school for the Colts all good players. Though they weren't as good earlier when they played against us at Ribby Hall :giggle:

I guess I was not the street wise lad that most of my team mates were. While at school I played in teams during the week and at weekend. They were mainly made up of Cuthbert Mayne, Thomas More and others (apologies). We were made up of Preston school boys, Lancashire school boys and one England school boy. It was a privilege playing alongside them. PS I remember a game v Ribby Hall quite vividly. It was a mud bath and the ball kept sticking in the brown stuff lol. I think we won but recall a shot goal bound, but stopping in the mud on the goal line. Great days!!!

Drop them off? 😂

They lived one road behind that gap in the hedge oppo St Anthonys School playground. 😂

I knew both of his sons. Went to our school (Mayne) and we played in the same Central Lancs U15 and U16 teams.
Beechwood Drive ??

I guess I was not the street wise lad that most of my team mates were. While at school I played in teams during the week and at weekend. They were mainly made up of Cuthbert Mayne, Thomas More and others (apologies). We were made up of Preston school boys, Lancashire school boys and one England school boy. It was a privilege playing alongside them. PS I remember a game v Ribby Hall quite vividly. It was a mud bath and the ball kept sticking in the brown stuff lol. I think we won but recall a shot goal bound, but stopping in the mud on the goal line. Great days!!!
Yep the mud made it look like the Somme didn't stop Vinny whipping in a free kick passed me mind into the top left hand corner

Drop them off? 😂

I won’t name them because that wouldn’t be fair (I did know them both) but the younger one was in my year (so one year younger than you). Was the elder one in your year or the year above you?

I won’t name them because that wouldn’t be fair (I did know them both) but the younger one was in my year (so one year younger than you). Was the elder one in your year or the year above you?
Either one or two years above me was the eldest.

Miss Pickup was Deputy Head and used to stand at the couridor junction of the main building checking all the girls dress code :ROFLMAO:
Mr Boak was known as Dracula, spitting image as he marched into assembly with his cape on :ROFLMAO:
Mr Marsh, Mr Owen, Miss Gillett, Mr Ridge, Miss Bell, Mrs Blackledge, Mr Fradleigh to mention and remember a few 🫣