PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

St Cuthbert Mayne,Fulwood.

WallaceGromitPhoto01.jpg

I don't think Nick park ever confimred it but Mr Kelly was the inspiration for Wallace.

Was Nick Park an ex pupil?

Always thought that he was from Penwortham tbh. :confused:

Last edited:
Brother Fred !!!!!! Always thought he was a great head of my year until ........ you probably know the rest.

Yeah he taught me for French in 1975 / 76.........

I never realised when he was giving me 6 of the best on the arse what he was getting up to in his private life !

Last edited:
Was Nick Park an ex pupil?

Always thought that he was from Penwortham tbh. :confused

He was Our Lady's. think he left circa 75ish. I am sure he was from Garstang. Used be friends with a member of his family and they are all that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
My era 1968-73.
Well the memories come flooding back don't they..
Finch House , Sargeant was head of Finch.
Colgan was P.E. teacher , rumour was that he was hanging out of the girl's P.E. teacher a Miss Clitheroe , just a rumour mind. Bastard gleefully showed me his trainers where made in Hungary before letting me have 6 of the best on the arse , fucking sadistic or what!!
Castlerigg Manor was the week away , great fun , didn't realise they still did that till i read this thread , was a joy that week was .
Connelly was head and Melling was deputy , both liked dishing out the old CP.
I'll try to remember my teachers..
Kelly-english
Ghan-maths
Sargeant- R E
Colgan- P E
Miss Eastam- English Lit ( soft spot for her)
Barker- woodwork
Limb- Science
History , Geography and Metalwork - forgot , hated those subjects anyway.
All in all it was a great school , i am proud to have been educated there , if i could roll back the years to that time i would do.
Wonder what happened to my mates , seems so long ago , bloody hell i've gone all sad now.

Whenever it rained during lunch,we'd be sent to the Sports Hall and with Smith and another teacher who left for Bispham (can't remember his name) patrolling the hall,we'd roll 20p coins into the middle of the hall with the challenge being to dart across the hall,scoop up the 20p without being spotted.

Those spotted has to kneel in the middle whilst Smith,to loud cheers,would kick the unlucky ones up the ass.

Anyone remember the weekly Cheesy v David Gilbirdi feud in PE?

Last edited:
I didn't go there but I know a couple of teachers who left William Temple to go to Cuthbert Mayne - Mr. Done and Mr. Armstrong - going back to Mr. Done he was a games teacher who was a pretty good footballer - he played for Morecambe in the 74 FA Trophy.

Bit full of himself, Done. Proper Tango man, he must have shopped at the same place as Carlo Nash!!

Anyone suffer "the elbow treatment" off Machin in metalwork for pissing about? :D

I once took the p*ss out of his cowboy boots and he heard. I got the full elbow treatment that day. What was it? One thumb and forefinger either side of the elbow in the fleshy bit then squeeze hard. Painful.

I was there 84 to 89 by the way

Last edited by a moderator:
Done. Proper Tango man, he must have shopped at the same place as Carlo Nash!!

As was/did shop his (rather fit) daughter Steff.

I was there yesterday via work and bumped into Tiny Tim.

After a bit of banter...ie,what do i do (postie),i told him i've been grafting for the past 19 years...he laughed..graft?....what do you do i said,pretend to be a footballer on the PE field,aye oreet,thats real graft!.....TT walked off :D.

Last edited: