PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

St Cuthbert Mayne,Fulwood.

I went there 79 - 84.Any other ex pupils on here?

I didn't go there but I know a couple of teachers who left William Temple to go to Cuthbert Mayne - Mr. Done and Mr. Armstrong - going back to Mr. Done he was a games teacher who was a pretty good footballer - he played for Morecambe in the 74 FA Trophy.

I didn't go there but I know a couple of teachers who left William Temple to go to Cuthbert Mayne - Mr. Done and Mr. Armstrong - going back to Mr. Done he was a games teacher who was a pretty good footballer - he played for Morecambe in the 74 FA Trophy.

Did Mr Done teach geography as well?

I did - left in 88 - the last year of the name 'Cuthbert Mayne' before it merged with Campion and changed to Our Ladys High.

Steve Done also played for Chorley.
Nigel Ranson who was a Science teacher when I was there is now Head.

Im obviously one of the older members of the forum .....

I was there from 71 - 76 ( in fact i lived about 30 seconds from the main gates but still managed to be late every day )

Colgan was the PE teacher in those days who took great delight in thrashing me with his size 8 plimsoll on regular occasions ! :mad:

And his daughter Steph,despite the slap,was oreet!!! :D

Last edited:
91-96 for me.

Doney is now scouting for Blackburn.

when did he go to Blackburn - I saw him when he was scouting for Manure about 4 years ago - Longridge v chipping under 13's - he didn't stop long - he coached Franz Carr at Temple - I had a chat with him and he told me Franz Carr was an football agent in Italy.

Our Lady's 1995 - 2000.

Mr Done taught me French in first year then left to scout for Man Utd.

It was a top school. Not sure if is still the case.

When i was there the PE teachers were Mr Rainford,Mr Kulbaki and Mr Mcviegh.The headmaster was Mr Connolley and deputy head was Mr Smith who was a PNE fan.One of the other teachers was Dick Clegg who did a lot of work at North End.